• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirko Bangz XXL Freshmen Freestyle. Why the fuck am I even posting this, y'all know it's going to be horrible. How did this sucker even get on the list?

Well.. I don't think he's been overworking himself musically. Maybe through the TV shit he's just exhausted himself but he took a two year break inbetween MotM2 and WZRD and that clearly didn't help.

CuDi started falling off once he started moving away from his stable of producers and people who gave him guidance (Plain Pat, Emile, Jeff Bhasker, etc.) and tried to prove stupid shit that nobody cared for like his ability to make rock music and to be a producer. Along the way, shit in his life changed and the work just doesn't feel like it has the polish or the love put into it. All the songs on Indicud feel like they're almost there. It's either the vocals are lacking any sort of emotion or conviction or the production just strays too far from the rest of the song. He's trying to replicate what he did on the MotMs but it just isn't all there. Not only that, but were promised Ratatat tracks, etc. and never got 'em. The entire album is produced by Cudder.

Was it really a 2 year break though? I remember him restarting projects multiple times and eventually shelving almost everything and going the rock route with WZRD. And the production seems like the clear weak point for Indicud. Everything is very similar and doesn't really resonate. I saw something that had said Cudi was going through a drepression during MOTM1 and 2 but the production on Indicud is far more depressing than anything on those two albums.

20130416-XVREMASTERED.jpg

XV Re-Released 4 of his mixtapes, all remastered and NoDJ.

I really like XV..when he was with Seven, so its going to be a treat to relisten to Everybody's Nobody with no dj.

Zero Heroes is still my favorite project by him.

Looks like these 4 mixtapes are my playlist for the rest of the day while playing injustice

Links Here

Kendrick PLS

Esch

Banned
YES! I just found this gag shirt my buddy made. It's got a monogram of anorexic liquid diet 50 cent on the front and on the back it says "Get Big or Die Trying" in gangsta cursive. Shit's my favorite.

Jitters

XV is boring to me. I remember someone on some other message board (a long time ago) recommended him because of all the nerdy things hes into, but I just couldn't get into it.

EDIT: Just want to say that that Thundercat track is just great. So smooth.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rick Ro$$, yeah. But he doesn't use that anymore.

Probably Ma$e is the argument you could make. Otherwise, the dollar sign is pretty much a mark of a wack artist. Trinidad Jame$, Curtain$, Curren$y, Ca$his, Too $hort etc.

Well I wouldn't say Too $hort is wack, but still.

DominoKid

Probably Ma$e is the argument you could make. Otherwise, the dollar sign is pretty much a mark of a wack artist. Trinidad Jame$, Curtain$, Curren$y, Ca$his, Too $hort etc.

nah he still does. it's on GFID and BBM.

M A dollar sign E

New Macklemore video
The beginning and end of this song is just straight Kanye lol

Ray Dalton is a goofy looking dude. I actually liked this song when they performed it on the Movie Awards. shit was hype. I'm still kinda blown at just how popular Macklemore is now.

damn. fuck a yacht i'd do my music videos on a pirate ship too.

macklemore definitely blew up. i like this song much more than thrift shop.

and because they're independent think of how much money they're making off these singles.

Well I wouldn't say Too $hort is wack, but still.

wat

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
George W. $mith

From city council, he ran in '93 Out in Oakland, you probably didn't hear about him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom