• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Damn, it was posted on my morning read of Gaf-hop I must have glanced over it sorry especially since there was no real discussion of it and no pic.

Brehs do think it's possible for us to ever have a Theme Day, where we pretend it's a different year? I would like to pretend it's 2001 sometime next week. So all my posts will reflect it being 2001, IE every post will be limited to what music was out at the time, the current trends, etc.

Basically I want to pretend like Stillmatic just came out and Jay was still just a Camel

HiResDes

Brehs do think it's possible for us to ever have a Theme Day, where we pretend it's a different year? I would like to pretend it's 2001 sometime next week. So all my posts will reflect it being 2001, IE every post will be limited to what music was out at the time, the current trends, etc.

Basically I want to pretend like Stillmatic just came out and Jay was still just a Camel

We already have Enter the 36 Chambers...

CRS

^lol

AOTY

Jitters

When you were 13 you were cool, what happened?

I don't know, man.

I still listen to stuff like Wax Idols and TRST now I think because it reminds of those days.

The Moldy Peaches and The White Stripes had the best albums in 2001.

Oh wait, The Avalanches and Bob Dylan had amazing releases too. What a year that was.

PBY

Banned

Kanye made the best album of 2001

RJT

Blueprint > Stillmatic. I'll give you that Ether is great though. Better than Takeover. That kid Kanye got crazy beats, but he'll never be as huge as Just Blaze.

Also, Kazaa > Napster. And what the fuck is a Google? Altavista will never die.

tattoo2.jpg

tattoo1.jpg

radiohead was dead to me in that period between kid a and in rainbows

2001 i was listening to the gorillaz, cannibal ox, the strokes, converge's jane doe and backstreet boys millenium (because that black and blue album sucked and disappointed me)

edit: and jay z obviously. sorry detox and pp...

HiResDes

radiohead was dead to me in that period between kid a and in rainbows

2001 i was listening to the gorillaz, cannibal ox, the strokes, converge's jane doe and backstreet boys millenium (because that black and blue album sucked and disappointed me)
That's when they were at their best unless you like basic ass Creep Radio head lulz

kyle aka "new boys couldn't jerk me" aka up and coming gaf hop god is coming to my city at the end of the month....

edit: nah, kid a is my favorite album by them. and i really liked the melodies and the percussion especially on in rainbows. in between is boring beeps and boops

always liked blur more

Jitters

I wonder if The Knife likes Bjork. It seems like Fever Ray tries to sound like her at times.

I think In Rainbows may be their best.

Tokubetsu

I would run away from a girl with Nastradamus tattoed on her body. It's a trap.

Also I swear 36 Chambers is talking to us through some timehole. Never heard Cannibal Ox? What's it like in 1998 36? This whole thread must be a trip. Buy google and apple stock as soon as you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom