• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Must suck having horrible taste. Keep wasting time pining for more shit Wu releases that will never measure up to their only good album.

Must suck having horrible taste. Keep wasting time pining for more shit Wu releases that will never measure up to their only good album.

arms too short to troll with god

I'm not saying Flowers is bad, it has some good songs and obviously Blu's rhymes are good. It's just completely forgettable. I'll give it another shot and try to get through it in one sitting, but I found it to be very disappointing. And I'm someone who was a huge fan of these dudes, btw. I still remember the first time that live version of More Out Of Life came out: shit blew me the fuck away. Of course, the album version now has some dumb singing chorus : /

Recon

Banned
arms too short to troll with god

I'm not saying Flowers is bad, it has some good songs and obviously Blu's rhymes are good. It's just completely forgettable. I'll give it another shot and try to get through it in one sitting, but I found it to be very disappointing. And I'm someone who was a huge fan of these dudes, btw. I still remember the first time that live version of More Out Of Life came out: shit blew me the fuck away. Of course, the album version now has some dumb singing chorus : /

Your shit taste won't change with another listen. Go back to stroking your dick to Jay Elec pics while listening to Dear Moleskin.

CRS

Recon, hahaha. Jesus.

It's worth noting that Exile is on record saying that album was thrown together moreso as something him and Blu to listen to/reflect on. It was never meant to be the actual follow up to the first album.

To make matters worse Blu purposely picked a variety of beats even Exile was shocked he picked

This album reminded me a lot of Her Favorite Colo(u)r which I love. Always thought Blu produced Untitled(LovedU)2 but if Exile did produce it, I don't see how Exile could be surprised at Blu's beat decisions.

Acid08

Banned
The beats weren't my favorite on it and I actually prefer a lot of the unmastered version over the mastered. The lo-fi ness of it just suited the songs more.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hey gaf, I feel like a fish out of water trying to look for a certain form/sounding rap.

I'd love to hear something that this clip of a freestyle from biggie smalls. The beat isn't too convoluted and remains pretty simple while the way he raps is pretty "sharp" ... ugh I don't know how to explain but yeah anything in the same vein would be great. Any suggestions?

verbum

I was listening to the Sound Opinion podcast from 11/18. At the end of it they were talking about another track for their "desert island".
They had picked "Seed 2.0 ft Cody ChestnuTT" by The Roots. I really liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojC0mg2hJCc

I went on to listen to some of the The Roots other songs. I liked the ones I heard.

I was wondering what other musicians would be similar to The Roots.

(I hope this is the right thread. Forgive me if not).

And I liked this video of Cody Chestnutt working on a new song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9I3PAvr0Ik&feature=related

HiResDes

I was listening to the Sound Opinion podcast from 11/18. At the end of it they were talking about another track for their "desert island".

I went on to listen to some of the The Roots other songs. I liked the ones I heard.

Checkout ArtOfficial maybe

thabiz

DJ Premier - Live From HeadQCourterz (11/16/2012)
1. Funkghost - YSL Logo
2. DJ Nu-Mark - Never Be Wrong (feat. Haas)
3. 9th Wonder & Murs - Get Together (feat. Rapsody)
4. Smoke DZA - Independence Day (feat. Al-Doe & Styles P)
5. Freeway - The Thirst
6. Apollo Brown & Guilty Simpson - Potatoes (feat. Torae)
7. DJ Nu-Mark - When You Sleep (feat. Large Professor)
8. Sean Price - Bar-Barian
9. BET Cypher 2012 (feat. Jean Grae, Sarkodie, Ab-Soul & Talib Kweli)
10. Craig G - Effortless (feat. Chaundon & Big Pooh)
11. Oxygen - Gone Diggin' (Diggin' By Law Remix)
12. 9th Wonder & Buckshot - Pat Em Down
13. Vinnie Paz - Problem Solver (feat. Scarface)
14. Action Bronson & Alchemist - The Symbol
15. Showbiz & AG - Walkin On Air (feat. A Bless)
16. Nutso - 4 Tha Streetz (feat. AG Da Coroner, Shaze & Camiliano)
17. Statik Selektah & Beanie Sigel - Show N' Off Freestyle
18. Ron Artiste' - Trapped In
19. Bishop Lamont - Shake That Bitch Skit/Dilated Pimpin (feat. Rakaa & Evidence)
20. DJ Nu-Mark - Dumpin' Em All (feat. Bumpy Knuckles)
21. Sean Price - Battering Bars (feat. Pumpkin Head)
22. KRS-One - Disaster Kit

HiResDes

I was talking about good new hip hop artists with my cousins boyfriend and I mentioned Kendrick. He shakes his head in disgust and tells me he aint got shit on Future.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I was talking about good new hip hop artists with my cousins boyfriend and I mentioned Kendrick. He shakes his head in disgust and tells me he aint got shit on Future.

And then you punched him in the throat and pissed on his face right?

Mac and cheese 3 is my aoty. Lock it in.

soulja-girl-on-marta-o.gif

RJT

Be sure to check the entire Roots discography. They don't have a bad album, 1 or 2 are decent, the rest are either very good or amazing.

Other artists: check out Blackstar, and Common (particularly Like Water for Chocolate).

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
yoooooo

That Al-Doe Nose Candy is hard as FUCK.

I've been missing that super greasy shit, and it's some of the best I've heard this year.

PBY

Banned
yoooooo

That Al-Doe Nose Candy is hard as FUCK.

I've been missing that super greasy shit, and it's some of the best I've heard this year.
Y'all give me shit, but I posted this and was the only one here pimping it.

It's no Mac and cheese tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom