• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

404657467-1.jpg

The Extremities - Re​:​Fresh

Detox

I was about to say eastern europe..

Well how about Thailand apparently it's super cheap?

And South America?..well I would stay the hell away from Mexico atm. Maybe Brazil? Flights will be pretty costly to both locations(you're from the UK, right?).

Yeah, the flights to South America do seem expensive. Probably going to be a country in south-east Asia.

codhand

can't even front brehs vampire weekend album is actually really good, great song writing, had to see for myself if i was being unreasonable....

any nashville gaf hoppers here wanna recommend me some shit to eat/do while im there? (only 3 weekdays)

can't even front brehs vampire weekend album is actually really good, great song writing, had to see for myself if i was being unreasonable....

any nashville gaf hoppers here wanna recommend me some shit to eat/do while im there? (only 3 weekdays)
Prince hot chicken shack. Go there. Place stays open late on weekend cause a lot of people often come from the club and go straight there or they are high as hell.

DominoKid

Good Luck! Khaled really did start from the bottom and came up along with Young Money. He was working with Birdman back when they were selling tapes out the back of the trunk.

I need some help , what are some good holiday destinations that are going to break the bank in terms of the costs of staying there for 3-4 weeks? I'm mainly thinking of South American and Asia and I'd like to visit some nice cultural attractions. I thought of Vietnam but one of my friends is from there and he wants to visit somewhere else.

really? didnt know that.

aw sheeit.

Thanks! Hopefully the ball will get moving on it quickly!

congrats. hope it pans out.

Detox

Yeah, I think Wayne mentioned it in his interview with Nardwuar not sure. I just remember that Khaled used to DJ at a local record store and Birdman used to bring tapes to him to play.

Titus Andronicus is performing Monday night at the Stone Fox, if you're still in town. Edley's BBQ, Burger Up, and The Tin Angel are some of my favorite eateries. Also, Mike's or Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams for the best cream around.

Tokubetsu

Hey y'all, what rick ross albums should i check out. I have the black bar mitzvah mix tape in my iTunes.

All of them if you're digging his style, but I still think Deeper Than Rap is his "best." I don't really care for his latest at all but my good friend who is more of a miami boy than me loves it to death.

CRS

This bangs but it's kinda disappointing after SDS and his song with Soul. Those were venturing in a real west coast underground sound. It's still crazy how much this dude improved in just two years.

Also are we sure this isn't a reference track for an ASAP Rocky song? LOL.
Flying Lotus needs to produce for more people outside of Cali. Or people outside of Cali should hit up FlyLo more. Whichever gives me more FlyLo.

All of them if you're digging his style, but I still think Deeper Than Rap is his "best." I don't really care for his latest at all but my good friend who is more of a miami boy than me loves it to death.

You don't like Teflon Don?

DTR is a nice starting point but remember, nearly all of the "for the ladies" tracks are trash. To me the best Ross is the smooth mafioso shit over lush production (Rich Off Cocaine, Amsterdam). DTR has many tracks like that.

Tokubetsu

You don't like Teflon Don?

DTR is a nice starting point but remember, nearly all of the "for the ladies" tracks are trash. To me the best Ross is the smooth mafioso shit over lush production (Rich Off Cocaine, Amsterdam). DTR has many tracks like that.

No, I definitely like TFD but I remember digging a DTR a lot more. I remember spending a lot of time with Deeper Than Rap.

mooooose

IDK when Clipse left Jive after Hell Hath No Fury, they rushed (in comparison to HHNF) to put out Til The Casket Drops and it didn't meet the same critical acclaim. Honestly I don't understand why they didn't have Pharrell do all the production after HHNF was the amazing album it was. He always gives Clipse his best stuff. Then after that I think Ye talked to Pusha and Pusha left to do his solo and left Malice behind and Malice found God at the same time and left the game, but keeps saying he will come back. Apparently he has a tape coming out in June.

What's crazier is Pusha has been signed to GOOD for three years. I wonder how he will do in numbers. I think his biggest problem is he can't carry a song, even if he can kill a verse. His verse on Don't Like is the most memorable/quotable, his verse on Mercy was crazy and he looked super lyrical next to everyone else, his verses on New God Flow were two of his best ever, Trouble on My Mind was a really good song, Millions is a great song and IMO didn't even need Ross, it's the first Pusha only song I would've sat through... Numbers on the Boards is missing SOMETHING.

Ye did the best job he could to set Pusha up to be a success and taking an old star and making him new again but if Pusha does Meek Mill numbers, I'd consider that a flop, considering he had 3 years to build himself. Pusha is an amazing rapper with a cool demeanor, but he's a coke rapper, and every rapper is a coke rapper now.

edit - oh god here is a horrible no malice song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ0K4NAMm2s

Pusha's solo career would be a lot more interesting if it was Pusha, Ye, and Pharrell... Ye and Pharrell collabing would blow minds and Pusha is a perfect medium that wouldn't make it an overload of either style.

Pusha has the same problem Talib and Inspectah Deck has. PheonixPause touched on this a while ago, they shine on verses but have a hard time holding a song down by themselves. Im a Kweli fan and even I can see it.

Thats why Pusha was so good on The Clipse albums. Not very hopeful for a solo album all by himself. He needs someone else on his songs to break the track up. Even if its one verse on, one verse off I think it would benefit him hugely.

No, I definitely like TFD but I remember digging a DTR a lot more. I remember spending a lot of time with Deeper Than Rap.

To me Teflon Don is a near perfect mainstream rap album; the only bad track is the horrible Diddy song. It really defined that trap sound of the time (and still today to an extent) with a mixture of smooth shit you don't hear much anymore, like that 90s esque single with Ne-O.

Tears of Joy is one of the best "I made it" tracks in years IMO

mooooose

No one wants to work with Pusha besides Tyler the Creator, Pharrell, and Ye. He has no lyricists to carry his songs and no more Pharrell hooks.

codhand

ibsyvoCwNT714M.gif

(no) malice was gonna be signed with push, but wanted to find god, incidentally he is christian rap, but it's probably the best christian rap ever

I like all the clipse albums, even the last one.

ross has no classic albums. he did improve drastically over the course of his career, but generally he is good for to one or two bangers and some well polished filler

mooooose

WOW That Ab-Liva/Malice song is amazing. I'm very very very very impressed. Holy fuck this is crazy.

IMO the three most classic albums in the last 10 years are Flockaveli, Madvillain, and GKMC.

codhand

[dusty]young people's taste is all over the map, it explains a$ap's whole dirty south by way of harlem steez.[/dusty]

i like gkmc and madvillain as choices but flock?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pusha is a dumbass for shooting a video to Numbers On The Boards and if it's his single, making it his single.

That song is going nowhere fam, you need all the broad appeal you can get. Pump out those bangers, folks aren't tryna hear that range. Just do the same dopeboy rap everyone primarily knows you for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9VQye6P8k0

Shit was so good even Wayne dropped a good verse on it. Best hiphop fusion album, far better than Best of Both Worlds etc.

I agree, not on the Wayne part, but it was a great album nonetheless. Not a classic in my opinion though.

Pusha is a dumbass for shooting a video to Numbers On The Boards and if it's his single, making it his single.

That song is going nowhere fam, you need all the broad appeal you can get. Pump out those bangers, folks aren't tryna hear that range. Just do the same dopeboy rap everyone primarily knows you for.

Enzo nails it. Is it the single though? I thought it was just the street single or whatever. Its a great song, but not the kind of single that will get the kind of people who actually buy albums to pay for your shit.

mooooose

Pusha's solo output the last year is diverse and impressive, honestly. Exodus, Blocka, Millions, Numbers on the Board all sound completely different and they are all good. It's just that in none of them, you can't imagine him being anyone's favorite rapper. I've never gotten that feeling from a rapper before. Pusha comes off as a talented and hardworking weed carrier.

In the Clipse, however, it was the opposite. It's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom