• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I like him..... and I really don't like hipsters, ironic huh...Oh God does that make me a hipster

Hipsters hate other hipsters more than nearly everything.

Also, today I heard a remix of Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe with Jay-Z. Kendrick's new verse was good, but Jay sucked the life from the track in a hurry

codhand

Gucci Mane, whose real name is Radric Davis, is accused of hitting a soldier in the head with a champagne bottle at Harlem Nights club on Courtland Street in Atlanta in March.

The victim told Channel 2 that Davis hit him in the head while he was trying to talk to a security guard.

“I’m in the military. I wanted to get a picture with Gucci Mane, is it OK?” the soldier said he asked the guard.

I hadn't actually read what happened. If accurate, wtf haha.

PBY

Banned
GUYZ

Gz5NGwp.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?tcbbsi8z402g4n1

THIS

IS

DOPE

Jay Sosa

ha! Listened to Pink Lavalamp just yesterday and was wondering what that crazy dude is up to. Was hoping he still makes music. thanks

Jitters

Who said Kanye will never have anything as good as GKMC? College Dropout and Late Registration better than GKMC, and I love GKMC. MBTF is probably equal with it.

PBY

Banned
ha! Listened to Pink Lavalamp just yesterday and was wondering what that crazy dude is up to. Was hoping he still makes music. thanks

He releases mixtapes that have generally been trash at random ass times. Supposedly (tho I swear I've heard this before), this is the Interscope album he recorded in 07, he just dropped it now. Which might explain why I'm so into it.

Jay Sosa

oh..well better than nothing. Thought he quit rapping and went insane after he was beat up by that girl.

And fucking finally my shift is over. Goodnight ladies and gentlemen =)

PBY

Banned
Kanye West is due back in the States next month, Page Six has exclusively learned, but it’s not necessarily to rush to the side of his very pregnant reality star girlfriend, Kim Kardashian. Sources tell us the rapper — who’s been working on a new album in France — will appear as musical guest on “SNL” on May 18. West’s been holed up in a palatial pad ever since Paris fashion week in February, leaving his baby mama alone to brave pregnancy and public scrutiny over her weight, maternity fashions and upcoming divorce trial with Kris Humphries. Sources tell us the rapper’s even pondering a permanent move to Paris. An NBC rep would only say the show hasn’t announced its lineup.
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/kanye_to_snl_NvAYZUSl20SNGj5CkwOOrK

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Blackace please mak a 70s funk/dance mix. earth wind and fire, george clinton, gap band, parliament type shit. would be dope.

Funny you should ask for that because I got a funk party to DJ next month
I know you've done a reggae mix before but a dub mix would be nice, king tubby, Lee Perrry etc.

Send me a PM with a list of artist my reggae is limited want to learn

Ace KILLIN it
Just trying to get somewhere

best of luck blackace
Appreciate it hopefully it will workout

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Every song I've heard off of that Flex tape has been trash. Not even worth posting individual cuts.

The mixing on that Q LOL

Also SMH @ Flex. "Got that app game on lock" fuckouttahere.

mooooose

Last Summer when I heard Jim Jones, Cam, and Wayne made a song called "Have You Ever Made Love to a Diplomat?" and it just needed the Juelz verse AND it would be the first single to the reunion album, I was very excited based on their pedigree and serious demeanor towards the song.

Then I heard it yesterday.

The Q would've been so good if it wasn't recorded on a cellphone and the beat had some polish. He definitely was on some Danny Brown shit on the chorus.

HiResDes

Charles Hamilton has always shown moments of brilliance and has three or four decent mixtapes, also Pink Lavalamp has been out in the internets for years now...

DominoKid

I wonder what else got put in the vaults from those Sean/C$/Wiz tracks. I know they have more than those 5 tracks they dropped. They should've pulled out something new for this instead of an old song.

relationship of command reissue on colored wax is my only "must" for rsd

Sorta glad tbh as I've spent an obscene amount of money on vinyl this year already.

DominoKid

I wish 42 had been out when Brooklyn We Go Hard first dropped. Shit would've been a hit. Now everybody bumping that joint like its some new shit lol.

PBY

Banned
My TNGHT review:

Roc Marciano: Opened for them. Have no idea how bad he sucked cuz we got there while he was still on and decided to not even go in and hit a nearby bar.

TNGHT: OH. LAWD.

Too hype, they played a bunch of new stuff, including WILD Cold and I Don't Like Remixes. They also dropped Bugatti and everyone went HAM.

Their new track Acrylics, worked great in the set btw, heres a vid of last night. Crowd was amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEGrU-aUdDA

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
relationship of command reissue on colored wax is my only "must" for rsd

Sorta glad tbh as I've spent an obscene amount of money on vinyl this year already.

I've been trying to make friends over at my local amoeba to get my hands on RoC... so far no such luck, but Im gunna try and get there earlier than most to get my hands on it.

mooooose

I kinda wish I saw TNGHT. I wish I had the money to go to shows. So many good shows this past month and this week alone. Q, Araabmuzik, TNGHT, Ratking, Terror and Alpha & Omega... :(

TNGHT are going to be the biggest things of 2013. Ye is going with that trap sound for his next album, without a doubt. I still stand by my statement that when we look back, Riff Raff will have put out an impression catalog of great songs in 2013 and will kill many features and be man of the year like Danny Brown was (and may be, he's Jody's competition).

codhand

The Aggrovators
King Tubby
Augustus Pablo
Scientist
Lee Perry

cosinecpsl7.gif

Would add

U-Roy
I-Roy
Big Youth
Max Romeo
The Congas
Dr. Alimantado
The Heptones
The Ethiopians
The Abyssinians
Burning Spear
Inner Circle
and more if you want

a few classics

41EZEETGRTL.jpg

The Congos - Heart of the Congos

and my personal favorite

Tons more examples, these just sprang to mind...

Also a lot of the Trojan box sets, particularly, the Producer and Dub boxsets are worth finding.

Sorry for going ham off topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom