• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1364877158-h.jpg

reposting cuz i dont understand why people didnt care about this

can u buy the shirt individually?

SadAli

Neo Member
I picked it up today like I said I would after work. It was the last copy they had. I got it for $10. I mean its a classic album from Jeezy from what I hear and it deserves a spot in my CD collection. So I copped it. I'm uploading it to iTunes now and will give it a listen in a few.

I liked 103 but it seems water downed to mainstream in comparison to what I was hearing in the videos I quoted on the last page. It seems Jeezy goes in on the 101 album than 103.

Yeah I like 103 and have time for all his studio albums but 101 is still his true classic in my opinion. Set a benchmark there that's pretty hard to live up to.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Personally the Recession is my favorite album by Jeezy..

SadAli

Neo Member
I can see that - still get a fair bit of play out of some of the tracks on there and undoubtedly the one I return to the most so probably my actual favourite. Just see 101 as the album that defined a style. Looking at his discography even his disappointing albums are far from write offs, not to mention some of the older mixtapes...

Blackace

I can see that - still get a fair bit of play out of some of the tracks on there and undoubtedly the one I return to the most so probably my actual favourite. Just see 101 as the album that defined a style. Looking at his discography even his disappointing albums are far from write offs, not to mention some of the older mixtapes...

Jeezy does his thing, but he really defined his style later in his career rather than early imo

Detox

Jeezy's discography is very strong and he isn't showing any signs of getting worse. When it's all said and done he will cement his position in the top 10 of all time. Personally he is my 2nd favourite.

Blackace

Jeezy's discography is very strong and he isn't showing any signs of getting worse. When it's all said and done he will cement his position in the top 10 of all time. Personally he is my 2nd favourite.

How would that list play out?

Detox

I meant he would be a definite candidate, I bet y'all laughing at me putting him in there but soon he would be 'acceptable' in the list along with the other usual faces that appear in such lists.

Ever since I discovered Jeezy last year, the numbers are low (my jailbroken ipod struggles to scrobble) the proportion is probably correct.
tKsJVsy.png

Blackace

I meant he would be a definite candidate, I bet y'all laughing at me putting him in there but soon he would be 'acceptable' in the list along with the other usual faces that appear in such lists.

wha?

Ever since I discovered Jeezy last year, the numbers are low (my jailbroken ipod struggles to scrobble) the proportion is probably correct.
tKsJVsy.png
Nah, I am moreso laughing cause before you got into Jeezy I would have never predicted you'll like him this much

Detox

I know the realness factor is a joke in hiphop and doesn't mean much but that is where Jeezy scores big points. It's hard to explain because you can't just look at his lyrics/concepts its so much more than that, it's the way he puts together the whole package. In Get Right he starts with
Everybody switching up sides who can you trust
Believe what you wanna believe what's to discuss
Young the type of ninja that throw you the whip and ride the bus
And still give a ninja my last, enough is enough

I actually believe him when he says that, I don't know why but I do. I really need to see him live and experience it with like minded people.

Tguy you're right when I joined gaf-hop I was in full backpacker mode maybe it was because of my age but I was basically listening to KRS, Immortal Tech, CunninLynguists etc. When blackace started the ignorant mixes and people just discussed other songs it opened my ears to other movements especially in the south. I started listening to Jeezy because kams had TM103 as his number 1 of the year iirc and so I just thought I would get to know an artist who doesn't get much play in the UK.

thabiz

people hated nard when he was on MuchMusic. Bands never knew what to make of him. Was constantly made fun of and given a hard time back then.

biggest dicks to nardwuar:

Blur by far
Busta rhymes
Kid cootie
Nas
big sean
henry rollins obviously
sonic youth
travis barker

big krit, currensy, waka & killer mike were the nicest. that southern hospitality
Busta wasn't really a dick to Nardwuar from what I remember.

Lydia Lunch was a bitch to him, though. That was an uncomfortable interview.

Cudi was a dick, though. It's funny because that was my first Nardwuar interview and I too thought that Nardwuar was real annoying but it wasn't until later that I fell in love with dude.

Gucci is one of the realest...
Seriously. Dude may have silly tattoos but I wouldn't be caught dead messing around with him.

Detox

I won't front on Gucci's authenticity but I just don't feel his music. Jeezy realised that whatever made him tick and push rocks is when it comes down to it something that is innate in all of us. On Real is back he has a skit with Drama where he says I started doing this for me and ninjas like me and you know why I still do it me and ninjas like me. I don't take that to mean hustlers I take it as people grinding in whatever situation life has put them in. He brings an inexplicable quality to his songs that make me feel good and keep my head up no matter the circumstances I find myself in.

Was mad inspired hanging out with my DJ fam (DJ KAZUKI we did Black N Yellow together Siddx knows him) Just was chopping shop and I realized I never did an RIP for Nate Dogg.. I think I refused to believe he was gone..... So I put it together today, and all I can say is it messed with me... Really has no artist's death touched me like him.. I can't explain it, because really the guy was pretty much ALWAYS dope, and had a sound that make even the wackest songs just ill... No offense to Pac or Biggie or L or anyone else but he was that guy for me..

anyways... peep it if you can

http://acemixes.com/Mixes/natedogg.mp3

Definitely checking this out. Nate is and always will be king of the hook.

Cant say how much better that Kush song Dre and Snoop put out a year or two wouldve been with Nate doing the hook.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

tKsJVsy.png

I know politics have to be involved but Def Jam should show Jeezy and Fab more support than they do Ross. Both those guys have put out a lot of good stuff that holds up.

Blackace

I guess they talk what the people want to hear...?

Still a stretch.

they both use the word thug

Definitely checking this out. Nate is and always will be king of the hook.

Cant say how much better that Kush song Dre and Snoop put out a year or two wouldve been with Nate doing the hook.

We went from Nate Dogg, R.Kelly, and even T-Pain to French Montana and Future for hooks..

Esch

Banned
How you came to a relation between Pac and Jeezy is the oddest thing
i always saw them as being kinda relateable. evocative style of delivery that is relatively simple/monotonous but able to address many subjects with success. and some of the subject matter. obviously jeezy doesnt have Pacs soul or production but i could see how people could be fans of both

Fjordson

Is Nah Nah or High Come Down on the Nate Dogg mix? Those two have always been among my favourite Nate Dogg hooks for some reason. High Come Down is especially random since I literally know nothing about Chico & Coolwadda other than that song :lol

Detox

I know politics have to be involved but Def Jam should show Jeezy and Fab more support than they do Ross. Both those guys have put out a lot of good stuff that holds up.
Jeezy is Senior VP of A&R at Atlantic so as soon as his deal is up he is leaving. Jeezy got his own movement so he'll be fine with his album. Fab definitely needs his label to support him whenever he decides to release his album.

i always saw them as being kinda relateable. evocative style of delivery that is relatively simple/monotonous but able to address many subjects with success. and some of the subject matter. obviously jeezy doesnt have Pacs soul or production but i could see how people could be fans of both
One of the reasons why I think Pac's music will live longer than Big's.

Blackace

Pac was far from simple monotonous... And Jeezy's production is on par with everything Pac had done except All Eyez on Me which had insane production...

Subject matter actually isn't really close to one another.. Pac talked about the problems in the streets and vengeance and Jeezy mostly talks about breaking bricks down and being the problem.. Jeezy is more like Master P version 6 now with rapping skills (I like P so don't get offended)

Is Nah Nah or High Come Down on the Nate Dogg mix? Those two have always been among my favourite Nate Dogg hooks for some reason. High Come Down is especially random since I literally know nothing about Chico & Coolwadda other than that song :lol

Nah Nah is on there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom