• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwixotik

"Kendrick Lamar made a good album but I mean it's not really about anything. Swimming Pools is just about getting drunk or whatever and everything else is just like trying to make money."

-Guy in my roommate's History of Africa class when they were talking about politics in hip hop

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
"Kendrick Lamar made a good album but I mean it's not really about anything. Swimming Pools is just about getting drunk or whatever and everything else is just like trying to make money."

-Guy in my roommate's History of Africa class when they were talking about politics in hip hop

Punch him in his koofi

What else happened after that? Or is that all to the story

Kwixotik

What else happened after that? Or is that all to the story

That's all that's worth talking about. They were talking about African hip hop so the American stuff was just a tangent. My roommate thinks the song Power is about decentralized government though... Nobody contradicted the quote guy if that's what you're asking.

PBY

Banned
That's all that's worth talking about. They were talking about African hip hop so the American stuff was just a tangent. My roommate thinks the song Power is about decentralized government though... Nobody contradicted the quote guy if that's what you're asking.
Your friend is reading waaaay too much into that song. Power is about Kanye, it's a supremely personal song as is the rest of that album. He's basically exorcising his demons in song.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Because he is correct

But that's what most entertainers goals are

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"Gonna do as my boi kendrick says and dive into a pool full of liquor tonight !!!"

what I read on my twitter timeline every weekend
Pretty much.

Or POUR UP DRANK FADED DRANK FADED DRANK

Not much anymore recently though, so RIP Kendrick's career until he makes another jawnt like that I guess

Blackace

Sing About Me/Dying of Thirst is definitely not just about making money...2/3s of the album deals with deeper existential issues than you're suggesting.

2/3? Really? Nope not buying it

2 to 3 songs maybe and with a theme of growing up in LA and there

He isn't being recklessly destructive but he was reaching for mainstream success

And nothing wrong with that

DominoKid

So Afrika Bambataa is gay and possibly a date rapist.
The latter could be some sort of hit job on Bambataa for talking shit about WSHH & UOENO or something like that.

Tokubetsu

Depends on your definition of broken.

/Toku

We are all broken.

/Toku

The versatile are the ones broken into smaller pieces.

/Toku

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."

- Hemmingway (A Farewell to Arms)

Well too bad because Kendrick pretty much confirmed he will take his time to create his next album because he doesn't want to rush it. Besides dude has been teasing GKMC itself for like the past 4 years anyway

R3TRODYCE

Don't really know where to put this but I finally got around to listening to Janelle Monae's ArchAndroid and dear god where I have been!

CRS

fbJvQnt.jpg

Game of chess anyone?

Blackace

I wonder if Kendrick's next LP will be good. I'm worried he has said all he needs to say on GKMC, you know what I mean?

His next project should be a TDE project

But I have a feeling he will be getting way more features next time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom