• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

WIFE - STOIC
LIAR - STRANGE LOVE
Haxan Cloak - Excavation
Water Borders - Harbored Mantras
Evian Christ - Kings and Them
oOoOO - Self-Titled
oOoOO - Our Love is Hurting
Holy Other - With U
How to Dress Well's output
Holy Other - Held
Vessel - Order of Noise
Howse - Lay Hollow
Alunageorge EP
Balam Acab's output

thabiz

WIFE - STOIC
LIAR - STRANGE LOVE
Haxan Cloak - Excavation
Water Borders - Harbored Mantras
Evian Christ - Kings and Them
oOoOO - Self-Titled
oOoOO - Our Love is Hurting
Holy Other - With U
How to Dress Well's output
Holy Other - Held
Vessel - Order of Noise
Howse - Lay Hollow
Balam Acab's output

sigh

people really get excited about that oOoooOO and holy other sound don't they? It's all so vapid and colorless to me at this point

opal tapes is prob my favorite label at the moment, fwiw

Esch

Banned
japanese metal is not to be trifled with.
ehhh the scene ia overrated by weaboos and nigel hipsters. Boris is legitimately great, Melt Banana is fun and so is GISM, but the rest is overall kinda mediocre and makes the mistake of throwing 1hunna stupid instruments on everything instead of playing around with their composition and arrangement.

thabiz

ehhh the scene ia overrated by weaboos and nigel hipsters. Boris is legitimately great, Melt Banana is fun and so is GISM, but the rest is overall kinda mediocre and makes the mistake of throwing 1hunna stupid instruments on everything instead of playing around with their composition and arrangement.

the use of traditional instruments does nothing for me. they need to stop.

HiResDes

Agree 100%.

It seems all young artist are into now are making these weird sounds.

Umm it seems like you're not in agreement with him then if you think that...It's better to be weird than it is to be oldhat in any regard.

The best electronic labels IMO are:

Ninjatune
Hyperdub
Tri Angle

Tokubetsu

GAFHOP metal kliq isnt real enough for this. I bet yall listen to Nachtmystium.

I actually agree with you on the jp metal band stuff, it is mostly try too hard bullshit but like, every other post on this page is just man.

Actually kinda reminds me of dudes like Travis Scott. This whole school of "well if we throw all these sounds at the board it'll be dope right yea?"

HiResDes

Jitters what I'm saying is that Thanks said they were "vapid and colorless", while you think they are weird....Those two statements are not synonymous in any fashion. Also no I don't even think they are that weird.

Agree 100%.

It seems all young artist are into now are making these weird sounds.

Yeah I don't think you'd dig anything on opal tapes then lol. I like my electronic/techno dense, I guess.

I'll check out that stoic ep though HRD, thx

And oooo is sorta the antonym of weird for people posting on music forums

HiResDes

I would agree that Vessel's Order of Noise is probably the best release thus far. But that album made my top ten last year so I think it's truly exceptional. Stoic would have if it were longer. Liar's Strange Love maybe too.

Esch

Banned
I actually agree with you on the jp metal band stuff, it is mostly try too hard bullshit but like, every other post on this page is just man.

Actually kinda reminds me of dudes like Travis Scott. This whole school of "well if we throw all these sounds at the board it'll be dope right yea?"
word. i cant stand those losers who throw a violin on shit and think theyre breaking ground. thats why i hate ihsahns solo work so much. and ulver. fuck that shyt man.

Esch

Banned
what the fuck is going on in here

ps i only listen to tru kvlt metal you posuers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br5tyuEUBWE

fukk it why not vibe to a classic

school-black-metal-o.gif

I don't get that.

Weird - involving or suggesting the supernatural; unearthly or uncanny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZEx1AzJjNo
That doesn't fit that?

yeah I guess it fits if your name is oxford or webster

I'm talking in the sense that artists like ooooo are accessible for people who spend most of their time delving deeply into the music scene. My interpretation of weird music is generally stuff that's considered "out there" or challenging to the listener. not because there's some [GOOGLE: DEFINE SUPERNATURAL] sample emerging out of a layer of bass

Apollo Brown's 12 Reasons to Die is #2 on my hip hop aoty list so far.

I really really like this

CRS

i suddenly want my long hair back.

After having long hair for a minute, I'm glad I cut my hair.

Cut it pretty recently too.

Edit: Busy college student though and it was too much of a hassle. I guess it might be different out of school.

Esch

Banned
Im gonna get the ratchet shit again shaving all of my head but the top. the bitches love it, but employers are scusted by it. Luckily grad school interviews arent for a while....

CRS

People who have time right now and will possibly participate in podcast records, try downloading Mumble and I'll PM you the server info to log in.

I guess Mumble is a higher quality version of Skype with low latency so I want to give it a shot.

Jitters

I used to have long hair.

yeah I guess it fits if your name is oxford or webster

I'm talking in the sense that artists like ooooo are accessible for people who spend most of their time delving deeply into the music scene. My interpretation of weird music is generally stuff that's considered "out there" or challenging to the listener. not because there's some [GOOGLE: DEFINE SUPERNATURAL] sample emerging out of a layer of bass
Well yeah, I didn't mean it that way. Some of his stuff is pretty pop-y. Like No Way Back or whatever it was called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom