• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
are there any guys that think what he said was bad? its just hardcore feminists finding shit to be upset at

the weeknd makes a career talking about date rape
i mean its definitely a scust line but its rap man. apologizing for your raps is stupid

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I apologize for always dropping and asking for music but I'm going on a four hour trip and I need songs like Bandz A Make Her Dance and I'm Different. I'm trying to annoy the people with me but at least enjoy the song myself.
All Gold Everything - Trinidad James

Hit Em up - Tyga

RIP - Jeezy

Bugati - Ace Hood

Columbia - Young Scooter (remix is the best)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
are there any guys that think what he said was bad? its just hardcore feminists finding shit to be upset at

You think the line wasn't bad?

Of course whether it should be a controversy is up in the air, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing good about the line.

listening to the Killah Priest album...wow, totally didn't expect this. Dope beats, lots of nice bass, dope mystic rhymes.

Best Ghost verse I've heard in like two years

When a rappers whole persona is split across killing, hating, and raping women (em), then it is looked past.

But when a rapper whose subject matter doesn't address the matters and then he says oh I drugged and raped her (yes implied but still) there is bound to be a problem.

Let me ask you this since you think I'm a hardcore feminist. If I was speaking with your mother and drugged her drink then took her home and had my fun. Would you have a problem with it then?

DominoKid

When a rappers whole persona is split across killing, hating, and raping women (em), then it is looked past.

But when a rapper whose subject matter doesn't address the matters and then he says oh I drugged and raped her (yes implied but still) there is bound to be a problem.

Let me ask you this since you think I'm a hardcore feminist. If I was speaking with your mother and drugged her drink then took her home and had my fun. Would you have a problem with it then?

these things work better when there's no connection.

cacophony

what the fuck are you talking about.. so a rapper can rap about rape and killing as long as he does it a lot?

so I guess you believe Ross when he says he catches bodies too?

The funny thing about Ross is that this ninja is the oldest "mainstream" rapper and he's rapping like he's 18. Since when is drugging bitches and raping them thug shit? That's what's hot in the streets? That's how bosses do it? I thought women fell over themselves to fuck bosses...

Dude is a joke. I like how he's trying to act like he was misinterpreted, as if he's some super lyrical witty muthafucka. Nah it's pretty clear what he was saying lol. I'm not mad of course, I just think it's pathetic and I wouldn't be surprised if he lost some endorsements.

IMO Ross' popularity is about to plummet, regardless of this. He's been remaking the same two songs for three years and women aren't really checking for him; plus 2Chainz took his spot. GFID was supposed to be a huge album for him but it was kind of a big disappointment: it was pushed back multiple times, didn't have a hit single (or even a hit club/street track), and barely went gold. Meanwhile Jeezy went gold pretty effortlessly despite pushbacks and not having a hit song either.

Dude is a joke. I like how he's trying to act like he was misinterpreted, as if he's some super lyrical witty muthafucka. Nah it's pretty clear what he was saying lol. I'm not mad of course, I just think it's pathetic
Yeah, haha, that's what I was saying earlier. Listening to him try to clear the air on what his lines meant is just hilarious.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It's real stupid he is catching so much shit for it

He has killed over 10,000 men in song and somehow that's ok

It just seems like they were out to get Ross, cause lines like that pass literally all the time.
Shit even last week NORE had one in The Problem at the end of the third verse:

"(Lawwwdd) Mascato with the peach mix
(Lawwwdd) I'm just rollin with some freak chicks
(Lawwwdd) here the drinks come spiked, prefixed"

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The funny thing about Ross is that this ninja is the oldest "mainstream" rapper and he's rapping like he's 18. Since when is drugging bitches and raping them thug shit? That's what's hot in the streets? That's how bosses do it? I thought women fell over themselves to fuck bosses...

Dude is a joke. I like how he's trying to act like he was misinterpreted, as if he's some super lyrical witty muthafucka. Nah it's pretty clear what he was saying lol. I'm not mad of course, I just think it's pathetic and I wouldn't be surprised if he lost some endorsements.

IMO Ross' popularity is about to plummet, regardless of this. He's been remaking the same two songs for three years and women aren't really checking for him; plus 2Chainz took his spot. GFID was supposed to be a huge album for him but it was kind of a big disappointment: it was pushed back multiple times, didn't have a hit single (or even a hit club/street track), and barely went gold. Meanwhile Jeezy went gold pretty effortlessly despite pushbacks and not having a hit song either.

With you on everything except how "barely going gold" is a bad thing. That's still really fucking good in this climate. But unless he has another BMF in him (he don't) it won't happen again.

Also, to whoever is saying Em never caught shit for his lyrics...lol. Pick an article, any article from 1999-2008 on the guy. Until Ross has senator hearings to condem his lyrics, you may want to rethink revising history on that front

Esch

Banned
The only ones from my OG XCOM squad thats survived are Toku (forgot to save after you died lol) and Siddx. Complex shadow also doing pretty well, but she ain't been around that long. I kinda feel like renaming some of my current randos after you guys

Kwixotik

I might be going to see Wale next week. Is it worth it for $40? I'm not even a big Wale fan, but I've never been to a rap show so...

Kwixotik

540703_510542752336637_622237900_n.jpg

Q lookin like my grandma

Tokubetsu

The only ones from my OG XCOM squad thats survived are Toku (forgot to save after you died lol) and Siddx. Complex shadow also doing pretty well, but she ain't been around that long. I kinda feel like renaming some of my current randos after you guys

Even in death, I live.

CVLT

†

iavi

Mac and Devin go to highschool might be the shittiest movie I've ever seen. Watched the whole thing last night. It was also kinda fun, though. Very self-aware of its shitness.

Khalifa need never act again, though.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

you need some zeus in your life bruh

Mac and Devin go to highschool might be the shittiest movie I've ever seen. Watched the whole thing last night. It was also kinda fun, though. Very self-aware of its shitness.

Khalifa need never act again, though.

well...while the movie is shitty, it has some informative weed information....

Alex cross is actually the shittiest movie you will ever see. Seriously.

iavi

well...while the movie is shitty, it has some informative weed information....

Alex cross is actually the shittiest movie you will ever see. Seriously.

Haha, the weed education actually was mad informative. Explained a few things not even I knew.

Alex Cross just looks shitty. Ain't nobody got time for Perry not playing Madea. Ain't nobody got time for him then either.

With you on everything except how "barely going gold" is a bad thing. That's still really fucking good in this climate. But unless he has another BMF in him (he don't) it won't happen again.

Also, to whoever is saying Em never caught shit for his lyrics...lol. Pick an article, any article from 1999-2008 on the guy. Until Ross has senator hearings to condem his lyrics, you may want to rethink revising history on that front

I would argue barely going gold was bad for Ross. For most other rappers it's a great thing, but GFID was supposed to be his crowning moment and it did worse than Teflon Don in nearly every way - worse reviews, fewer hits, less impact on the music scene, etc. Ross has always been a secondary rapper: not a top tier guy who is going to sell regardless (Wayne, Drake, Eminem, Kanye, etc), but not a lower tier rapper who is going to sell 200-300k albums and disappear even if he has a hit record (Fab, BoB, Game, etc). He was at the top of the second tier guys, looking to break into that bigger spot or at least come close. GFID tells me that he's on the descent of his career and will never reach Teflon Don status again, no matter how many songs he does with Wayne/Drake/etc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would argue barely going gold was bad for Ross. For most other rappers it's a great thing, but GFID was supposed to be his crowning moment and it did worse than Teflon Don in nearly every way - worse reviews, fewer hits, less impact on the music scene, etc. Ross has always been a secondary rapper: not a top tier guy who is going to sell regardless (Wayne, Drake, Eminem, Kanye, etc), but not a lower tier rapper who is going to sell 200-300k albums and disappear even if he has a hit record (Fab, BoB, Game, etc). He was at the top of the second tier guys, looking to break into that bigger spot or at least come close. GFID tells me that he's on the descent of his career and will never reach Teflon Don status again, no matter how many songs he does with Wayne/Drake/etc.
That's quite a lot to infer from one album. Especially when the preceding mixtape set the world on fire. A simple swap of a few songs between the two could have changed this.

Tokubetsu

I still think the track he did with Kelly Rowland on the mixtape coulda be huge. It's such a pop track and he shot it in the back of the head and throw it into the water. You could say that with a lot of tracks on that tape though. King of Diamonds is *literally* a club/stripper anthem and it got a lot of play in Miami but he never pushed it anywhere else...at all.

It's like he had budget for one good album, blew most of it on his mixtape and instead of promoting and pushing the hot songs off it, decided he wanted to save to shoot videos for the lame songs on GFID

I was thinking of watching this recently for shits and giggles, but I'm glad that my assumption about the film was correct. :lol

thats the exact reason I watched it....the shits and giggles stop after about 10 minutes in...its so bad....I guess its worth seeing how bad it as...so at least you have a better barometer of what shitty and good and great is.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Going gold may be indicative of a career on the downside, but it's still not bad sales. Maybe 15 years ago when even shit albums were going platinum, but the game changed.

Just pulled up the song about the Ross date rape deal. I can say as someone who listens to a ton of this style music I would not have thought twice or taken offense.

I don't take the majority of things rappers (entertainers) say serious.

DominoKid

Just pulled up the song about the Ross date rape deal. I can say as someone who listens to a ton of this style music I would not have thought twice or taken offense.

I don't take the majority of things rappers (entertainers) say serious.

yeah i didn't even notice it at first and i chuckled when i realized it.

I still think the track he did with Kelly Rowland on the mixtape coulda be huge. It's such a pop track and he shot it in the back of the head and throw it into the water. You could say that with a lot of tracks on that tape though. King of Diamonds is *literally* a club/stripper anthem and it got a lot of play in Miami but he never pushed it anywhere else...at all.

It's like he had budget for one good album, blew most of it on his mixtape and instead of promoting and pushing the hot songs off it, decided he wanted to save to shoot videos for the lame songs on GFID

yeah i think we'd be talking about Ross in a much different light if the seizures never threw GFID off track. if Rich Forever was GFID, Ross would've been on that level. that was the peak of Ross hype.

yo so I am in fact going to this big boi/killer mike show... and I was actually wondering about hip-hop concert etiquette. I've only seen Kendrick Lamar (assigned seating, so that was pretty relaxed) and A$AP/Danny/ScHoolBoy (a little too wild for me). I've been to a ton of band/solo artist shows which are usually p restrained. What do you guys think this show will be like?

Detox

yo so I am in fact going to this big boi/killer mike show... and I was actually wondering about hip-hop concert etiquette. I've only seen Kendrick Lamar (assigned seating, so that was pretty relaxed) and A$AP/Danny/ScHoolBoy (a little too wild for me). I've been to a ton of band/solo artist shows which are usually p restrained. What do you guys think this show will be like?
Hands in the air, jumping up and down and singing along is pretty much all hiphop concerts.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I remember when folks were talking like King Of Diamonds was the song of the year for the supposed mixtape of the year in January.

drake_laughing.gif

Esch

Banned
for real tho rich forever dragged on way too long. fuck you think i wanna listen to 22 tracks of rick ross for? i dont really remember much off that tape besides triple beam tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom