• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Royce raps about is his dick and guns. His flow can be impressive but more often than not he says nothing that makes you take pause. In terms of rapid fire delivery rappers he's behind Ortiz, Term, Reks, etc. and his arrogance legit makes me mad, no lie. He literally thinks he's the best rapper alive, and that he's relevant. Self confidence has never insulted me like this before.

Remember when he did that horribly off beat Over freestyle, including what seemed to be an ugly Drake diss at the end? That's all he does: send potential shots at big rappers and hope they respond; he says he wasn't referring to Drake with the "fucking fruit" comment but everyone knows he hoped that Drake would take the bait. He's been doing the same shit for years; think of all the vague LL Cool J diss lines he has for instance.

Thank god it's no longer 2007 and I don't have to hear about Budden, Crooked, Ortiz, and Royce being hip hop saviors. Thnk god for Kendrick, Spitta, Krit, Bronson, Mr Exquire, and all the other interesting rappers we've had since then; hell, thank you for Cole (no one hates on FNL) and even Drake over those bitter ass Slaughterhouse clowns.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What are your guys favourite sequences of songs on some of your favourite albums? Must be at least 3 songs back to back.

I just realized none of my favourite albums have sequences of songs I really think are highlights. Maybe Illmatic with NY State of Mind > Life's A Bitch > The World Is Yours and MBDTF with Dark Fantasy > Gorgeous > Power > AOTL and Hell of a Life > Blame Game > Lost In The World > WWSIA.

Esch

Banned
budden/slaughterhouse stans are embarassing and should be thrown in the bushes. that includes net wrecker and enzo mostly. it should include toku who i think was hyping the 1st slaughterhouse album but some sense must have hit him. shits garbage

PBY

Banned
^happy bday man.
budden/slaughterhouse stans are embarassing and should be thrown in the bushes. that includes net wrecker and enzo mostly. it should include toku who i think was hyping the 1st slaughterhouse album but some sense must have hit him. shits garbage
Oh if we go that far back you can def call me out- I was all aboard that hype train- but then again so was most of gaf hop. Those were the golden, OT1 days.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
For the record, I don't think either Budden or Slaughterhouse have put out a full project that was more than decent. Maybe Slaughterhouse's major label album. But when they do shine, they shine. Hardly a stan.

Slaughterhouse has made enough tracks that are straight fire that I don't see why anyone would doubt their capabilities for making a good song, especially considering they've learned how to format their songs better and the wide variety of beats they've tackled. Slaughterhouse, Onslaught, Wack MCs, 2.0 Boys, Not Tonight, Fight Club, Hard White Remix, etc. Hell even when they dabble in introspective stuff it's usually good. Truth or Truth Pt.1, Move On, Rain Drops, etc.

I listen to Budden and Slaughterhouse for that gem they put out every so often. Losing faith in Budden though, he just fails again and again to find proper production and his output has been stagnant for a very long time.

Aye fam I just turned 20 years old

No longer a teenager, now im a real ninja
Happy Birthday dude!

What are your guys favourite sequences of songs on some of your favourite albums? Must be at least 3 songs back to back.

I just realized none of my favourite albums have sequences of songs I really think are highlights. Maybe Illmatic with NY State of Mind > Life's A Bitch > The World Is Yours and MBDTF with Dark Fantasy > Gorgeous > Power > AOTL and Hell of a Life > Blame Game > Lost In The World > WWSIA.

Reasonable Doubt - D'evils > 22 Twos > Can I live

Goodie Mob - Dirty South > Cell Therapy > Sesame Street

these are the two I can just think of off the top of my head without actually searching through library

Tokubetsu

These had me dying:
7oot6N8.png

akzarX3.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The sad thing is if you actually search twitter for Virgil mentions you'll see people who look almost exactly like that picture. Someone needs to tweet that picture to him.

CRS

Aye fam I just turned 20 years old

No longer a teenager, now im a real ninja

Happy birthday, man.

Doppelgangaz:

Nexium -> Get Em - Doppel Gospel

The Roots:

Dillatude -> The Day -> Right On. Especially the transition from The Day to Right On.

Fugees:

Fu-Gee-La -> Family Business -> Killing Me Softly With His Song

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony:
Da Introduction -> East 1999 -> Eternal

The Entirety of Russian Roulette but if I had to choose one sequence:
Adrian's Words/Champion Song -> Fight of the Bumblebee -> Kalashnikov Guns

Strong Arm Steady:
(Telegram ) -> Questions -> Smile -> New Love

KiD CuDi:
Solo Dolo -> Heart of a Lion -> My World

effzee

LOL at Royce being bad because he says the same shit over and over. At least he can rap it well even if its dick talk all the time. Think PP would appreciate that.

I rather listen to a technically sound rapper who can flow on any beat talk about his dick than a non rapper like most party rappers who say the same shit every verse every song but because its on better production no one seems to give a shit.

Slaughterhouse puts a out a great song for ever 5 bad or average songs. That 1 song is usually straight fire with 3-4 amazing verses.

CRS

3 "great" songs out of a 15 song album is fucking trash and there's no chance in hell that those three tracks make it okay. This goes for any artist.

KiD CuDi:
Solo Dolo -> Heart of a Lion -> My World

+1. Pursuit of Happiness -> Hyyer -> Up, Up, and Away is a great closing trifecta, as well.

Kanye - MBDTF:
Devil in a New Dress -> end. One of the best second half of any album.

R. Kelly - TP.3:
Put My T-Shirt On -> Remote Control -> Kickin' It With Your Girlfriend. Smooooth.

effzee

3 "great" songs out of a 15 song album is fucking trash and there's no chance in hell that those three tracks make it okay. This goes for any artist.

And I never said otherwise. I like all 4 of the rappers in the group but just like any group its hard to make songs when you have 4 different dudes on each track. Only battle raps make it through really. I didn't like their first album and thought the 2nd one was a step up but nothing amazing. Production was far superior this time around.

But individually they are all talent lyricists or technically sound. Royce to me is enjoyable even if its all dick and guns talk.

And I never said otherwise. I like all 4 of the rappers in the group but just like any group its hard to make songs when you have 4 different dudes on each track. Only battle raps make it through really. I didn't like their first album and thought the 2nd one was a step up but nothing amazing. Production was far superior this time around.

But individually they are all talent lyricists or technically sound. Royce to me is enjoyable even if its all dick and guns talk.

I think the problem lies in the fact that they're all so different in terms of their experiences and where they're from so they can't all vibe together on concept tracks. So most of their joints end up being bravado verses where they're just trying to outdo each other. When they end up trying to do concept tracks, somebody is always off in left field like Royce was on the Monsters in my Head track. Everyone else is on this depression/inner demons tip and he goes with this bravado verse that fucks up the concept.

HiiiLife

Chronic 2001: Still Dre > Big Ego's > Xxplosive
MMLP: Kill You > Stan > Who Knew
The Documentary: Don't Need Your Love > Church For Thugs > Put You On The Game

PBY

Banned
Haha, fuck what others think. I just didn't believe that the shirt in that picture Toku posted was real. Caught me off guard.

Oh its so real. Its also sooo not in my fashion wheelhouse, I'm pretty preppy tbh. We shall see when it arrives.

Detox

Don't worry Pete it's probably the same quality as the real deal, iirc Virgil just rebrands cheapass Champion t-shirts or something similar. Same deal with the jumpers and shirts etc. Then he sells it for a 2500% markup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom