• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
image11.jpg

AITE my ninjas
k80AzQU.gif

Anyone want to sign my petition to replace Nas in the thread title with Jay-Z? Last time I checked, Nas released a solid album last year and multiple dope guest features including one of the best verses of 2012.

Meanwhile what has Jay-Z done in the last year besides a couple wack verses, including that weak sauce Suit & Tie verse.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AITE my ninjas
k80AzQU.gif

Anyone want to sign my petition to replace Nas in the thread title with Jay-Z? Last time I checked, Nas released a solid album last year and multiple dope guest features including one of the best verses of 2012.

Meanwhile what has Jay-Z done in the last year besides a couple wack verses, including that weak sauce Suit & Tie verse.
I think you need to re-read the first page of this thread for why this isn't gonna happen.

One year with one okay album that is only good comparatively to your other recent output does not make up for a quarter to half lifetime of Ls.

Esch

Banned

Sadly Jay's involvement in WTT/NiP is more memorable to the general public than literally anything nas has done in the last like what, 10 years combined. Jay still winning.

DominoKid

Yeeeeeaaah!

Also...who DIDN'T see that Trinidad bomb coming?

you can't consider Trinidad James a bomb for that.
i doubt anybody even knew you could buy it. i damn sure didnt.
only "free at first -> pay for mastered version" path i've ever see work is the So Far Gone EP and young money promo'd it into the ground.

that said, i'd be shocked if he had another hit. AGE was lightning in a bottle.

you can't consider Trinidad James a bomb for that.
i doubt anybody even knew you could buy it. i damn sure didnt.
only "free at first -> pay for mastered version" path i've ever see work is the So Far Gone EP and young money promo'd it into the ground.

that said, i'd be shocked if he had another hit. AGE was lightning in a bottle.

That's still a bomb my dude. If you sign and they don't promote you...that's still a bomb. These one hit wonder non talented artists...I welcome their flops.

Detox

They can't replace Nas' name with Jay because at no point in his career could Jay be considered GOAT

Gafhop just infatuated with money, cars and hoes. Nas' chakra has aligned with the cosmos, he has achieved kundalini awakening. When we are reduced to mere ash and dust aliens will find Nas' music and will write about the heights human civilisation reached. I'm just sad that us mere mortals will never decipher the genius of Nastradamus.

IrishNinja

PD you gots my sword signature

Bless Recon for rocking a J.Cole avatar. Peace.

who and who

good for him. that line about Gucci shirts always cracks me up and reminds me of fashion GAF. Can't say I'm a fan though.

yeah, i see that $500 jeans on/do we dream wrong thread title too

You don't know real hip hop unless you cry just a little, when you think of letting go. #realmencry

we need to make this post in the next ye thread and see where it goes

At least he had the decency to wear socks, I ain't about that no socks-wearing sandals outdoor life.

I am about the socks & sandals life as well

man i unno
i mean i know ya'll talmbout northern areas but down here socks + sandals (outside of animu) gets you slapped, aint bout that indecisive life

It's like he is wearing bees

...dead

I would buy Kanye West DLC for Revengeance.

Slice fools with a Samba. Kanyeti alt costume.

enzo no one needed to hear you say this out loud, it's like who asks "ya'll think Dom would buy Nier if you could replace the OST with low-rent trap music" i mean of course he would

One year with one okay album that is only good comparatively to your other recent output does not make up for a quarter to half lifetime of Ls.

fuggoutta here, LIG is a good album on its own. and you know what else? let's do this

Nas shit which is good if not amazing

Illmatic
It was written
Lost Tapes
Stillmatic
(like half of Gods Son...)
Life is Good

Jay shit which is good if not amazing

Reasonable Doubt
Blueprint
(maybe half of hard knock? maybe like 1/3 of BP2?)
Black Album
some of ya'll say American Gangster but i don't think its there

take that, take that

man how you gon sleep for the intro pages then show up with this, 36

They can't replace Nas' name with Jay because at no point in his career could Jay be considered GOAT

talk to em
wait i just read the rest of that, don't talk to em

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
fuggoutta here, LIG is a good album on its own. and you know what else? let's do this

Nas shit which is good if not amazing

Illmatic
It was written
Lost Tapes
Stillmatic
(like half of Gods Son...)
Life is Good

Jay shit which is good if not amazing

Reasonable Doubt
Blueprint
(maybe half of hard knock? maybe like 1/3 of BP2?)
Black Album
some of ya'll say American Gangster but i don't think its there

take that, take that
Didn't even list HHID, his second best project?

Sorry fam, your gonna have to hold that L with Nas and have to pitch into the Kelis Weave Fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom