• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

That news was in some interviews Daft Punk did for their single dropping. Don't think it was confirmed what the extent of their work together was but that's pretty cool.

12 Reasons to Die is incredible. 6th listen in and this shit is fire. Ghost doesnt sound as fired as up as usual but I think he rides the production well.

Cant say the same for U-God... INS and Masta Killa came correct too.

Loving this album. Bout to take the Brown Tape for a spin tonight.

12 Reasons to Die is incredible. 6th listen in and this shit is fire. Ghost doesnt sound as fired as up as usual but I think he rides the production well.

Cant say the same for U-God... INS and Masta Killa came correct too.

Loving this album. Bout to take the Brown Tape for a spin tonight.
You can totally hear the aging of Ghost's voice in this, too. :(

It's the same in Apollo Kids. Different sounding voice than his other shit. Nothing really wrong with that at all since Ghost doesn't sound bad but still. It's just not as energetic as before.

So is my Wifey, V-Nasty

It's the same in Apollo Kids. Different sounding voice than his other shit. Nothing really wrong with that at all since Ghost doesn't sound bad but still. It's just not as energetic as before.
It's because he was not in the same studio with the producer. Adrian sent him a script and the beats. They didn't even speak on the phone. Everything went through his agent. Ghost still goes in. It always comes down to the production. Apollo Kids wasn't even that good in production. And the aging of Ghost voice has to tdo with he with the analog mixing Adrian loves to use. He has a fully pimped out analog studio in LA, and is the only one in the world.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Except 4. besides that beachhouse station in gay tony they almost all sucked.
The hip-hop station was godlike, with some great songs made just for GTA IV:

War is Necessary - Nas
Top Down - Swizz Beatz
Where's My Money - Busta Rhymes
Hip Hop (Remix) - Joell Ortiz ft. Saigon and Jadakiss (one of my favourite hip-hop songs ever in fact)

Reggae one IIRC was good too.

mooooose

Ghost has sounded older for awhile now. Regardless of how his vocals were recorded or mixed, in general, he definitely spits in a deeper tone.

I'm giving 12 Reasons to Die a listen now. I'm not expecting much honestly, and I love Ghost.

Ghost should be collaborating with Pete Rock, Doom, Statik Selektah, Alchemist, Madlib, Necro, Oh No. Even some crazy stuff like collaborating with Damon Albarn or something. He could be as good as DOOM if he wanted to put in the effort.

It's crazy to me now that I would consider Cappa the hardest spitter in Wu. Whenever he has a feature he puts 100% in.

Edit - 4 tracks in and it's Ghostface talking about the mafia and crime over boring live instrumentals YAWN. A competent album for pitchforkers to love, etc.

Ghost clearly brought out magic for his New God Flow verse. He hasn't done that in a long time before or since. He clearly doesn't give a fuck about this shit, it's just money. He doesn't feel the need to impress any one.

The hip-hop station was godlike, with some great songs made just for GTA IV:

War is Necessary - Nas
Top Down - Swizz Beatz
Where's My Money - Busta Rhymes
Hip Hop (Remix) - Joell Ortiz ft. Saigon and Jadakiss (one of my favourite hip-hop songs ever in fact)

Yes. That was a great track!!

I know exactly what you mean. Same thing with Deck on anything hes done in like the last 5 years. Shit, hearing him live its like someone else doing his lines. His voice changed so much. Ironically on 12RTD I thought the production style and the analog(?) shit made his voice sound like his old self a lot more.

It's because he was not in the same studio with the producer. Adrian sent him a script and the beats. They didn't even speak on the phone. Everything went through his agent. Ghost still goes in. It always comes down to the production. Apollo Kids wasn't even that good in production. And the aging of Ghost voice has to tdo with he with the analog mixing Adrian loves to use. He has a fully pimped out analog studio in LA, and is the only one in the world.

Thats a fucking shame. This is exactly the type of project that needs some in studio collaboration.

Thats crazy about the analog studio though.

mooooose

Special Delivery Remix ft Ghostface

Listen to how Ghost spits. It's night and day. He's shit now. And this is just a random for hire remix. He did this shit with no effort and it was 1000% better than anything on Apollo Kids.

And even in his new style, being more "NY" and punchliney and direct, he still had this verse over this instrumental

Sniper Elite/Murder Goons - DOOM/Ghost

Where he kills it. Even his verse on New God Flow was his new style. And he did do his verse on The Heart Gently Weeps and even Take it Back, both were good to amazing. It's so obvious when he phones it in, and yet so many people look at me like I'm crazy because I know better. I guess it says a shit ton that even when he phones it in he is still so great to so many people. Hence why people like Apollo Kids, I guess...

I'm still waiting for a Ghost and Cam'ron collab too... Also Ghost/Rae vs Clipse...

Ghost and Just Blaze... Ghost and Ye.... come on.

mooooose

Was this posted in here? It's a little old now but

Speak - Bulletproof Denali

This guy should be blowing up. He ghostwrites out the ass and got Kreayshawn launched but his own career has been nothing. He has the same management as OF but they clearly have failed him because they've only done amazing things with OF.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, Juicy J track is great. Dude can't do no wrong at the moment.
I'm not a big Juicy fan but Show Out goes so hard. That Mike Will beat my god.

The Weeknd song was okayish too, I may just check out my first Juicy project if all of this is off the same project.

Ghost has sounded older for awhile now. Regardless of how his vocals were recorded or mixed, in general, he definitely spits in a deeper tone.

I'm giving 12 Reasons to Die a listen now. I'm not expecting much honestly, and I love Ghost.

Ghost should be collaborating with Pete Rock, Doom, Statik Selektah, Alchemist, Madlib, Necro, Oh No. Even some crazy stuff like collaborating with Damon Albarn or something. He could be as good as DOOM if he wanted to put in the effort.

It's crazy to me now that I would consider Cappa the hardest spitter in Wu. Whenever he has a feature he puts 100% in.

Edit - 4 tracks in and it's Ghostface talking about the mafia and crime over boring live instrumentals YAWN. A competent album for pitchforkers to love, etc.

Ghost clearly brought out magic for his New God Flow verse. He hasn't done that in a long time before or since. He clearly doesn't give a fuck about this shit, it's just money. He doesn't feel the need to impress any one.
I heard Cappa's new album sucks. IMO Deck is the best right now; he dropped some great verses throughout Czarface and has two dope verses on 12 Reasons to Die.

Check out the Apollo Brown version btw, you might like it more.

kamspy

I made the mistake of listening to the OG Bullet Proof Wallets after listening to 12 Reasons.

Just makes 12 Reasons all the harder to go back to.

The quality contrast between the two albums is staggering. It's tough seeing the legend all old and flabby. Oh well. At least we got Action Bronson.

Esch

Banned
someone should start a flabby and sick rehab program for rappers. one part diet and exercise plan, one part cultural immersion, one part psych counseling, group battle rap and freestyle sessions. like a really gully Sandals.

mooooose

Cappa has killed every feature I've heard him on, including the one on this album.
I made the mistake of listening to the OG Bullet Proof Wallets after listening to 12 Reasons.

The quality contrast between the two albums is staggering. It's tough seeing the legend all old and flabby. Oh well. At least we got Action Bronson.

Exactly. Action Bronson is making the career decisions Ghost should.

PBY

Banned
someone should start a flabby and sick rehab program for rappers. one part diet and exercise plan, one part cultural immersion, one part psych counseling, group battle rap and freestyle sessions. like a really gully Sandals.

This is basically what Eminem did no? He still turned out the way he is.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I heard Cappa's new album sucks. IMO Deck is the best right now; he dropped some great verses throughout Czarface and has two dope verses on 12 Reasons to Die.

Check out the Apollo Brown version btw, you might like it more.

The brown tape is better because it accommodates ghost flow better.... So definitely give it a listen.

Cappa has killed every feature I've heard him on, including the one on this album.

Exactly. Action Bronson is making the career decisions Ghost should.

Action has been fucking up too lately so I don't know. Nothing action has done in the last year+ is on par with well done and maybe that's what ghost and action both need. A honest to god studio album (with studio level mixing) that is based around grimey soulful beats.

mooooose

Action is putting out his studio album next year and dropped Rare Chandeliers which was pretty good and is involved in a good rap clique (Alchemist's) so his career is in a good place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom