• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

listen up Nas stans. Nas vs Jay on albums is not the battle to be fought. it's just not.
now if you want to go just on the strength of great songs...there might be an argument to be had there.

IrishNinja

Didn't even list HHID, his second best project?

i remember liking it, but not as much as you here - i do need to revisit it, cause untitled and streets disciples could shit in my mind

also we aint talmbout life decisions here, that's why ya'll lupe and blu fans are still allowed to speak

listen up Nas stans. Nas vs Jay on albums is not the battle to be fought. it's just not.
now if you want to go just on the strength of great songs...there might be an argument to be had there.

songs isnt even a contest, i'm trynna make shit fair for you here dom
tell me which jay albums you found great that i left out, you're one of those BP3 kids aren't you

Esch

Banned
They can't replace Nas' name with Jay because at no point in his career could Jay be considered GOAT

Gafhop just infatuated with money, cars and hoes. Nas' chakra has aligned with the cosmos, he has achieved kundalini awakening. When we are reduced to mere ash and dust aliens will find Nas' music and will write about the heights human civilisation reached. I'm just sad that us mere mortals will never decipher the genius of Nastradamus.

word

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They can't replace Nas' name with Jay because at no point in his career could Jay be considered GOAT

Gafhop just infatuated with money, cars and hoes. Nas' chakra has aligned with the cosmos, he has achieved kundalini awakening. When we are reduced to mere ash and dust aliens will find Nas' music and will write about the heights human civilisation reached. I'm just sad that us mere mortals will never decipher the genius of Nastradamus.
Is there a best GAF-Hop posts twitter?

EDIT:
Trinidad Jame$ ft. T.I., Young Jeezy & 2Chainz - All Gold Everything (Remix) video.

Tokubetsu

So apparently there's gonna be a 12 Reasons To Die comic:
ftXms1x.jpg

First issue cover is drawn by one of my favorite artists, Donald Wimberly:
http://d3-14.tumblr.com/post/44187994045/hey-everybody-i-was-honored-to-provide-the

IrishNinja

Is there a best GAF-Hop posts twitter?

we did once yeah

So apparently there's gonna be a 12 Reasons To Die comic:

First issue cover is drawn by one of my favorite artists, Donald Wimberly:
http://d3-14.tumblr.com/post/44187994045/hey-everybody-i-was-honored-to-provide-the

fuck yeah! this one looking to get a physical release? i still got the Meth and Ghost ones, that 9 rings of Wu-tang TPB is in queue

Remember the awesome shit they did for the Wu-Massacre?

such good wallpaper material, really bummed that they never made it a thing, after that link talking about it
i fucking love hip-hop comics, still trying to hunt down the like 5 or so issues Public Enemy got, as well as even a scan of that rare-ass MF DOOM one

Macca

Fuck, I was thinking about it on the train, and damn I think Grand Hustle would be a great fit for KRIT. Both as a rapper and producer.

//B1G

Banned
i wonder if i'll ever be able to really appreciate current rap like i do the past stuff.
everyone talks about how over-saturated the genre is with new dudes, but i only dig maybe 6 artists total. not sure if it's because i'm just stuck in the 90's or because i just don't feel like dudes are putting in enough effort these days. i hate how it's more about the image than the actual content. overproduced beat + catchy hook = $$$, and it seems everyone knows it and uses it as a cop-out to make papes instead of actually putting blood sweat and tears on the track like it used to be.

i wonder if it's going to change or if it's just going to get worse. i guess only time will tell.
fortunately for me though i have such a vast collection of older rap/hip-hop i don't think i'll ever get sick of listening to it. shit, i've been bumping memphis stuff religiously for like 8 years now and know every track by heart yet i still feel like i'm listening to some of it for the first time. with new releases i can barely get one full playthrough before i'm bored of it. don't know if that's indicative of my tastes of just the state of the game. maybe both.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck, I was thinking about it on the train, and damn I think Grand Hustle would be a great fit for KRIT. Both as a rapper and producer.
They burned B.o.B. out so quick. And then you look at how P$C, Young Dro, etc. did and yeah.

At least he has creative freedom at Def Jam.

DominoKid

i wonder if i'll ever be able to really appreciate current rap like i do the past stuff.
everyone talks about how over-saturated the genre is with new dudes, but i only dig maybe 6 artists total. not sure if it's because i'm just stuck in the 90's or because i just don't feel like dudes are putting in enough effort these days. i hate how it's more about the image than the actual content. overproduced beat + catchy hook = $$$, and it seems everyone knows it and uses it as a cop-out to make papes instead of actually putting blood sweat and tears on the track like it used to be.

i wonder if it's going to change or if it's just going to get worse. i guess only time will tell.
fortunately for me though i have such a vast collection of older rap/hip-hop i don't think i'll ever get sick of listening to it. shit, i've been bumping memphis stuff religiously for like 8 years now and know every track by heart yet i still feel like i'm listening to some of it for the first time. with new releases i can barely get one full playthrough before i'm bored of it. don't know if that's indicative of my tastes of just the state of the game. maybe both.

being that jaded must be difficult.

Recon

Banned

When your taste is all occult and death that, suicide this, it limits your options.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Dudes in here talking about chakras and shit.... and that Jay over Nas as the G.O.A.T. ...ya'll have lost your minds.

//B1G

Banned
is having standards for what you like really being jaded though? i mean i don't listen to pop music because it's garbage to me because i don't appreciate a single aspect that goes into making it, or the final product, not because i'm jaded. i'm not necessarily saying "rappers should make 90's rap", i'm just waiting for dudes to do something on that level again.
and ftr when i said i like 6 dudes i didn't mean in total, i meant current artists putting stuff out.

like if i grew up listening to the beatles or something and then turn on the radio one day and keep hearing limp bizkit on repeat i'm going to be like what the fuck is this? this is not what rock should be...

recon you're like a half-assed troll but i'll give you a response anyway since i'm typing so much... i don't only like horrorcore shit, i like all the good shit from NY - even some current stuff from there, i some southern rap like z-ro and 8ball and all them, not so much west coast shit, but a lot of east coast rap. the triple 6 and jak progresso does tend to get more play from me though

Recon

Banned
is having standards for what you like really being jaded though? i mean i don't listen to pop music because it's garbage to me because i don't appreciate a single aspect that goes into making it, or the final product, not because i'm jaded. i'm not necessarily saying "rappers should make 90's rap", i'm just waiting for dudes to do something on that level again.
and ftr when i said i like 6 dudes i didn't mean in total, i meant current artists putting stuff out.

like if i grew up listening to the beatles or something and then turn on the radio one day and keep hearing limp bizkit on repeat i'm going to be like what the fuck is this? this is not what rock should be...

recon you're like a half-assed troll but i'll give you a response anyway since i'm typing so much... i don't only like horrorcore shit, i like all the good shit from NY - even some current stuff from there, i some southern rap like z-ro and 8ball and all them, not so much west coast shit, but a lot of east coast rap. the triple 6 and jak progresso does tend to get more play from me though

I wasnt trolling, thats just all you ever post, plus the occasional bay rapper. I know you like the classics, I was only referring to modern rap you like. Im really not trying to rile you up or troll you.

IrishNinja

B1G i get what you're saying, but its hard to not have a time capsule of who you were/what was goin on at the time - took me a while to accept it but i can't rightly seperate shit like that in my mind

like, i love tribe for the same reasons i did in the day, but hearing Midnight Marauders brings so many feels

I mean, how many times can I re-listen to Papoose and U-God's classics, right?

TIMELESS

Dudes in here talking about chakras and shit.... and that Jay over Nas as the G.O.A.T. ...ya'll have lost your minds.

im sayin tho

CRS

Just your tastes and glorification of he past.

DominoKid

i don't consider that having standards. there's just faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too much shit out there these days to only be enthusiastic about a few acts.

cacophony

there will always be good music & bad music, you just have to know where to look to satisfy what you want.

I feel music will continually get better and better anyway, production & technology gets better & competition gets higher and higher. it sounds like you almost shut off music made now, you have to have an open mind and learn appreciate certain things. i used to hate shit on the radio until I actually started listening to the radio, now I love most of the stuff I hear & I have an appreciation for what it takes for a song or artist to even get on the radio and the quality of production that goes into a hit

I kinda agree with Recon on that's all you ever post. I mean I was surprised as hell when you linked a Mike Jones song at some point.

I would recommend something, but I only know you like that dark shit lol. That you seem to have well covered already

PBY

Banned
there will always be good music & bad music, you just have to know where to look to satisfy what you want.

I feel music will continually get better and better anyway, production & technology gets better & competition gets higher and higher. it sounds like you almost shut off music made now, you have to have an open mind and learn appreciate certain things. i used to hate shit on the radio until I actually started listening to the radio, now I love most of the stuff I hear & I have an appreciation for what it takes for a song or artist to even get on the radio and the quality of production that goes into a hit
Agree. I went through a conscious rap-fuck-mainstream-shit phase til I realized that mainstream stuff has value to it, and sometimes there is a reason why underground shit stays underground.

cashman

Banned

Pilot Talk by Curren$y is a modern classic. It will change your mind about modern hip hop

//B1G

Banned
I kinda agree with Recon on that's all you ever post. I mean I was surprised as hell when you linked a Mike Jones song at some point.

I would recommend something, but I only know you like that dark shit lol. That you seem to have well covered already
Yeah I do post that shit often but you see on occasion I post about various other stuff I'm listening to. I don't ONLY listen to dark shit, it's just like that's my staple out of my stuff. I'm open to everything unless it's just blatant lowest common denominator music, which unfortunately most the current stuff is. If it has tact I'll check it out, and if a dude whose taste I trust recommends it I'll definitely listen.

Im going off dark liqours right now. Been on the vodka for the last 6 days and this shit is a game changer.

Im talking about being in the city off my fucking face on the stuff, waking up the next day with no hangover in sight. None. Tired as fuck with a mouth as dry as a nuns vagina but no headaches or dodgy stomach or any of that usual stuff.

Oh and in the club this weekend, no hip hop getting played, DJ plays the Foreigner song and transistions into this version. Shit was so live, hadnt heard it in years and the circumstances made it even better.

cashman

Banned
Yeah I do post that shit often but you see on occasion I post about various other stuff I'm listening to. I don't ONLY listen to dark shit, it's just like that's my staple out of my stuff. I'm open to everything unless it's just blatant lowest common denominator music, which unfortunately most the current stuff is. If it has tact I'll check it out, and if a dude whose taste I trust recommends it I'll definitely listen.

Have you listened to Lute West1996? He has pretty "90s" style sound.

Macca

Im going off dark liqours right now. Been on the vodka for the last 6 days and this shit is a game changer.

Im talking about being in the city off my fucking face on the stuff, waking up the next day with no hangover in sight. None. Tired as fuck with a mouth as dry as a nuns vagina but no headaches or dodgy stomach or any of that usual stuff.

Oh and in the club this weekend, no hip hop getting played, DJ plays the Foreigner song and transistions into this version. Shit was so live, hadnt heard it in years and the circumstances made it even better.
Yo dude, look above, you missed a chance to shit on MOTM.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Pilot Talk by Curren$y is a modern classic. It will change your mind about modern hip hop

Real Talk right here.... Shit opened the door to me appreciating this current generation of nice rappers. Not for nothing these young dudes are the first group of young rappers to come correct since the 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom