• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

Clams x DOOM got an even more excited response out of me than the uncle rukus movie from the podcast.

This is a dream combination I never even had the intellect to think of.

This is amazing.

Sweet. What day and time works best for you?

Also,

Clams posted this.

7580ff3aac6711e294f522000a9f30b8_7.jpg

"New music w/ special guest"

Nah brehs, don't do this to me

ghost/apollo is crap.

whoa what. explain breh

The second half of the album is very dope; An Unexpected Call is one of the dopest beats of the year IMO.

Some tracks sound better on the original, but many are better on Brown's version to me. Enemies All Around Me, Revenge Is Sweet (sounds like a RZA beat), Blood on the Cobblestones...shit is dope.

Tokubetsu

whoa what. explain breh

The second half of the album is very dope; An Unexpected Call is one of the dopest beats of the year IMO.

Some tracks sound better on the original, but many are better on Brown's version to me. Enemies All Around Me, Revenge Is Sweet (sounds like a RZA beat), Blood on the Cobblestones...shit is dope.

I haven't listened to either but I'm not surprised. The one Apollo/Ghost track I heard sounded better than the three or so original versions I had heard.

The 00s are full of rappers/producers thinking just going with live instrumentation was gonna take their shit to some next level but just ends up falling flat most of the time. You can't just rap over live drums like you would some mpc shit. It doesn't work. There's an energy involved that few rappers can match. If you're not used to it, and if you're not recording everything together (this includes your vocals) then just don't even bother.

You listen to something like 75 bars:
http://youtu.be/5pcu6dbTb00

and then these ghost tracks and it's clear one of these rappers is out of their depth. Your presence, how you're spitting these bars become a lot more important when you throw on real drums and other instruments.

I haven't listened to either but I'm not surprised. The one Apollo/Ghost track I heard sounded better than the three or so original versions I had heard.

The 00s are full of rappers/producers thinking just going with live instrumentation was gonna take their shit to some next level but just ends up falling flat most of the time. You can't just rap over live drums like you would some mpc shit. It doesn't work. There's an energy involved that few rappers can match. If you're not used to it, and if you're not recording everything together (this includes your vocals) then just don't even bother.

You listen to something like 75 bars:
http://youtu.be/5pcu6dbTb00

and then these ghost tracks and it's clear one of these rappers is out of their depth. Your presence, how you're spitting these bars become a lot more important when you throw on real drums and other instruments.
Agreed 100%. I like the original 12 Reasons to Die more than I did on first listen but Ghost definitely sounds off. You have to have a certain mic presence and sense of rhythm to properly rock over live shit - especially live shit that switches up its rhythm constantly, as Younge does on the album.

PBY

Banned
GUYZ

Chelsea Gallardo
‏@ChelseaGallardo
Kanye is in the office playing new music... Kim is here too. Not too shabby, Wednesday...

kamspy

So who would win in a fight between Bun B and Juicy J?

They kinda both have the same career path, and they're both cagey veterans who probably know some squirelly sucker punch ghetto fighting shit. Tough call.

Bun's bigger, but I imagine Juice fights dirty. I could see him doing some eye gouging and maybe even fish hooking.

kamspy

I had so many create-a-character rappers in the first one.

Really wished the second had a create a character mode.

A new one would be dope. I wanna drop bombs on Lupe as French Montana

Esch

Banned
So who would win in a fight between Bun B and Juicy J?

They kinda both have the same career path, and they're both cagey veterans who probably know some squirelly sucker punch ghetto fighting shit. Tough call.

Bun's bigger, but I imagine Juice fights dirty. I could see him doing some eye gouging and maybe even fish hooking.
bun has like a 150lb weight advantage so unless juice is lowkey the black bob fitzsimmons hes losing.

better fight; DMX vs Mystikal.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
this is why we need a new Def Jam game!

preferably more like Vendetta. i'll even accept FFNY. not Icon though.

Def Jam games were the shit.......well the first two anyway

AKI had the most fun fighting mechanics

I had so many create-a-character rappers in the first one.

Really wished the second had a create a character mode.

A new one would be dope. I wanna drop bombs on Lupe as French Montana

I loved those games and both the story modes were great. Icon was just horrible man. It tried to hard and did nothing well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom