• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

cant even find the based thread, and i usually manage to enjoy the more embarrassing bits of OT's hip-hop struggle threads

Recon

Banned
Just bought a 250gb ps3 and some games(Uncharted 1/2 and Infamous 1/2) for cheap. Any recommendations? I am already planning on buying ps+, mainly for the free vanquish.

Just bought a 250gb ps3 and some games(Uncharted 1/2 and Infamous 1/2) for cheap. Any recommendations? I am already planning on buying ps+, mainly for the free vanquish.

metal gear rising is like the craziest fucking game i've played in a little while. the boss battles are so good.

edit: shadows of the damned, bayonetta. that's about it really assuming you also play games on pc.

Recon

Banned
metal gear rising is like the craziest fucking game i've played in a little while. the boss battles are so good.

edit: shadows of the damned, bayonetta. that's about it really assuming you also play games on pc.

I game mainly on PC, so any multiplatform games will be on that. I really want to play Rising, but Im not gonna get it until it comes down in price. I might pick up MGS4 again, since that was my favorite ps3 game.

Yakuza 4 & Valkyria chronicles

Yeah, Yakuza was looking like something I would like.

Hell has frozen over and Tonedeff released some new music

EP download and preorders for the compilation

(let me know if the cover looks NSFW)

RJT

Hell has frozen over and Tonedeff released some new music

EP download and preorders for the compilation

(let me know if the cover looks NSFW)

I've put the cover here before, no one complained (also, no one cares...)

A little bit too electronic for my taste (he's on some dubsteppy kid cudi shit - not that this description makes sense, but those were the first things that came to my mind), it's good to see him release stuff though. The thing I really want is for Kno to finish the production on Chico and the Man...

Officially, this is supposed to be his second album and the dude was rapping back on the Arsenio Hall show lol

Anyway, good to see him rapping but he's on some genre mash up shit. While I appreciate on some level, I wish he'd make a rap ass rap album. Chico and the Man is a ways off since both him and Kno are busy with other projects at the moment. That album is never coming out.

RJT

Officially, this is supposed to be his second album and the dude was rapping back on the Arsenio Hall show lol

Anyway, good to see him rapping but he's on some genre mash up shit. While I appreciate on some level, I wish he'd make a rap ass rap album. Chico and the Man is a ways off since both him and Kno are busy with other projects at the moment. That album is never coming out.

Polymer will be his second album of orginals. There are also some compilations of his featured material and the Peter Anthony Red project (which is ever weirder than this one).

Chico and the Man is supposedly written and recorded. It's on Kno's hands now:

Kno said:
I want this album to exist in your world as much as you do, but I refuse to allow something that I could eventually be the most proud of to A: become the bane of my existence in a pit of regret and B: not get heard by as many people as possible while it mires in some dark, dusty corner of iTunes.

That is why Chico & The Man will not be dropping in December and from this point forward won’t even be discussed or have questions about it entertained until I hold a finished product in my hand that I am 100% happy with.

---

I know that I have deferred all questions and comments about this album to Tonedeff for the past 3-4 years, but the record is in my hands now and the decision to push it is mine and mine alone.

grkazan12

Been listening to old Lil Wayne for a good minute this week and I noticed I lack some of his older mixtapes.

What do you guys think are his essential mixtapes from the past?

Recon

Banned
Polymer will be his second album of orginals. There are also some compilations of his featured material and the Peter Anthony Red project (which is ever weirder than this one).

Chico and the Man is supposedly written and recorded. It's on Kno's hands now:

As time goes on, I like Kno less and less. From his bitching about his samples being found out to just straight up pulling a Jay Electronica by saying the album is complete but refusing to give info on it.

Koncept-Malt-Disney-e1361377378290.jpg

http://www.audiomack.com/album/koncept-1/koncept-malt-disney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt7n5RMnpY0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwDbzGdI-DE

Been bumping this lately.

#16. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist - 22,000 (379,000)

#30. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city - 15,000 (746,000)

#32. A$AP Rocky - Long.Live.A$AP - 14,000 (245,000)

#43. T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head - 12,000 (401,000)

#59. 2 Chainz - Based On A T.R.U. Story - 7,600 (550,000)

#64. Wiz Khalifa - O.N.I.F.C. - 6,800 (330,000)

#69. Joe Budden - No Love Lost - 6,300 (47,000)

#81. Chief Keef - Finally Rich - 4,900 (134,000)

#92. Game - Jesus Piece - 4,100 (201,000)

#96. Trinidad James - Don't Be S.A.F.E. - 4,000 (11,000)

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.23044/title.hip-hop-album-sales-the-week-ending-2-24-2013/

SadAli

Neo Member
riff raff march to stardom begins here.

Despite it all, Riff Raff has managed to be on at least one great track two years in a row. Really not sure where the hell he fits in it all any more.

Looking forward to hearing the Young Thug - link up with BSM seems like an almost perfect fit.

Looking at those sales I guess it's safe to say that the interest in Trinidad James died as quickly as it came.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We need like a GAF-Hop NPD segment of these threads where people wild out and are at each other's necks over some record sales.

SadAli

Neo Member
Naw, it was just a physical release of his mixtape. Can't imagine there was much marketing behind it at all.

Ah ok, tbh I only know him from features on other artist's tapes - have been keeping a fair distance from it all.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Some local vietnamese girls were talking about Macklemore the other day. Dude hit pay dirt with that thrift shop song.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The other being Castles. And Cowboy Boots. So, 3.

But I do kinda listen to Thrift Shop on its own, removed from the album.

Recon

Banned
The other being Castles. And Cowboy Boots. So, 3.

But I do kinda listen to Thrift Shop on its own, removed from the album.

I only skip Thrift Shop and Cowboy Boots. I get the idea behind both, I just find them annoying, but for different reasons. I do love the Jimmy Iovine song, due to its not so nice comments about the chairman of Interscope and having Ab-Soul on the track, who is signed to Interscope. Its just so fucking odd, even if Ab-Soul is just on the hook.

Jay Sosa

Some local vietnamese girls were talking about Macklemore the other day. Dude hit pay dirt with that thrift shop song.

good for him. that line about Gucci shirts always cracks me up and reminds me of fashion GAF. Can't say I'm a fan though.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I remember listening to his EP a few years ago and thinking he had some decent stuff but his voice got obnoxious after a while. Would have never ever imagined him seeing this kind of success back then. Cant hate though, good for him. Although thrift shop and white walls are the only tracks I really enjoy from the heist. Not a fan of his super serious stuff, he gets a little over dramatic at times.

On a different note, I always seem to forget what a great album Bow Down is. Definitely top 10 west coast of all time for me.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You don't know real hip hop unless you cry just a little, when you think of letting go. #realmencry

Nah son. Weren't you paying attention? There is a line. A line that we must never cross. We must pretend to be thuggish and mean and street at all times or we have crossed that line. Real thugs don't cry, less they gots that tear tattoo. Breh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom