• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Yeah, I tried getting into Magic but by the time I started getting into it, friends moved onto other things. From the little that I played, it was loads of fun.

The latest Team Supreme is dope as fuck and Jonwayne drops a verse on one of the beats too.

Jonwayne's verse

Dude's album is easily one of my most anticipated. Great voice.

I sold yugioh and pokemom cards like drugs around that grade miri lmfao. Seriously though, other kids used to be quick to buy that shit off me. Then I upped the price if it even looked special. Easy money

They actually had to ban YGO/Pokémon cards in my school. It was so funny because no one knew how to actually play the games back then, it was just all about having the rarest shit.

spin-chan, we talked about this...society will never accept/understand anime pillows if we give up now
how else will I cuddle my waifus. I must keep fighting.

I sold yugioh and pokemom cards like drugs around that grade miri lmfao. Seriously though, other kids used to be quick to buy that shit off me. Then I upped the price if it even looked special. Easy money

haha same here. I didn't give a shit about collecting them, just profiting off the kids who did.

CRS

They actually had to ban YGO/Pokémon cards in my school. It was so funny because no one knew how to actually play the games back then, it was just all about having the rarest shit.

Hahaha. "Yo, you got that holographic Chancey? I'll trade you this holographic Beedrill for it."

I'm surprised Lil B hasn't done the rare trading card reference yet.

IrishNinja

damn, after the last marvel masterpiece shit i was only fucking with these x-men chromium cards by andy/adam kubert, shits was expensive though

think i'm flying solo here

IrishNinja

marvel dc amalgam cards > Chromium cards

man some of the concepts on those cards >>>> the shit event itself, i wish i couldve seen more of that

its always cool when you can mashup some characters in decisively 90's-as-fuck costumes for a card image and not have to actually write bout them, haha

SoilBreak

Banned
man some of the concepts on those cards >>>> the shit event itself, i wish i couldve seen more of that

its always cool when you can mashup some characters in decisively 90's-as-fuck costumes for a card image and not have to actually write bout them, haha

Definitely

The spider-boy and iron lantern comics were hot tho.

Bishman

There was this little punk kid who would pay these two big guys to protect him. People wanted to steal his deck. He would battle ppl in yugioh for $$.

DominoKid

i agree w./ Spicy Nacho >>>
they definitely taste different than nacho cheese. i'd know b/c i hate the nacho cheese.

Also, lol @ the debasement of that Inuyahsa swag. I was in the 7th grade trading yugioh cards and watching some Inuyasha. That's just how those who knew what's what did it.

damn thats exactly how i did it lol. shit was dead by 8th grade.
i was a goon in yugioh though. i wasted so much money on them damn cards.

codhand

doat

Doritos_Baja_Picante_Flavor_Tortilla_Chips.jpg

CRS

It's not a huge difference, but they are indeed slightly spicier.

Maybe cause of my genes and shit but that shit ain't spicy at all. If I want something that tastes good, I get Nacho Cheese and put some Tapatio in the bag, shake it up, and snack.

Side note: That Doritos with Tapatio already on it is disgusting as fuck. Doesn't taste the same.

Esch

Banned
Maybe cause of my genes and shit but that shit ain't spicy at all. If I want something that tastes good, I get Nacho Cheese and put some Tapatio in the bag, shake it up, and snack.

Side note: That Doritos with Tapatio already on it is disgusting as fuck. Doesn't taste the same.
one of my roomies does this with cheetos. then eats the cheetos w/ chopsticks

HiResDes

It's close, Sean P is pretty damn nice, GFK is still nice Kool G is still rapping, and I think R.A. The Rugged Man is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Danny Brown can also spit in a technically impressive manner whenever he wants to

Esch

Banned
I played MTG until i discovered pussy, so like until 8th grade. Shit was mad nerdy now that I think about it.
i stopped playing it round that time too. funds were going elsewhere. great game though still. i had a pc game that was like a top down diablo style rpg with it though. shit ruled.

Recon

Banned
So much god damn wrong in this thread. Someone makes a decent album and got people dick riding like faith on tupac. Roc is alright, but boring sometimes. Sean P.....no.

i stopped playing it round that time too. funds were going elsewhere. great game though still. i had a pc game that was like a top down diablo style rpg with it though. shit ruled.

I had that game too. It was Duels of the Plainswalker .

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I played MTG until i discovered pussy, so like until 8th grade. Shit was mad nerdy now that I think about it.

I played for a very brief time in HS (freshmen, sophmore) then a combo of no money and girls drove me away for many years. I'm back. Fuck it, I've been married for longer than DominoKid has been alive. It's a hobby, goddamnit

Recon

Banned
I played for a very brief time in HS (freshmen, sophmore) then a combo of no money and girls drove me away for many years. I'm back. Fuck it, I've been married for longer than DominoKid has been alive. It's a hobby, goddamnit

Haha, not hating on it at all. I just know no one who plays it anymore. Most stopped after college if not before.

WanderingWind

Oh, it's nerdy as shit. But, we spend our time talking shit on a gaming message board. If you're not comfortable with your nerdiness, you better get there.

The Gotta Go Fast Sonic is the only Sonic cartoon that mattered to me as a kid. I didn't want to go to church cause I knew I'd be missing out on my shows. Also, Pokemon cards were never really a thing at most of my schools, Yu Gi Oh was king and the Magic nerds were left in the back.

DominoKid

Oh, it's nerdy as shit. But, we spend our time talking shit on a gaming message board. If you're not comfortable with your nerdiness, you better get there.

i've been around card shops a ton but the magic crowd was always just some different shit to me. it was like being the "normal" person in a room full of TV stereotype nerds.

Recon

Banned
It's not even that. It's just mtg is on a whole different level that I am not on

MTG is about the same level as Dungeons and Dragons, anyone saying different is just lying. I aint about that life. Next step is furries and tentacle rape.

WanderingWind

I feel the same way. Which is why I play mostly at home and with friends. I've only played in stores about 10 times. Y'all are right though. It's one big stereotype factory.

Recon

Banned
I feel the same way. Which is why I play mostly at home and with friends. I've only played in stores about 10 times. Y'all are right though. It's one big stereotype factory.

You going about it the right way. If you have a group of relatively sane people to enjoy a hobby with(Like PD and the M2M section of Craigslist) then more power to you. Its when you stop showering and live off a diet of mt.dew and hot pockets that you need to worry, and thats who goes to MTG tourneys and card shops...Ive seeent it, i know it to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom