• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's funny about Yo Gotti is how much ridiculous love he gets. You won't really know it just with first glance, but he is really cool with a lot of mainstream artist despite for all these years he has been an independent artist.

Random fact but before Drake was even popular at all. He asked to stay with Yo Gotti and his homeboys just to get a feel of the hood and shit like that. Not even joking. I am exaggerating a tad bit, but yeah

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damare Shizukani
Thanks.

What's funny about Yo Gotti is how much ridiculous love he gets. You won't really know it just with first glance, but he is really cool with a lot of mainstream artist despite for all these years he has been an independent artist.

Random fact but before Drake was even popular at all. He asked to stay with Yo Gotti and his homeboys just to get a feel of the hood and shit like that. Not even joking. I am exaggerating a tad bit, but yeah
lolwut

I wish some of my favorite older rappers would get the Juicy J revival treatment. I mean I enjoyed Juicy J in the past, but he wouldn't be my first pick, even though I do enjoy the results immensely.

Esch

Banned
the only og i want to really come back is Hov tbh. he lost his mojo like austin powers.

and the GZA of course, but we all know thats not happening.

On Hip-Hop Music in 2013: I think The Patriarch is still my favorite release so far. Admittedly, I haven't kept up with very many April + May releases since I've been knee deep in other genres, but yeah.

DominoKid

Oh I know he gets love. It's just baffling. He eatin though. I've never met a Yo Gotti fan but somebody must be paying for them shows. Must be a Tennessee thing.

Drake raps about that on Underground Kings. shit is hilarious because about a year ago, i was on full "So why am I in class if this is who I'm trying to be like" status mentally.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Canadia aint got no gangstas.
As far as hip-hop artists go, yeah nobody takes pride in our local artists here it seems, outside of Kardinal. Who is dope, but yeah he's Kardinal and he's sorta always been around and always sorta lukewarm. People like him, but they don't go crazy over him.

Classified sorta made a blip with his Oh, Canada song, but other than that he's not really poppin' either. Seems like there were more acts or at least better awareness a decade ago.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh and contrasting that is the west coast where it seems every artist you thought nobody gave a shit about has their own movement, gets HEAVILY supported by their coast, and seem to do well for themselves and persevere no matter how many crap records they put out. People fucks with their own heavy out there, seems like it's really tight knit, even a bubble for some (like how you hear about Kendrick not listening to EC rap at all until he started gaining popularity).

Oh I know he gets love. It's just baffling. He eatin though. I've never met a Yo Gotti fan but somebody must be paying for them shows. Must be a Tennessee thing.

Drake raps about that on Underground Kings. shit is hilarious because about a year ago, i was on full "So why am I in class if this is who I'm trying to be like" status mentally.

Certainly. Radio gives him a lot of love there. You don't know how many times I've heard 5 star bitch

CRS

As far as hip-hop artists go, yeah nobody takes pride in our local artists here it seems, outside of Kardinal. Who is dope, but yeah he's Kardinal and he's sorta always been around and always sorta lukewarm. People like him, but they don't go crazy over him.

Classified sorta made a blip with his Oh, Canada song, but other than that he's not really poppin' either. Seems like there were more acts or at least better awareness a decade ago.

Nardwuar.

He's hip-hop as fuck.

overcast

My favorite (rap) release of the year is Acid Rap. Came out of fucking nowhere for me. Somebody recommended it a few weeks ago (forgot who). Grew on me, songs got stuck in my head. Pusha Man was the song that made it all come together though.

Was listening to it for a week straight before RAM came out.

Btw, Danny! produced that French track. Dude's production is ridiculously good. I didn't really dig Payback though, I can't remember why exactly. I believe it was his raps, but he will make cake off that single

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
So you are saying all your gangstas are getting aborted. Interesting method.
7M67Osx.gif

Esch

Banned
So you are saying all your gangstas are getting aborted. Interesting method.
If you dont have unwanted children you cant afford or deal with, you have a better chance of raising a child with an education in a good home. this obviously helps keep kids away from trouble and is a time tested measure of building generational wealth. a lot of peoples prime earning or secondary/tertiary education periods in this country are fucked by kids that they cant really support. raising a child is expensive as shit, and its more expensive if you put in real effort and resources.

overcast

I wish I could enjoy Acid raps. I just really cant get past dude's voice, and that is almost never a problem for me.
Yeah, his voice is something else. Positive attribute to me though.

New Jet City is definitely one of my favorites of the year too.

If you dont have unwanted children you cant afford or deal with, you have a better chance of raising a child with an education in a good home. this obviously helps keep kids away from trouble and is a time tested measure of building generational wealth. a lot of peoples prime earning or secondary/tertiary education periods in this country are fucked by kids that they cant really support. raising a child is expensive as shit, and its more expensive if you put in real effort and resources.

So Canada is aborting their gangstas.

Tokubetsu

Deniro Farrar's version is better. Also that ferg video has one big issue I have with a lot of these new rap artist videos. All of them look awkward as hell and trying too hard in their own videos.

Has anyone heard of gengis khan? AKA camoflauge AKA signed to raekwons h20 canada label(Is his label that big that he needs a canadian division)

He's a toronto based rapper with a few good songs, and he's apparently from edmonton(my city) which makes him cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FFkV9t_hG4
idk how to post videos, and cant find my ipod so i cant post any more cool songs.

Esch

Banned
social anxiety internet rap + no budget for a real director= some awkward videos. you know what i dont mind tho? just seeing some regular cute bitches in these videos. some realism is nice. im not seeing some of these old dudes with 10k a night bishes.

Tokubetsu

social anxiety internet rap + no budget for a real director= some awkward videos. you know what i dont mind tho? just seeing some regular cute bitches in these videos. some realism is nice. im not seeing some of these old dudes with 10k a night bishes.

Yeah, one of the only good side effects of no budgets. Pulling random good looking "normal" girls off twitter for your video.

Esch

Banned
yeeaa im not a fan of this shit either. let dead rappers lie breh. one day we'll all be signing postmortem hologram consent forms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom