• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

I legit had the new Q on repeat all night and it's one of my top 5 Q songs.

There He Go
Druggies wit Hoes Again
Brand New Guy
Figg Get The Money
Yay Yay

and then
Nightmare on Figg St
Blessed
Hands on the Wheel
Flight Confirmation
PMW (it's ASAP Q, where the bread at? is one of my favorite opening lines in hip hop)
Sexting
Tookie Knows
How We Feeling?
Party

and the honorary
Can I Speak to You?
Birds & The Beez
Fantasy

He's easily my favorite in the game right now. I like everything he puts out. He has so much charisma.

Also if you noticed my list is obviously missing a ton of Setbacks songs... yo I don't like Setbacks. That may make me a bandwagon rider but so be it. Q got light years better in such a short time that I think most of Setbacks is bad in comparison to HnC. His flow improved, variety in idioms and adlibs, charisma increased, subject matter is more focused. On Setbacks all the beats sound like shit the rest of TDE didn't want. On HnC they sound like beats made for Q.

No Kamikaze, Sacrilegious, 2 Raw, My Homie, Cycle, Druggies With Hoes OG?

Let's get a breakdown of Q's ridiculous verse on the OG Druggies Wit Hoes

I been meaning, to be leaning up in that pussy like promethazine and she took the semen my willy beamin'
On any given Sunday that pussy a runway she did it the fun way
Smash it like, Ticante
She did me hombre no need for nombre
We screamin' olé and olé she sport no goalie, she's just a groupie
And group-a, gave top like toupée, bum rushed that coochie
Her pussy lukewarm like Longley, her head be Bombay
Like gin and OJ, took a shot, and I won like gameday
Yes I'm the sensei, comprende?
Got a ticket, one way
Oh you don't really see it that I'm gone?
Pass the baton, black
Real rap, spit to the break of the dawn, nigga we all that
We all that, see that's the shit that we be on
Nigga this Black Hippy, nothing else
Beat so bake I'm 'bout to melt
All my shit be prison felt, TDE we got the belt
Hold it down if nothing else
Swear to god, on my life
Where it's at? Shit on sight
Down to ride, fuck a bike
If I'm locked then fly a kite
Keep a strap on like a dyke

Moooose you only seem to like Q when he's on his A$AP swag shit, but never the grimey 50-cent side. Not a true stan.

HiResDes

New Q was alright. I prefer his higher energy stuff, though.
That was an example of his high energy stuff, but I've decided that beat is not good, as it sounds like an amalgam of a bunch of shit from last year.

#HeirGang

OK I have been out the loop guys is there a better album/mix tape this year than new jet city?

There are like 5 to 10 things I would put over New Jet City, but they are not gonna be for everyone. Raw Hyde is probably my album of the year.

mooooose

No Kamikaze, Sacrilegious, 2 Raw, My Homie, Cycle, Druggies With Hoes OG?

Let's get a breakdown of Q's ridiculous verse on the OG Druggies Wit Hoes

I been meaning, to be leaning up in that pussy like promethazine and she took the semen my willy beamin'
On any given Sunday that pussy a runway she did it the fun way
Smash it like, Ticante
She did me hombre no need for nombre
We screamin' olé and olé she sport no goalie, she's just a groupie
And group-a, gave top like toupée, bum rushed that coochie
Her pussy lukewarm like Longley, her head be Bombay
Like gin and OJ, took a shot, and I won like gameday
Yes I'm the sensei, comprende?
Got a ticket, one way
Oh you don't really see it that I'm gone?
Pass the baton, black
Real rap, spit to the break of the dawn, nigga we all that
We all that, see that's the shit that we be on
Nigga this Black Hippy, nothing else
Beat so bake I'm 'bout to melt
All my shit be prison felt, TDE we got the belt
Hold it down if nothing else
Swear to god, on my life
Where it's at? Shit on sight
Down to ride, fuck a bike
If I'm locked then fly a kite
Keep a strap on like a dyke

Moooose you only seem to like Q when he's on his A$AP swag shit, but never the grimey 50-cent side. Not a true stan.
Kamikaze and Sacrilegious were oversights, you right. But his flow on the og Druggies wit Hoes sounds so amateur compared to the stuff he would do later. 2 Raw comes at a bad place on HnC so maybe I'd like it more out of context. My Homie has such a boring ass beat and some annoying (which rarely happens with me and Q) adlibs. Overall it totally sounds like a throw away.

Q sounds uncomfortable on Druggies wit Hoes. So much of it sounds like a poorly thought out freestyle.

Esch

Banned
Watch him get a DUI on a horse.
ibk7TNjH5zgxPz.gif

Detox

Watched the Killer Mike interview on Breakfast club and I'm more interested in his other albums apart from RAP. He mentioned ghetto extraordinary and said Puff liked it and it was the predecessor to RAP. I listened to the 1st track Killer Mike - Get Em Shawty (feat. Three Six Mafia) and loved it. I'll be downloading Ghetto Extraordinary, what other albums should I get?

Jay Sosa

Watched the Killer Mike interview on Breakfast club and I'm more interested in his other albums apart from RAP. He mentioned ghetto extraordinary and said Puff liked it and it was the predecessor to RAP. I listened to the 1st track Killer Mike - Get Em Shawty (feat. Three Six Mafia) and loved it. I'll be downloading Ghetto Extraordinary, what other albums should I get?

only have the first one which is kinda meh besides those two tracks:

Adidas

All 4 U

Ah, oversized NBA jackets and sped up soul samples, good times.

T Dollarz

I highly doubt Killer Mike has anything better than RAP Music. That was the perfect recipe of rapper and producer. His flow and delivery of those politically charged lyrics were so perfect over those beats.

thabiz

Statik Selektah - Extended Play dropping June 18th. featuring Joey Bada$$, Action Bronson, Raekwon, Sean Price, Mac Miller, Black Thought, Noreaga, Lecrae, Lil Fame, Styles P, Mike Posner, Termanology, Freddie Gibbs, Bun B, Joell Ortiz, Pos of De La Soul, Talib Kweli, Troy Ave, Hit-Boy & many many more.

Statik Selektah - Extended Play dropping June 18th. featuring Joey Bada$$, Action Bronson, Raekwon, Sean Price, Mac Miller, Black Thought, Noreaga, Lecrae, Lil Fame, Styles P, Mike Posner, Termanology, Freddie Gibbs, Bun B, Joell Ortiz, Pos of De La Soul, Talib Kweli, Troy Ave, Hit-Boy & many many more.

He's moving to Premo status in terms of a lot of his shit sounding the same. Hopefully the album diversifies things a bit. I really liked 100 Proof though, that was a solid album

Tokubetsu

He's moving to Premo status in terms of a lot of his shit sounding the same. Hopefully the album diversifies things a bit. I really liked 100 Proof though, that was a solid album

Yea, I like a bit of his stuff but at this point if you're statik fan you probably like that one or so album he did and thats all you need. For me, I still say "Spell My Name Right" is his best work and that was like the first record he did.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
R.A.P. Music is pretty damn good, I wouldn't say it's a 10/10 though. Nor would I say Killer Mike is right in thinking he belongs on the MTV list.

Plus dude's tinfoil hat is super huge. Sleeping with 2 shotguns by the bed for real :lol

anyone ever listen to Cool Breeze's East Point's Greatest Hit or Witchdoctor's A S.W.A.T. Healing Ritual? Underrated albums, especially if you're a fan of mid to late 90's Organized Noize production

I was kinda obsessed with the Dungeon Family around that time, so I picked up on all the "sidekick" albums as well. They both aren't amazing MC's or anything, but they got personality and interesting flows to listen to. Was listening to the albums recently, and they still hold up imo.

Witchdoctor
Georgia Plains
Heaven Comin'
Smooth Shit

Cool Breeze
Creatine (shit, I never knew a video came out for this)
Tenn. Points (featuring a great fucking Eightball verse)
E.P.G.H.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom