• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
We must be near or past the tipping point of posthumous albums > albums 2Pac released while alive.

It's a two edged sword - his influence may be less felt by those who weren't listening to him while he was alive if it wasn't for the constant drip drip feed of releases with his name on that have come in the years since. On the other hand the questionable to downright shitty quality of these posthumous releases has certainly taken the shine of how great and focused the majority of the 4.5/5 solo albums he put out while alive were.

He had 5 albums while alive, 1 being double disc. He has 6 albums while being dead, 2 being double disc. The mountain of shit his mom signed off on is incredible.

Jitters

We must be near or past the tipping point of posthumous albums > albums 2Pac released while alive.

It's a two edged sword - his influence may be less felt by those who weren't listening to him while he was alive if it wasn't for the constant drip drip feed of releases with his name on that have come in the years since. On the other hand the questionable to downright shitty quality of these posthumous releases has certainly taken the shine of how great and focused the majority of the 4.5/5 solo albums he put out while alive were.
Unfortunately, I don't feel any of his music was that good. At least not good enough to be held where he is today.
#extinct

i cant even read the last page, its all incoherent.

I think its my fault.

IrishNinja

Wu forever was half good half garbage. There is no double disc hip hop release in existence that is any better than average.

ShinobiFist needs to put on a clinic

I'd say Life After Death is probably a 1.5 disc album.

yeah, i think that one's a given, only left it off cause it already got named...i swear there's another i usually leave off in these discussions though

man you gotta wonder what kinda struggle would be on a Ye double album, come to think of it...actually, in recent years he drops the songs i dig, so maybe it'd balance out

Esch

Banned
man i love life after death screw yall

art of war isnt even a quarter good. the only thing that album is good for is wiping your ass with in some postapocalyptic scenario

Recon

Banned
ShinobiFist needs to put on a clinic

yeah, i think that one's a given, only left it off cause it already got named...i swear there's another i usually leave off in these discussions though

man you gotta wonder what kinda struggle would be on a Ye double album, come to think of it...actually, in recent years he drops the songs i dig, so maybe it'd balance out

Shinobi is a blow hard who now only posts links to shitty cyphers featuring fat white females.

CRS

Look into My Eyes
Body Rott

It's All Mo' Thug
Ready 4 War ft. Maje$ty
Ain't Nothin Changed (Everyday Thang Part II)
Clog Up Yo Mind

It's All Real (Krayzie Bone)
Hardtimes (Interlude)
If I Could Teach the World
Family Tree
Thug Luv ft. 2pac
Hatin' Nation

Wasteland Warriors ft. Souljah Boy
U Ain't Bone
All Original
Blaze it
Let the Law End

Whom Die They Lie
How Many of Us Have Them
Evil Paradise
Mo' Thug Family Tree ft. Mo Thugs

Bolded are the great to amazing tracks and the rest are the average to great songs. I deleted the bad songs. 21/27 is better than average. Y'all got it twisted and it's too bad you can't see the error in your ways.

Esch

Banned
as much as i like messing with CRS for his stannery of all things bone, im definitely renaming the enzo rule to the Jitters rule. congratulations. you made it Jitters.

IrishNinja

Tical 2000: Judgement Day - i'm flying solo here, but fucka co-sign, i love that shit. more good than bad, can't go wrong with Mef

Shinobi is a blow hard who now only posts links to shitty cyphers featuring fat white females.

you know how much better than is than mosta the shit gets posted here? at least when i'm disappointed i can rub one out

as much as i like messing with CRS for his stannery of all things bone, im definitely renaming the enzo rule to the Jitters rule. congratulations. you made it Jitters.

Haha, I was wondering when it would happen. I've been worried about myself lately because I saw Jitters agree with my posts

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
man i love life after death screw yall

art of war isnt even a quarter good. the only thing that album is good for is wiping your ass with in some postapocalyptic scenario

same same, in fact I love Life after Death more now than I did when it first came out. Tracks like ten crack commandments didn't really click with me in 97. At a young dumb 15 I had trouble getting into any of the tracks that didn't sound like they could be singles.

Art of War was a huge disappointment at the time. I was obsessed with e.1999 and AoW didn't even come remotely close to matching it's quality.

ecurbj

fa52a024ad0811e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpeg

I like Young Chop beats.

That Us track with Rick Ross & Drake is catchy as Hell.

Sorry just a drive by post.

You can like the song. Shit, I love the album. But it's not a bump everyday album. It's not a classic. Y'all need to stop taking turns and get up off this boys penis.

Stop jacking Tokus style. He does it better.

GKMC & GRDT are classics, no matter how many times you herbs edit their wiki articles to take subliminals and shit

The Massacre aka Got Rich & Stopped Trying is a fucking struggle of an album and pretty much where dude fell off though

but then again you're a dude who'd call a track of DMX crying to himself for a half hour AOTY so i guess that's fair

Cmon son. You got a motherfucking Shenmue avatar and your gonna call out my tastes? As garbage as you feel DMXs last album was, is exactly the same level of hot garbage the rest of the world thinks those Shenmue games are. We both like shitty things.

In My Hood
This Is 50
I'm Supposed To Die Tonight

Piggy Bank
Gatman And Robbin
Candy Shop
Outta Control
Get In My Car
Ski Mask Way
A Baltimore Love Thing
Ryder Music

Disco Inferno
Just A Lil Bit
Gunz Come Out
My Toy Soldier
Position Of Power
Build You Up
God Gave Me Style
So Amazing
I Don't Need 'Em

12/20 songs were great. Struggle of an album? Nope. Some terrible filler yeah but the CD is more good than bad.

All Eyez on Me might be the only true double disk album worthy of a double disk

Im with this. Album is classic.

All that shitty Vampire weekend type music Jitters listens to is making his brains melt out of his ears. I can barely understand half the shit he's posting about.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I loved All Eyez. Only song I hit skip on was whats your phone number.

There was a time I couldn't listen to Pac though. For a few years after his death every piece of trailer trash with delusions of thuggery worshiped Pac to such an absurd degree, it made it hard to admit being a fan at risk of being associated with these clowns. Then Em came around and they all jumped their worship to him instead.

IrishNinja

Cmon son. You got a motherfucking Shenmue avatar and your gonna call out my tastes? As garbage as you feel DMXs last album was, is exactly the same level of hot garbage the rest of the world thinks those Shenmue games are. We both like shitty things.

i love ya 36 but Shenmue II...look i'm trying to not discuss gaming shit on this side because people get upset and esha feels the need to say something foolish, so ima leave it at this: you're comparing a masterpiece that influenced shit like GTA to this day, to X sounding like his own weed carrier. like what you like, but let's not pretend we're dealing with It's Dark and Hell's Lukewarm here

as for Massacre, disagree on about half those tracks but im glad someone else enjoyed it. me, i can't listen to GRODT & then that mess and not see Lupe level dropoffs

SadAli

Neo Member
Candy Shop is when 50 Cent became Ja Rule.

The saddest thing about Candy Shop is that it kept Hate It Or Love It off the top of the charts - a song by 50 in all by title and one of my favourite things he's ever done.

I'm not his biggest fan but GRODT is a definite classic and his bootlegged so much it might as well have been released Power Of The Dollar has some good stuff on there and a bit more fire than a lot of what followed.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I loved All Eyez. Only song I hit skip on was whats your phone number.

There was a time I couldn't listen to Pac though. For a few years after his death every piece of trailer trash with delusions of thuggery worshiped Pac to such an absurd degree, it made it hard to admit being a fan at risk of being associated with these clowns. Then Em came around and they all jumped their worship to him instead.

I have no idea how that song got on the album. I assume they paid alot for the sample and felt they had to use it.

I love some Pac. "Me Against the World" is a straight up classic. He and Easy Mo Be should have done more work together.

I'm not seeing what was wrong with what Jitters said. He's just pointing out that you guys fucking loved Kid Cudi according to the list, but made fun of him for calling Tupac overhyped or whatever. Which he says doesn't make sense since you love Kid Cudi so much.

I'm not seeing what was wrong with what Jitters said. He's just pointing out that you guys fucking loved Kid Cudi according to the list, but made fun of him for calling Tupac overhyped or whatever. Which he says doesn't make sense since you love Kid Cudi so much.
I believe it was moreso how incoherent he was coming off at first. I knew what he meant but what he originally was saying was such a mess lol

Esch

Banned
agreed, liking kid cudi makes no sense

When Yeezy says "screams from the haters" in Power he's talking about OT.

His opening bars in Brand New are more fitting I think.

"They say your attitude determines your latitude
I'm high as a motherfucker, fly as a motherfucker
And still the motherfucker you love to hate
But can't, because you love what I make
Now ain't that about a bitch
And I'mma talk shit until I'm out of hits
"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom