• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Preordered the Twelve Reasons To Die 2CD deluxe edition"

Limited Edition Deluxe 2CD set, includes both the Vocal and Instrumental versions albums -- plus the first 500 orders will include a bonus Cassette (an alternate version of the album produced by Apollo Brown) and issue #1 of the Twelve Reasons To Die comic book.

Any way to know if your order was in the first 500? That tape sounds dope.

HiResDes

Preordered the Twelve Reasons To Die 2CD deluxe edition"

Any way to know if your order was in the first 500? That tape sounds dope.

I might drop $55 for that super deluxe this shit is tight:

1037134642-1.jpg

I mean this is a lot of stuff even for the large amount of money - This collection includes both the Vocal and Instrumental albums on Vinyl LP, the Deluxe 2CD set, the Cassette (an alternate version of the album produced by Apollo Brown), Issue #1 of the Twelve Reasons To Die Comic, Album Poster and Ghostface Killah T-Shirt! Limited to 1000 sets Worldwide...

Fuck someone talk me out of it.

Acid08

Banned
I might drop $55 for that super deluxe this shit is tight:

1037134642-1.jpg

I mean this is a lot of stuff even for the large amount of money - This collection includes both the Vocal and Instrumental albums on Vinyl LP, the Deluxe 2CD set, the Cassette (an alternate version of the album produced by Apollo Brown), Issue #1 of the Twelve Reasons To Die Comic, Album Poster and Ghostface Killah T-Shirt! Limited to 1000 sets Worldwide...

Fuck someone talk me out of it.
I'm right there with you dude. Thinking about cancelling my order for this to guarantee all that stuff.

HiResDes

I wish it were an all over print or that the graphic appeared less rigidly. I could live without the shirt so I might just get the deluxe, but I do want that vinyl.

CRS

The deluxe is worth it on the music alone. Getting a download, 2 different LPs, the CD, and a remix cassette? Sign me up.

PBY

Banned
I wish it were an all over print or that the graphic appeared less rigidly. I could live without the shirt so I might just get the deluxe, but I do want that vinyl.
I'm getting the album and instrumentals on vinyl. That's it. All that extra shit ends up just being junk to me IMHO.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm getting the album and instrumentals on vinyl. That's it. All that extra shit ends up just being junk to me IMHO.
Almost always pre-order shit is complete garbage... Actually can't think of anything that I've pre-ordered was worth actually remembering and pre-ordering before a release date.

HiResDes

Fuck it, I copped it, CRS and Irish convinced me...If I don't use the extra stuff I'll just sell it. I mean this is Ghostface Killah we're talking about, a living legend, shit might be in high demand in a couple of years. I waited on that white XXX vinyl, and I'm not making that mistake again.

PBY

Banned
Fuck it, I copped it, CRS and Irish convinced me...If I don't use the extra stuff I'll just sell it. I mean this is Ghostface Killah we're talking about, a living legend, shit might be in high demand in a couple of years.
Lol nobody's gonna want that shit later on. But I feel u man, I copped the Glow in the Dark coffee table book when it dropped, I enjoyed it for what it was. Post a pic of the shit when it comes.

CRS

I buy physical copies of music when I really want to support the artist or am I big fan of. And the great thing about buying through Bandcamp is you know almost all of it is going to the artist. (I think. I'm pretty sure though.)

When I get my own place, it's going to be decked out in music shit. I already know. Not to the point where I'll get called a hoarder, but something like that comic would be awesome to have up on a bookshelf or hanging on a wall.

I actually find myself pre-ordering a lot. i would order something, forget I ever did, and get a surprise in the mail. It just happened to me the other day with My Bloody Valentine and Nujabes records. And I just pre-ordered Daft Punk's album too.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm glad that I'm not the only one about to jump on that $55 dollar special edition Ghostface tape.

And there's a Wolf out in the wild? I just want to listen to the full version of Bimmer.

Grzi

So Jay Electronica is coming to my country (Croatia) this summer for a music festival lol

Mos Def, Talib Kweli and Pharoahe Monch will also be there, could be interesting.
Anyone got experience with seeing these guys perform?

mooooose

I'm only like two songs into WOLF and in terms of the sounds of the synths and the mixing it's much much better but the problem is his schtick is way old. It's much better than any other OF release. I may never listen to this again but I think I'll like it more than the other stuff.

A big relief is the lyrics. They suck but at least he isn't complaining as much and everything.

I really like Cowboy's beat. It's actually really good. I'd rather this be an album of instrumentals.

Wow Awkward sucks. This shit is embarrassingly bad other than the beat which is ok.

Domo 23 goes hard over headphones actually and is so far the best overall song and clear single, for better or worse (it's for the worst). I think the best thing about this album is the mixing being so much better than any other OF release. Everything knocks and doesn't sound AS cheap.

OH MY GOD THE BEAT ON ANSWER. WHERE ARE THE INSTRUMENTALS. TYLER YOU SHOULDVE JUST SENT A BEAT TAPE TO PHARRELL.

Colossus is the only song on so far where the lyrics kept my attention and Tyler actually spoke from the heart. And Answer too. So two songs.

I am already exhausted by this album and I'm only half way done. So far Answer and Bimmer are the best songs. Cowboy was pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom