• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitters

Naw but if you're into soft like Vampire Weekend I could understand

oD0DptL.jpg

It sounds like everything I don't like about 90s rock. Its so 'cliche 90s' sounding to me.

That isn't untrue, but I still enjoy it.

overcast

Avalanches had my favorite album of 2001. I didn't even realize all of these albums dropped that year. Then again I was in the 3rd grade.

Jitters

I was in college. Go fuck all of yourselves.

What is it like being old?

Man, I was looking at the 2001 albums and there is almost no rock. What happened to the genre? Why is there so few good rock albums now? I mean sure there are good rock albums from time to time, but man, is it lacking. Like, Metz is considered a good rock band now.

Yeah, Savages had a good album but they are just ripping off Wire.

Esch

Banned
because rock splintered into metal, punk, and a whole bunch of other shit. Imagine if all the little subgenres of rap we have today split like that.

Jitters

Pavement, Sonic Youth, Archer of Loaf, Sleater-Kinney, Modest Mouse, Nirvana, The Pixies. Where did it all go?

Maybe hip hop just seems so good right now because there is no rock. Hip Hop is the only thing left with attitude.

I'm starting to sound like one of those people.

Jitters

Hardcore has attitude and DIY spirit and borrows a lot from 90's street culture. It's hip hop's cousin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UonmopFossY

That is true, but I've never been the biggest fan of hardcore.

The best bands around right now are Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend(I know no one will agree, but its true.). I don't really think they are rock bands, but they make music that can really mean something to somebody, ya know. They will be remembered.

At least we have Stephen by god Malkmus and The Jicks and Wild Flag to look forward to, but neither of these will be as good as their former projects.

mooooose

That is true, but I've never been the biggest fan of hardcore.

The best bands around right now are Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend(I know no one will agree, but its true.). I don't really think they are rock bands, but they make music that can really mean something to somebody, ya know. They will be remembered.

At least we have Stephen by god Malkmus and The Jicks and Wild Flag to look forward to, but neither of these will be as good as their former projects.

You like Minus the Bear?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kols9wQQPzs

There is definitely some good math rock out there.

Staying relevant to the thread...

hip hop remix to the song above...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHsI2Xln6xk

kamspy

no grafts.

I was wearing a nomex hood, so it just got me below the eye and on the side of my nose.

My safety shades and hardhat look like they got shot with the flechette gun from UT3 though. Electricity sucks.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I got second degree burns on half my face 2 days ago at work. I could post some gnarly pictures.

Shit sucks though...

permanent Two-Face Halloween costume.

gotta look at the bright side or get that skin graft, i think 2nd degree requires grafts.
Just don't tell anyone where you get the extra skin from. some kid in high school got the shit burned out of his arm in Sophmore year, kids would tease him because he got skin from his ass moved to his arm.

It sounds like everything I don't like about 90s rock. Its so 'cliche 90s' sounding to me.

It kind of popularized that sound before it became nauseating though. It's a great album to me, with lots of memorable melodies and riffs.

But yea, brit pop got very boring, alongside the US stuff like the Goo Goo Dolls (but admit it, Iris is a great song)

It kind of popularized that sound before it became nauseating though. It's a great album to me, with lots of memorable melodies and riffs.

But yea, brit pop got very boring, alongside the US stuff like the Goo Goo Dolls (but admit it, Iris is a great song)

I respect the influence, I'm just not very fond of the sound in general.

that mac miller x ariana grande song pisses me off. its a really good song but that bitch can't sing. she can't enunciate, i cant understand a damn word shes saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sV0S8qWSy0

ps Chief Keef is on briiiiicksquuuuuad

Catchy song. Beat sounds like some Fisher Price My First MPC stuff tho, but it's still catchy. Can't really tell if she can sing or not, her voice is drowned in so many effects but she has does hit some notes (assuming that's her voice...).

But why are we talking about this girl's voice. I want to spin her on my dick. I normally don't like skinny ass chicks but I'm a sucker for Latinas brehs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom