• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Dollarz

Ignorant 36 is the best ignorant mix yet. Omg... the last 30 mins were perfect

Big Pimpin came on and from there on out the whole place was on our feet wildin out. Epic.

IrishNinja

Agree. I went through a conscious rap-fuck-mainstream-shit phase til I realized that mainstream stuff has value to it, and sometimes there is a reason why underground shit stays underground.

i know we've talked about it but it's still so hard to picture you at this point...its like if i could go back and catch eschas on some nu-metal talmbout "this is where hip hop is going, for real"

Pilot Talk by Curren$y is a modern classic. It will change your mind about modern hip hop

i need a few more years with it personally but its a contender, and i can see why ya'll co-sign..it's the kinda weed rap i think people who dont even toke can enjoy

Word. You ever listen to MOTM?

i forget ya'll newjakcs can give half an album classic-status, that's pretty weird but it does open up a lotta great cube/pac/etc albums to the term..i mean, if i can dump a disc off a double album, that really helps

yeah man, it's up there with Pink Friday for me

classik

i feel you enzos, it's no Thriller MBDTWTF

Oh and in the club this weekend, no hip hop getting played, DJ plays the Foreigner song

for real, im not usually one to just shit on things for being popular, but that fixation needs to end...what passes for a bar near here, you got herbs that wanna put that on the jukebox 3 fuckin times and singalong like it's fuckin bohemiam rhapsody after wayne's world...why can't you squares move onto some ill shit like coming in the air tonight or something i can co-sign already

but yeah, that must've been a nice transition nonetheless

Yo dude, look above, you missed a chance to shit on MOTM.

dont worry maccas, he tagged out

Jedi Mind Tricks is the best rapper of all time!

this (possibly interchangable with immortal techniques/def jux type shit) has been, in my experience, the calling card of someone fascinated with hip hop culture but cant really give a fuckabout the medium

i mean, i get it - i play fighting games casual as fuck. i have friends who rank & play shit on pro level and i love watching that, and ill go buy an arcade stick and talk about all kindsa things but then i go play some earth defense force with it, cause i aint bout that life, i just like observing/interacting with it

but the minute i start telling people which version of tekken/VF/etc is the most balanced thing ever based on that one Evo i watched with chun li getting parried all day, someone should prolly go upside my head

We are driving through a based car tunnel. The top is down and lanes clear.

i can't retweet you here, tokus

DominoKid

no wonder rapper mixtapes are tagged so poorly. they don't even tag their own shit right

iS8y5kOxJrWAS.png

meek mill - dreamchasers 3

thabiz

Never take anything in life for granted. Shit can turn on a dime. Past becomes irrelevant. Future becomes a necessity.

Tell your mom you love her tonight. Hug your best friend. Puff a L with your homies. Let someone know that your happy to be on this earth. Please.

And FUCK the damn thread title. The man spoke the truth.

Life's a bitch and then you die; that's why we get high
Cause you never know when you're gonna go

T Dollarz

I listen to a lot of hip hop every day, but when it really comes down to it, there is Illmatic, and then there is everything else. It's just on another level to me.

T Dollarz

My 2013 rotation:

A$ap Rocky - Long.Live.A$ap
Curren$y - New Jet City
suicideyear - REMIXESS
Inspectah Deck and 7L & Esoteric - Czarface
Planet Asia & Gensu Dean - Abrasions
Ill Bill - The Grimy Awards
FRIENDZONE - Kuchibiru Network 3

Haven't gone back to Rocky in about a month tho. The others are regulars.

thabiz

My 2013 rotation:

A$ap Rocky - Long.Live.A$ap
Curren$y - New Jet City
suicideyear - REMIXESS
Inspectah Deck and 7L & Esoteric - Czarface
Planet Asia & Gensu Dean - Abrasions
Ill Bill - The Grimy Awards
FRIENDZONE - Kuchibiru Network 3

Haven't gone back to Rocky in about a month tho. The others are regulars.

No Jeremiah Jae. No Kool Keith. No Raekwon.

I would also highly recommend Vulkan the Krusader - V.

IrishNinja

yeah, i suspect Curren$y, Czarface & what ive heard off this friendzone will stay in rotation, awesome start to the year so far. still gotta get on that Asia, should check out the others too...again tho A$AP didn't last the 2nd playthrough for me, which sucked given how much i loved Goldie and Peso

edit wait biz remind me what Keith & Rae did this year so far

thabiz

yeah, i suspect Curren$y, Czarface & what ive heard off this friendzone will stay in rotation, awesome start to the year so far. still gotta get on that Asia, should check out the others too...again tho A$AP didn't last the 2nd playthrough for me, which sucked given how much i loved Goldie and Peso

edit wait biz remind me what Keith & Rae did this year so far

2156791639-1.jpg

Total Orgasm 2

Raekwon-Lost-Jewelry-300x300.jpg

Lost Jewlry EP

HiResDes

The new Marci is just a remix EP, but its fucking ill.

I've been listening to Jonwayne's Cassette nonstop in the car, has to be my second favorite EP from last year easily.

...If you haven't listened to it, you definitely should.

Edit: Thabiz I didn't know you were going through some shit, whatever is I'm also sending all of my positive chakra your way.

SwagJesus

Banned
GFID was AOTY worthy. If you listen to that whole album and think otherwise, You need some help. This album has a song for every mood I'm in.

Also Self Made vol. 2 > Cruel Winter. MMG stepped it up big time.

PBY

Banned
GFID was AOTY worthy. If you listen to that whole album and think otherwise, You need some help. This album has a song for every mood I'm in.

I didnt love GFID- but I could see how you might like it with the right mindset. Beats just sounded...rich.

GFID is weak as shit and it looks even worse when dude released Teflon Don before that.

But, I still have faith in Ross. It feels weird saying that because I was a hater way back when...

Detox

Been listening to its tha world and it's doper than I thought. Knob broke is really good, and get right is one of Jeezy's best. I'll give it 8/10.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Like Ross a lot and think this post is maybe the stupidest thing I read tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom