• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
That Jay track isn't really a track to be dissected/replayed. Its more like a response to all the recent controversy, he only recorded it last night. Just like the track he did after the birth of his daughter. Jay doesn't release statements, he just speaks over beats.

Still a bad song, but it needs the context- it isnt like a single or anything

Detox

The track with his daughter was awful and it was planned well in advance. Pharrell was asked to prepare a beat and they figured out the duration she was required to be on, to be listed as a feature. Just like that this was a planned move by Jay, you can call it an old-school freestyle response to beef but at the end of the day it sucks.

The track with his daughter was awful and it was planned well in advance. Pharrell was asked to prepare a beat and they figured out the duration she was required to be on, to be listed as a feature. Just like that this was a planned move by Jay, you can call it an old-school freestyle response to beef but at the end of the day it sucks.

Its almost like your a Nas stan or something...

PBY

Banned

Oh I'm not saying this one wasn't planned or had thought put in- look at who produced. Just saying that hes not trying to make a great "song"; instead, its just a vehicle for him to set out his thoughts.

Still not good.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
How dare you compare UGK to Budden, KRIT, or Joey Bada$$. I'm the closest to offended i've ever been in this topic.

don't be so dramatic man I not saying skill wise i am saying career wise as where they are now. None of the acts I mentioned get major burn outside of their dedicated fanbases and deep rap fans.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yeah brehs so i had a lot of driving today and I thought I'd throw on the classic Blueprint, been a long time since I listened to Hov, maybe his recent shit made me put him on mental ignore. Anyway, I realized that this album is straight magic bros. Shit is wonderful. I forgot how damn good the production on this was, how easily Hov flows from song to song. It doesn't reach out and grab you like some other classics do. Shit just compliments life bros. I could pretty much listen to this album in any situation all the way through. Even stuff like Takeover, a diss song, is laid back, casual, and easy to rock to. That's why Hov is so incredible brehs. His classics are like a nice glass of scotch and a room with a view. Not some super overpriced 17 year old scotch, but like a good solid ardbeg i can sit back and enjoy while ruminating over the moments of life. Sometimes you sip it, sometimes you gulp it.

Ultimate BBQ album.

xk0gxrrus6.gif

For the vinyl heads out there:

...Is now back in print.

I'm supposed to be cutting back on my vinyl purchases.... FFUUUUUUCCKKKK

I hope Wu is off the live instrument production, whether it's Black Keys, BBNG or Adrian Younge the shit just doesn't bang like it should do.
I want my cheap, dirty, dusty shit back.

or for RZA to go into the 8 Diagrams zone

They better not release some dusty lupe shit on us with this album title

A%20Better%20Tomorrow%2002.jpg

Nah. If anything the title has me picturing gutter shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
CuDi talks a bunch of things:
- CuDi didn't find a lot of tracks on Cruel Summer was fit for his style and that's why he was only on one record. On Mercy: "This record is raw, but I wouldn't want to hear CuDi on it."
- Talks Kanye's reaction to him leaving
- CuDi asked Kanye if he could take the G.O.O.D. Music logo off of his future albums
- First 200k Indicud albums (confirmed that's how much he's shipping I guess) will have the G.O.O.D. Music logo on it, rest won't.

White House gets asked about Jay's lines in Open Letter. Holy shit you guys have to watch this.

Ab-Soul XXL Freshman freestyle. This is the worst out of all of them so far, holy shit. Ab-Soul, how are you gonna let Travis Scott drop a better verse than you and you're supposed to be the lyricist? This is embarrassing.

mooooose

It sounds like Ye wasn't giving Cudi attention and he got mad and took his ball and went home, honestly. It sounds like Ye went from backpacking to trapping and Cudi got left behind.

ASAP Rocky killed his song on Incudidiidid or whatever.

PBY

Banned
It sounds like Ye wasn't giving Cudi attention and he got mad and took his ball and went home, honestly. It sounds like Ye went from backpacking to trapping and Cudi got left behind.

Yeah, ASAP had the 2nd best verse on the album

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

From all accounts, not really.

KiD CuDi became self-sufficient and has been rocking solo for a while, especially throughout his abuse issues. I think CuDi just wants that independent money and I bet the label doesn't want his ass much longer either. Not only that, but he wants to build his own brand now that he's made a footprint and King Chip is ever so slowly gaining ground.

Plus Kanye still fucks with Theolonius London and shit like that, Kanye really hasn't gone all trap if you've heard stuff outside of Mercy he's done recently.

Kanye seen Cudi wasn't shit so he had no problem letting him go.

Cudi is the dude in that meme posted a page or two ago that doesn't like modern music. Kanye was doing shit like Mercy so Cudi stormed off cause he didn't wanna rock with it.

Good riddance.

mooooose

From all accounts, not really.

KiD CuDi became self-sufficient and has been rocking solo for a while, especially throughout his abuse issues. I think CuDi just wants that independent money and I bet the label doesn't want his ass much longer either. Not only that, but he wants to build his own brand now that he's made a footprint and King Chip is ever so slowly gaining ground.

Plus Kanye still fucks with Theolonius London and shit like that, Kanye really hasn't gone all trap if you've heard stuff outside of Mercy he's done recently.

Are you stanning?

Kanye seen Cudi wasn't shit so he had no problem letting him go.

Cudi is the dude in that meme posted a page or two ago that doesn't like modern music. Kanye was doing shit like Mercy so Cudi stormed off cause he didn't wanna rock with it.

Good riddance.
lol

Cudi will do real well in the independent scene anyway. Although I would love to hear Cudi on more GOOD related stuff, I guess we'll see where this takes him.

mooooose

Just making an argument that has actual supports instead of blank conjectures, that's all.

I haven't stanned for CuDi in a long time, he's not exactly the most consistent.

Except you're wrong. Cudi would've been self sufficient without GOOD anyway, but he is quickly becoming irrelevant. Compare the hype for his next album (complete with dumb title and dumb album art) to MOTM2? There is no hype. He'll be lucky to sell 100k, probably more likely 80k. His fanbase in shrinking because they are growing up and he isn't relevant in any hypebeast scene any more. WZRD was a critical bomb and bad worth of mouth stopped it from selling more than peanuts after release (still, it was indie, he made his guap but at what long term cost?). The dude is a critical failure and his new album probably won't be taken lightly by critics either (though I think it's ok and I like the singles).

Chip isn't gaining jack fucking shit. Outside of knowing him through Cudi I have no idea who the fuck he is. No one gives a fuck about what boils down to Kid Cudi's hype man and no one will. If Cudi wanted to put him on, he'd stay on GOOD and get him involved on an actual platform.

And even if Ye does fuck with Theo London, what kind of back packer is he? He's a SoHo jacker loser whose most popular song is Big Spender, a typical rap song about Givenchy with ASAP Rocky (though a good song). The dude has his fingers in all sorts of fashion Ye admires (40oz van, Pyrex).

If Ye fucks with Theo London so much, why isn't he on GOOD? The same reason Cudi isn't.

I'm sure Ye and Cudi are fine and friendly, and GOOD has always been somewhat diverse, but Ye and his close crew of GOOD dudes (Pusha, Sean, Hitboy, Hudson) who are in the spotlight right now don't have a spot for Cudi. And I think Cudi is butt hurt over it.

All Cudi needs to do is sell 20k on his albums and tour for the rest of his life and he will eat but the dude is about to fade into irrelevance.

ps Theo London is horrible and a complete toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom