• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
We need like a GAF-Hop NPD segment of these threads where people wild out and are at each other's necks over some record sales.
actually i really do enjoy talking about this on the podcast, but generally its not viable for regular discussion. you got the big first week sales to talk about and trends maybe but theres rarely any week over week growth to comment on. let alone get angry over....

//B1G

Banned
Basically, the big wigs are allocating less money to buy airplay to artificially inflate their rapper's sales with.

HiResDes

Did ya'll see those albums for sale on Amazon, all are already big-sellers, representatives trying to inflate the billboards and also land gold/platinum plaques.

//B1G

Banned
Did ya'll see those albums for sale on Amazon, all are already big-sellers, representatives trying to inflate the billboards and also land gold/platinum plaques.

who's the one that just put out a two-disc release? they do that because it counts as two album sales instead of one. it's a tactic they use to push numbers on the billboard

Recon

Banned
Lupe had a backing band both times ive seen him, Kid Cudi too, and it makes the experience so much better. Its really similar to a rock concert but without idiots trying to start a mosh pit. So much damn energy is added just by having live instruments, its night and day compared to the standard DJ+Rapper or Rapper+Backing track.

Tokubetsu

JiYRqEE.jpg

Recon

Banned
At least he had the decency to wear socks, I ain't about that no socks-wearing sandals outdoor life.

Those are about the only sandals you can get away wearing socks with. Honestly, I havnt seen anyone wear that style of sandal without socks. I dont fuck with sandals though.

Esch

Banned
Kendrick is about to get Lupe replacement therapy. if he starts talking about drones in his next couple of songs, you are already dead

codhand

first off, if that's nyc, no man would ever be wearing sandals in manhattan, that he adds socks, is just that west coast ig'nance. i really hope he's in toronto or something.

the only kind you can wear socks with? psch, in a dorm maybe.

'Album of the Year’ Folk Band Mumford & Sons To Do Hip-Hop Album

(AllHipHop News) Fresh off defeating Hip-Hop’s golden boy Frank Ocean’s masterful Channel Orange for “Album of the Year” at the 2013 Grammy Awards the English folk band wants to follow up 2012′s megahit Babel with different genre influences.

“We really want to rap,” lead vocalist Marcus Mumford tells Rolling Stone in a recent interview “We’ve just got so much to say – saying it through a melody doesn’t really work for me.” The West London collective are working on their third album and wants to “do something that’s a cousin” to the indie folk/bluegrass sound that populated their first two LPs according to Mumford.

The band have been taking this idea more seriously than a simple pet project with the band admitting to rapping during practice sessions and even consulting a Hip Hop demigod for guidance.

“We’ve been talking with Jay-Z about it, you know. It’s gonna be a fresh experience for our band,” Mumford said.

Babel was recorded in a little over a year and the band expects a longer process for the new album. “It might take a few more years than it took to make Babel.”It might take a few more years than it took to make Babel,” says band member Winston Marshall.

Mumford and Duns

I'm the Banjo Player, He's the DJ

Mumford, son!

DominoKid

i hope M&S raps like Beck.

At least he had the decency to wear socks, I ain't about that no socks-wearing sandals outdoor life.

I am about the socks & sandals life as well

Those are about the only sandals you can get away wearing socks with. Honestly, I havnt seen anyone wear that style of sandal without socks. I dont fuck with sandals though.

socks & sandals is bum life status. i approve.

overcast

That Kendrick outfit works strangely enough. It shouldn't, but it does. So far he's done well as far as image is concerned.

overcast

Pretty good song. Hook isn't that BAD, just same old Krit. Which isn't a good thing.

I am liking that new Joey Badass track. Damn smooth.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
KRIT has a rappers voice and flow but what the fuck is he ever talking about? One or two songs are legit but more are filler songs. On his own records. He's a less fun luda

//B1G

Banned
i liked juicy's verse but i dunno how you guys can feel comfortable listening to that .... alternative lifestyle music

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
STS - Purity Ring. Samples Fireshrine. Rhymes are dope but they way it was flipped is kinda janky.

HASHTAGS - Ep4 - Don't Call it #Beats. Mini documentary on beatmakers. Features Flying Lotus, XXYYXX and TNGHT, among others. Red Bull put it out so you know it's good.

This is soooooooooooooo boriiiiiiiiiiiiing. Tracks like this are what take you out of his entire body of work and realize K.R.I.T. has no range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom