• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

So Jay Electronica is coming to my country (Croatia) this summer for a music festival lol

Mos Def, Talib Kweli and Pharoahe Monch will also be there, could be interesting.
Anyone got experience with seeing these guys perform?

mos, talib & monch were good when i saw them, but ask siddx, mos can get stupid/sing-y when high.

still, you're from croatia? i forgot if i knew that...that's one of my favorite european countries, man - zagreb and split were beautiful, plitvice is amazing. your place is awesome man.

mooooose

Wolf was ok. Tyler used up all the goodwill he had a long time ago and I only checked this out because of Bimmer and his "change in direction". And he did change his direction for like 5 songs on this album that is 20 songs long and goes through multiple parts of his career. On some songs he isn't particularly violent or talks about rape anymore but he never did that very much to begin with. Sonically, the album is the best OF release I've heard. Mixing is good, engineering is good, and the beats (at least half of them) are actually really good. They're the saving grace on the album. All the features are worthless besides Frank, Earl, and Domo, further proving how much the majority of OF sucks. And the "narrative" is convoluted and hard to follow. It's probably the most contrived and annoying story I've ever heard in a concept album (and I like The Mars Volta and Coheed).

This album would've been much better served if it was 10 tracks shorter and a collaboration between Tyler and Pharrell with features from Frank, Earl, and Domo. As it stands, Tyler has made some of the best songs in his career, with Cowboy, Answer, IFHY, Rusty, and Treehome. And I guess Colossus. I don't like the beat, but he spoke from the heart.

So yeah, I'd give it like a 3. Maybe a 4 if I just listened to the songs I liked. Those beats were great. If it was an instrumental tape of the songs I listed it'd be like a 6. Pharrell on those beats would be like a 8. Hahahah.

edit - I'd give the song Answer a 10/10. It's one of the best songs I've heard in awhile.

Grzi

mos, talib & monch were good when i saw them, but ask siddx, mos can get stupid/sing-y when high.

still, you're from croatia? i forgot if i knew that...that's one of my favorite european countries, man - zagreb and split were beautiful, plitvice is amazing. your place is awesome man.

Oh shit, you've been here? That's pretty cool.
I live in Zadar, that's relatively close to Plitvice and about a 3 hour drive Split.

The country is great if you're visiting, but living here is not something I'd recommend lol
The economy is in ruins, I know it's like that almost everywhere nowadays but it's especially depressing here, so I'm thinking of moving someplace else as soon as I get my masters degree.
Problem is my degree isn't really going to help me find any jobs though. :)

Detox

thabiz what's going on?
tech-n9ne-something-else-deluxe.jpg

saddest thing about OF is that they (or the ringleaders) are talented enough to make an off-the-wall posse record but they can't seem to mature enough to do that. Earl is the only one who seems to have something important to say, and that's why I'm still p invested in his next album

wolf is p much what I was expecting, except I'm liking a few of the beats a lot. His production skills have gotten much better.

thabiz

saddest thing about OF is that they (or the ringleaders) are talented enough to make an off-the-wall posse record but they can't seem to mature enough to do that. Earl is the only one who seems to have something important to say, and that's why I'm still p invested in his next album

wolf is p much what I was expecting, except I'm liking a few of the beats a lot. His production skills have gotten much better.

this is my problem with tyler. hes too immature to be taken seriously.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cross-posting:

Kanye's camp confirms new track, NOT ALBUM TITLE, is I am(A) GOD; is a reference to Psalm 82.
“We would never be so presumptuous or sacrilegious to call ourselves the supreme being,” the source said. While everyone will have to wait for the actual song to parse the specifics of the song’s message, the source hinted that the idea was generally that all people are manifestations of a higher power.

Also:
@malikyusef
@TeamKanyeChi its "I am(A) GOD" FAMO #psalms 82

Power part II plz.

codhand

wow, that is terrible

only listened to the rza part, but jeesus...

no wonder we dont get a wu album, between his live beat demonstrations and james blake cameos, rza stay paid.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sounds like it would be more Jesus Walks Part II, at least content-wise.
Sounds more empowering than Jesus Walks was, but yeah could have similar content.

Y'all don't know how excited I am songs like this exist and Yeezy is still doing thematic albums. I hope he scraps Perfect bitch too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Naw shit will be even more orchestral. THIS SHIT SOUND LIKE GAWD DONT IT music
I been saying this forever man, Yeezy needs to bring back the strings in his instrumentals. I don't give a fuck if it has animal sounds, I want more string samples/compositions.

Would take kingdom music into the stratosphere.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
LOL bet y'all didn't know Macklemore spit the hottest verse of all time. Go check out the quarterly Renegade is a good song thread.

Grzi

Started listening to The Nacirema Dream...
The first track has a beat that sounds like it could be on Cam'ron's first album. It brings me back, but I'm not sure if it's a good thing. The rapping is boring as fuck though.

It actually does sound pretty similar to 357 lol

Grzi

He sampled Lloyd Banks for a chorus lol
But yeah, these beats wouldn't be out of place on a mediocre Def Jam release from the late nineties. You can tell Papoose Da God has been stuck in time.

Grzi

Wow, he has a track where he rhymes from the perspective of cancer. The disease not the crab. Featuring Erykah Badu. Oh man...

Jitters

There are some pretty good tracks on Wolf. Some very silly lines, but thats just his sense of humor. Some really cool beats too.

Pharrell might be on the new Daft Punk album.

Detox

Dope T.I mix, Ace. There were some songs I'd have liked on it like Stand Up, Swagger Like Us, Bang and I got money. Thinking about it there's a lot more songs you could have fit in there and the mix was already long. T.I. probably has one of the best discography's in hiphop period, he is in serious contention for a top 10 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom