• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

so what would gaf hops aoty be right now? couple of weeks before half year, so something has to be doing it for you. for me its 360 Waves. alc once again brings the heat. dirty beats, grimy lines. perfect :)

total orgasm 2 and phonaesthetics round out the three.

Street Lottery and FBG The Movie.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Been dabbling in Trap music lately

I think I like spinning it lol

iavi

man 2012 was a truly great year in music

Music overall, 2013 is shaping up to be an absolutely incredible year for me. I've got new releases from just about all my favorite artists: From Daft Punk, to Ye, to Protest the Hero, to TheWeeknd. I'm floating.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah ho!

Also say watup to Lunice for us when you become an international bigtime DJ spinning trap and shit.
It hasn't caught on in Japan but it will and I want in on the ground floor

CRS

We're assuming he's speaking about hip-hop music because we're in a hip-hop thread. Saying hip-hop music would be redundant.

PBY

Banned
Jitta, we're in a hip hop thread.

K. Dot.
Q.
Soul.
Lute.
Nas comeback. (He been here for years tho)
Macklemore.
Cruel Summer.
Killer Mike.

In fact, 2012 was probably the best year in hip hop in more than a decade

Macklemore? Nas? Lute? Kanye side project? Stahhp.

2010 was better just with Teflon Don, MDTF, and Big Boi. Plus we got How I got Over, Krit Wuz Here, Trunk Muzik 0-60, Pilot Talk, Revolutions Per Minute.

Drake even dropped a damn album.

Jitters

We're assuming he's speaking about hip-hop music because we're in a hip-hop thread. Saying hip-hop music would be redundant.

Well, from here on out, I shall assume that as well. I made the same mistake when talking about the double disc albums.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

2010 was better just with Teflon Don, MDTF, and Big Boi. Plus we got How I got Over, Krit Wuz Here, Trunk Muzik 0-60, Pilot Talk, Revolutions Per Minute.

Teflon Don was great. MBTDF fucking sucked and we're never going to agree on it, but at night, when you're under your LV knock-off covers, hugging your Yeezy body pillow, you know it was a shit album.

Krit and Trunk Muzik were good mixtapes, but not great amazing products. Everybody else likes Pilot Talk, not my thing, but I'm not that full of my own ego to say it sucked based on my tastes.

Slap yourself for that Drake shit. You know better than that, brah

CRS

Big Boi's albums are forgettable to me now. Haven't gone back to them in so long and don't think I will anytime soon.

I can't really say which year is better since these past few years have been really amazing.

K.R.I.T. Wuz Here is an amazing album. Period.

CRS

955dbffcbcfa11e295f622000ae90e55_7.jpg

Tracklisting for his tape. Boom bap tape of the year?

iavi

protest the hero lmao

Protest the Hero lmao come on bruh bruh. And this is coming from a dude whose favorite album last year was Floral Green by Title Fight. There is good music out there bruh.

lol you motherfuckers gotta be kidding me. What's wrong with Protest?

They strike that balance between technicality, and actually being able to write a decent track. Dilinger's another one that manages the same thing.

Esch

Banned

one of these days we'll get you to the top of that Good Post transplant list

Esch

Banned
lol you motherfuckers gotta be kidding me. What's wrong with Protest?

They strike that balance between technicality, and actually being able to write a decent track. Dilinger's another one that manages the same thing.
I'm a hater of all things -core pretty much, and a hater of new school 'progressive' shit that throws keyboardz and random instruments into metal, so PtH is basically a combination of everything i hate in the metal game right now. Dillinger too.

Esch

Banned
I thought I had you with that Pilot Talk mention. Dammit.

And WW... could I entice you with dat 2010 gem Recovery? Hmmmm?

Hey, it was a good year. All of the recent years have been pretty damn good all things considered, since 09 hip hop has been pretty good for everyone but the old and flabby boom bap people and backpackers i guess.
I think you gotta be on that list yourself before passing judgement. :p

yeah ok

Big Boi's albums are forgettable to me now. Haven't gone back to them in so long and don't think I will anytime soon.

Forreal? I can understand Vicious Lies, but not even Lucious Leftfoot? The album still holds up for me, dat second half. Damn. For Yo Sorrows followed by Night Night gets me everytime.

Macca

2011 actually was pretty decent.

Big Krit - Return of 4eva
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology
The Roots - Undun
Jay-Z & Kanye - WTT
Kendrick Lamar - Section 80
Curren$y - Covert Coup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom