• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

If it's white, it ain't right.

If it's brown, I'm down.

Nothing but whiskey and scotch for me. If I do have beer, it'll be a Modelo or a Negra Modelo.

T Dollarz

kahlua shit scares me, i'll drink a mudslide dont get me wrong, but anything that has milk and can sit on a shelf indefinitely is weird.

That's the third ingredient in a White Russian tho.

Btw, I took Miizy's advice last night and killed a 6 pack of Red Stripe. Never had that before, pretty good Jamaican beer. Definitely had me drunk when I was done.

Recon

Banned
That's the third ingredient in a White Russian tho.

Btw, I took Miizy's advice last night and killed a 6 pack of Red Stripe. Never had that before, pretty good Jamaican beer. Definitely had me drunk when I was done.

Red Stripe is amazing when very cold, but turns vile when it warms a bit.

Recon

Banned
I also love that peeps can throw personal insults at me without retribution, but I get banned for the same thing. Like wandering wind calling me nothing but a fat kid from bumfuck michigan. Fuck this :/

264298_10151361280597595_624336826_n.jpg

So I listened to that Chance the Rapper -Acid Trip a good amount of times. I like it a lot. He honestly gives off early Wyclef(someone can probably name a better comparison) vibes from time to time. His voice I could see making it or breaking it for people. I think he over does the nanana on track 2, kinda makes it corny, but still I really like it a lot.

That Cocoa Butter Kisses song is so good. Easily one of my favorites this year. Definitely something different than I expected.

Recon

Banned
Im not saying it does make it right. Stay posting the way you are though, and put SwagJesus on ignore before you get baited into another ban.

Yeah, I'm in a different frame of mind now, so I'm all good. It just sucks feeling like the threads punching bag since everyone can see they won't get banned for making personal insults at my expense.And swag jesus ain't worth any more time from me. Maybe I just need some sleep...

Recon

Banned
Oh, wow. This is pretty cool. The Mixtape About Nothing and More About Nothing are two great mixtapes from Wale.

Are Seinfeld and Wale working on something or...lol?

"Another Mixtape About Nothing" featuring Jerry Seinfeld on the intro. Or at least that would be my guess.

"Another Mixtape About Nothing" featuring Jerry Seinfeld on the intro. Or at least that would be my guess.
wouldn't mind that one bit

Wale gets a lot of shit but I do fuck with dude still.
Lotus Flower Bomb is still stuck in my head.

Welcome back, by the way! Not sure if I said that before.

Recon

Banned
wouldn't mind that one bit

Wale gets a lot of shit but I do fuck with dude still.
Lotus Flower Bomb is still stuck in my head.

Welcome back, by the way! Not sure if I said that before.

I like Wale myself, but I hated Ambition, so I would welcome another seinfeld tape. And thanks!

Detox

There is no trap there is no boom bap there is just good and bad music. This RA album is good music.

#thisshitspecial

PBY

Banned
Intros are usually garbage. If the intro length is less than 3 minutes, I know it probably is some bullshit spoken word nonsense and I skip it.
I agree. Best examples are those that tell stories (Kanye- Dark Fantasy), the intro off that new GFK. Also liked Meeks intro.

CRS

Intros for OutKast's ATLiens and Aquemini were exceptional and set the theme for the rest of the album.

If the intro is less than a minute, then I'm a little worried but I'm hopeful if it's longer. Intros need more attention and actually taken into consideration when creating the album.

Detox

Intros for OutKast's ATLiens and Aquemini were exceptional and set the theme for the rest of the album.

If the intro is less than a minute, then I'm a little worried but I'm hopeful if it's longer. Intros need more attention and actually taken into consideration when creating the album.
Nas is the god of intros kills every single one

Recon

Banned
I agree. Best examples are those that tell stories (Kanye- Dark Fantasy), the intro off that new GFK. Also liked Meeks intro.

Yeah, I loved Dark Fantasy, but it made the rest of the album sub par in comparison, IMO.

Artists in general are lacking when it comes to crafting a complete, cohesive album. I think that is why GKMC was so refreshing.

Jitters

The verses on Acid Rap are so hook-y, if that makes sense. Can't tell you how many times I've replayed the opening track. Really enjoyable.

overcast

KiD CuDi's intro on Man on the Moon beats anything Nas could ever start with. Seriously, Common's speech on it is so good.
The Genesis is way better, and I love the whole bit with Common in Man on the Moon.

Genesis leading into NY State of Mind is flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom