• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

Downtown it is like that because of the widespread gentrification, but what's most impressive about the bock scene here in Cincy is the expertise and legacy of our home-brewers.

i feel like cinncy had the homebrew game on smash before the craze, based on no evidence just conjecture

what the rass, do you still have an accent toku?

chicken curry with rice for lunch

jerk chicken and rice and peas for dinner

bring the rice out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
After making so many top tens and being hyped by so many people on GAF-Hop why would anyone sleep on Deniro? I just don't get it.
I know, if only I ever posted about how slow I work though backlogs or music to give myself a chance to digest it rather than listen once and throw it away, then it would make so much sense. One day my pedestal will be as big as yours, just you wait!

- - -

That said, Destiny.altered is dope as fuck. The Intro, Minivan, Devil's Pie, Rich Ass N***as, so many instant favourites. Intro probably my favourite though.

Tokubetsu

what the rass, do you still have an accent toku?

chicken curry with rice for lunch

jerk chicken and rice and peas for dinner

bring the rice out.

Nah, my grandma was illiterate so it was a big deal for me and my sister to read, write and speak properly. Queen's english type shit. I came home once in grade school saying "f" instead "if" (classic Jamaican thing) and my mother pulled over on the side of the road, took me out the car and slapped me across the face. "You can talk like that on the road but don't ever let me catch you talk like that in the house or in front of me." Scared me so straight I never slipped again haha. Plus I was young.

My sister though, she's five years older than me and was deep into the dancehall session scene so she can slip in and out of it like she's changing slippers. It's funny because she's married to a white guy from Vermont and teaches kids so she's got this on the up on up voice but let one of her friends from home call and she sounds like a whole different person.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Cool. Born and lived there 'til I was 14. Born in kingston but most of my later years were spent in St. Mary and Ocho Rios.
Must not ask how many jobs you have

I blame In Living Color

Nah, my grandma was illiterate so it was a big deal for me and my sister to read, write and speak properly. Queen's english type shit. I came home once in grade school saying "f" instead "if" (classic Jamaican thing) and my mother pulled over on the side of the road, took me out the car and slapped me across the face. "You can talk like that on the road but don't ever let me catch you talk like that in the house or in front of me." Scared me so straight I never slipped again haha. Plus I was young.

My sister though, she's five years older than me and was deep into the dancehall session scene so she can slip in and out of it like she's changing slippers. It's funny because she's married to a white guy from Vermont and teaches kids so she's got this on the up on up voice but let one of her friends from home call and she sounds like a whole different person.

lol. imagine if she taught class while speaking in slang

I know, if only I ever posted about how slow I work though backlogs or music to give myself a chance to digest it rather than listen once and throw it away, then it would make so much sense. One day my pedestal will be as big as yours, just you wait!

- - -

That said, Destiny.altered is dope as fuck. The Intro, Minivan, Devil's Pie, Rich Ass N***as, so many instant favourites. Intro probably my favourite though.

yesss, another one enters the darkside. I really like the outro song on destiny.altered as well.

HiResDes

He's just baiting people.

SHH.gif

I liked The Ecstatic too, and if we wanna get into controversial hip hop opinions I think True Magic had some of his best songs. But Mos the "rapper" has significantly declined in part due to the scat rapping. He creates some nice tracks by singing but when rapping he just sounds lazy, like he's using 1/3 of his power or some shit brehs.

thabiz

I liked The Ecstatic too, and if we wanna get into controversial hip hop opinions I think True Magic had some of his best songs. But Mos the "rapper" has significantly declined in part due to the scat rapping. He creates some nice tracks by singing but when rapping he just sounds lazy, like he's using 1/3 of his power or some shit brehs.

I will admit i havent listened to him in awhile. i should go back and check those out. i do love mos and i am interested in the new album.

Esch

Banned
yasiin is so self defeating lol. im not surprised him and jay e get along well. tbh i always wondered if maybe he got that from fuckin badu. im sure him and talib would eiffel tower that shit.

IrishNinja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9xpsmDXy48

aw man best rap tune in years, dat remade beat, so good yo, so fucking good

this OT is officially blessed~

Mello Music Group is to GAF-Hop what CCR is to Jazz-Hop.

pretty good analogy here, adding more of that stuff to my queue

Freedom. Just made the last payment on my student loan this morning.

this must feel amazing, grats K jack. im making moves hoping to say this like a year and a half from now

Modern Mos, not Mos of Black On Both Sides. Not a fan of Mos' scat rapping style now

yasmin ain't the same dude, i'm making peace with this. and his live shit is nice except when he's tripping balls and wants to do like a half hour of a reggae set no one fuckin asked for

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I stopped fucking with mos after he spent half his rock the bells set doing karaoke to old reggae songs. Actually, karaoke is too generous a description, it was like being in a room with a really high hippie dude who just discovered reggae and wanted to play you some of it while he mumbled out the handful of words he knew and then swayed back and forth like an idiot the rest of the time, completely oblivious to the fact that not a single other person in the room was interested and were there to hear something else entirely.

//B1G

Banned
Hope that's not the final version of that cover...

When's shit from the mega group with roc, action, corn, all those guys supposed to come out?

baauer.jpg

I find it hilarious Danny Brown was one of the artist brought up a lot who should tour with a DJ/Producer and now look what is happening.

Either way. I am buying those tickets asap

Edit: if the picture is huge. Let me know, can't tell on my phone

Also, nah.....Deniro you need to change that

CRS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That April 18th date. I am there.

I just need to figure out how/where to get tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom