• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

seeing TNGHT tonight

am I a bad person cuz I'll prob skip Roc Marciano, the opener?

P3kRr.gif

Roc isn't good live, I can't blame you. I love his music but a few YouTube glances at his live performance left me baffled. No one buys his music outside of a few folks like me, Toku, thabiz etc so you'd think he would be making money other ways - ie with a good live show. Nope. He's an exec for a record label now though, so he is making power moves.

SwagJesus

Banned
Happy Bday Esch do some coke for me. Except this time do a ridiculous amount and drink with it and go driving. Preferrably in some high mountain roads.

Joey honestly killed that track for me. Not sure if people thought he was dope on the song, but I couldn't make it past his verse. If he had the first verse I wouldn't have minded it, but hearing him right after Rae was just like wtf? He killed all the good vibes I was having about the song. He sounded so awkward

I feel like this is a recent thing with his verses too

At least that Black Thought and Joey Badass was dope...
I'm starting to think Raekwon is done. Same monotone flow no matter the beat, boring rhymes, no energy, meh. He's working hard and has taken advantage of twitter more than most 90s rappers, plus is making good money touring, but the music is just bland. I hope his next album is dope but I won't get my hopes up.

The first singles for his last album, Butter Knives and the title track, were so fucking dope but the rest of the album was meh. I don't get why these dudes can't find good production instead of this mixtape quality shit. Roc Marciano gets some amazing shit, and of course he produces amazing shit too; why not hit him up for some beats.

T Dollarz

It's been decided, with this week's paycheck I will start my vinyl collection. I will begin with my 3 favorite albums from my favorite rapper (provided I can find them online at a reasonable price): Ironman, Supreme Clientele, and FishScale. Can't wait to rock the Ghost-Face-Killahhhhhhh

Tokubetsu

It's been decided, with this week's paycheck I will start my vinyl collection. I will begin with my 3 favorite albums from my favorite rapper (provided I can find them online at a reasonable price): Ironman, Supreme Clientele, and FishScale. Can't wait to rock the Ghost-Face-Killahhhhhhh

Develop a drug habit instead.

OG Kush

How is Indicud terrible? Not a great album or anything but definitely some jams on there... Young Lady, King Wizard, Immortal, Girls, Red Eye, Beez, Brothers, Afterwards.
He sure knows how to write hooks.

How is Indicud terrible? Not a great album or anything but definitely some jams on there... Young Lady, King Wizard, Immortal, Girls, Red Eye, Beez, Brothers, Afterwards.
He sure knows how to write hooks.
I don't think the hooks are bad, but his verses are just unbearable to me. I just feel disgusted listening to him rap.Maybe this is how some people here felt about MotM1.

Esch

Banned
I don't think the hooks are bad, but his verses are just unbearable to me. I just feel disgusted listening to him rap.Maybe this is how some people here felt about MotM1.
kinda. when i listen to that shit its just an emotional facepalm.

Just looked up TNGHT. WTF who thought it was a good idea for Roc Marciano to open for that stuff? Seems like totally different demographics.

Honestly I think Cudi's issue is that he's working himself too much. Not that he's overworked but some people just can't keep putting out material at high levels consistently. He probably needs to just get away from the studio for a couple years and just live to get back to that MOTM1 level of material. Because since MOTM2 he's just been all over the place.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kirko Bangz XXL Freshmen Freestyle. Why the fuck am I even posting this, y'all know it's going to be horrible. How did this sucker even get on the list?

Honestly I think Cudi's issue is that he's working himself too much. Not that he's overworked but some people just can't keep putting out material at high levels consistently. He probably needs to just get away from the studio for a couple years and just live to get back to that MOTM1 level of material. Because since MOTM2 he's just been all over the place.
Well.. I don't think he's been overworking himself musically. Maybe through the TV shit he's just exhausted himself but he took a two year break inbetween MotM2 and WZRD and that clearly didn't help.

CuDi started falling off once he started moving away from his stable of producers and people who gave him guidance (Plain Pat, Emile, Jeff Bhasker, etc.) and tried to prove stupid shit that nobody cared for like his ability to make rock music and to be a producer. Along the way, shit in his life changed and the work just doesn't feel like it has the polish or the love put into it. All the songs on Indicud feel like they're almost there. It's either the vocals are lacking any sort of emotion or conviction or the production just strays too far from the rest of the song. He's trying to replicate what he did on the MotMs but it just isn't all there. Not only that, but were promised Ratatat tracks, etc. and never got 'em. The entire album is produced by Cudder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom