• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Sosa

Yep you know what time it is:

bVnYvMw.jpg

Time to go back in time?

Rittz album....It needed more tracks like "Like I Am" "Always Gon Be" and "Say No More" everything else is on skip. I can't listen to this guy on a whole album. He goes in the same on every track. Can't do it. Singing hooks don't go well with this guys flow. Switch lanes is one of the rare tracks were he actually goes in different....And then, a singing hook, SMH. This is the most undercover sounding mainstream album I ever heard, done badly. Drake, saves us all. Shit, this Rittz album has a Dub-Step break in "Mizery Loves Company" LOL. I think I even know Rittz Social Security number from how many times he mentions where he is from. Very disappointing record.

kamspy

That Ghostface is straight up depressing.

Listening to that for the first time as I read the news about Kobe really starts the weekend off with a wimper.

iavi

The production on this Kevin Gates album is large as fuck, but his singsong bullshit is horrible. I almost can't do this shit because of it.

coldvein

Banned
I fucked up brehs. I got my first misdemeanor for having an open container in my car. I was being stupid. And I'm not sure how to react to it.

pay your fine or whatever you have to do and carry on with your life? maybe consider not having drinks in your car while you're driving, going forward.

Macca

Yo Ace man, I might've said something similar before, but the start of the Summer mix was goddamn amazing. Shit just popped on so many levels. But towards the end man, it kinda got to "hip hop", if you understand.

Man, I'm not someone who doesn't appreciate hip hop. But for something that's gunna be pre balling music, I'd like something more like the first 20~ mins non stop. That shit was unbelievable and the transitions were unnoticeable. It slowed a little bit towards the end, and I can understand why you'd do that as a DJ, but if you're drinking before you go out you want hype all the time right? No slowing down, just pop songs all night.

Don't like to criticize man, but that's just my feels. I think the start was something that anyone with taste for pop music could fuck with, but the end it got a little to hip hop. The first half though, man. Unbelievable.

Love the idea, and want to hear more cause you nailed it on the first part.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
This came from a quick interview with Daft Punk w/ Rolling Stone:

While recording, Daft Punk found time in their schedules to jam with Kanye West for his next album. At their Paris studio, they laid down a combination of live and programmed drums while Kanye worked out rough vocals on the fly. "It was very raw: he was rapping – kind of screaming primally, actually," Thomas says. "Kanye doesn’t give a fuck," Guy-Manuel adds. "He’s a good friend." Director (and longtime Daft Punk compatriot) Michel Gondry says that Kanye recently played him "two songs" that sprang from the session. "One of them, I told him it sounded solid and powerful – I envisioned a cube when I heard it," Gondry says. "He told me, Chris Cunningham’s already directing the video!"

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Dat summer mix. Good looking.

EDIT: Also, that newish Rich Boy tape is pretty much perfect stupid music. Break the Pot is my shit

I've checked this thread a few times but never joined up because my taste differs pretty greatly from most of yours but whatever. Figure I may as well.

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep - Westcoast
Favorite Artist - I can't even name one. It's been too long since anyone has come with straight quality release after release.
Best feature killer - probably have to go with Kendrick Lamar on this one
Favorite album - toss up between Slim Shady LP, Trunk Muzik, God Loves Ugly, Ambitionz az a Writer (Horseshoe Gang)
What's in your playlist? - Dumbfoundead, Black Milk, Cudi, Childish Gambino, Slaughterhouse, Horseshoe Gang, Yelawolf, Rittz, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere.

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums: CD, 808s, MBDTF, LR, Graduation
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Mef
Optional: Raekwon vs. Ghostface = The Chef
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? Yes
Did you think Nas' next album was good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? I feel like he hasn't put out anything worth listening to in years.
Who won? Jay-Z or Nas? Despite Ether entering the lexicon.. i felt the takeover was a harder diss.
Pick a side in the Notorious B.I.G. and 2Pac discussion - Split on this. 2pac was the better artist while Biggie the better lyricist. Pac's joints just have this feeling to them though.
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? He's got his lane I suppose. Ain't my shit though.
Pick your favorite era of Eminem's music career - That quick spot in his career during the Benzino/Murder Inc beef. He was absolutely murderous at that point.

The tracks I've heard off that new Rittz sound dope. Definitely think I'm copping that day one. Strange is a good fit for him.

Esch

Banned
Rich Boy is still alive?

I dont get these old dusted rappers from the 00s and 90s trying to get back in the game. might as well just.... get an IT cert or something and try to get a real job.

You got 808 as 2nd favorite, I mean it's his best,but your answer is good enough so you are cool

CD takes first for me due to memories mostly. That was an album that the homies and I used to jam out to every weekend driving all over so cal from skatespot to skatespot.

thabiz

weather is shit. perfect day to jump into some XCOM.

any tips esch?

another gambino fan? his whole fan base must be in here now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
invest in power and science labs early.

have a B team for pick up missions and lower difficulty scale stuff, so you're not accidentally getting one of your best members killed by a lone alien with a lucky shot.

thabiz

so this is basically full spectrum warrior? was also really digging frozen synapse. this looks like a marriage of the two. i think today is going to disappear. lol.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
just play as conservatively as possible and take your time. running in head first would get frustrating really fast.

Which is why I stopped playing at one of the last rescue missions. The game is made to played thoughtfully, until they throw the Crystalids that are killing people off screen on turn one. Grrrr

Esch

Banned
weather is shit. perfect day to jump into some XCOM.

any tips esch?

DO NOT DASH ANYWHERE. Move within blue spaces, use cover to its fullest. Don't take unnecessary risks. Use larger forces against smaller ones, and attempt to isolate aliens whenever you can. After a while, you'll learn to anticipate paths where they can fire on you. Luck is indeed a big part of your success. If one of your guys is getting his ass kicked, then dont be afraid to dash him out of the way. Having to rebuild a full squad sucks cock, so keep that in mind. Be careful how you move on the map, because there is literally nothing worse than being caught in an even firefight, moving someone in a way you thought was clever, and accidentally alerting a full squad of Muton Elites with a Berserker to your position.

Satellites are your main economy. They are like the SCVs of the game. Invest in them, and Uplink facilities to maintain them frequently. Plan out your base smart. Engineers are something you need way more than scientists, in my opinion. Don't neglect airspace- have interceptors on every continent. Manage panic well, because when shit hits the fan, it does on a global scale. Level armor before weapons.

Esch

Banned
Which is why I stopped playing at one of the last rescue missions. The game is made to played thoughtfully, until they throw the Crystalids that are killing people off screen on turn one. Grrrr

Chrysalids on abduction missions are one of the most unfair things the game can throw on you. Its really just the random nature of the game that can fuck you up so completely lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom