• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

it wouldn't have worked with that q hook, hence the louder drums and sample. yesterday i was clamoring for a mashup with deniro farrar's verses on there but i just realized how strange that would sound.

I'm not trying to say what would work or what wouldn't. I'm explicitly saying I prefer the Deniro version.

DominoKid

Mickey Factz ‏@MickeyFactz
Truthfully: This Bon Iver and Dream record Kanye got tho.... Meeeeean!

Elliott Wilson ‏@ElliottWilson
Kanye playing his album for the chosen ones. Wale played his album for Hov. Trying to get Cole to play me his album. #HipHopTuesday

IrishNinja

getting real mad and then coming at me on some race shit, i see you for you now

us white folk don't have culture past wonder bread & old school sega, i mean you might as well just make fun of hank williams fam

3AM internets convey shit poorly, was talkin shit & didn't mean shit to be personal esh

CRS

Mickey Factz ‏@MickeyFactz
Truthfully: This Bon Iver and Dream record Kanye got tho.... Meeeeean!

This actually has me real hyped. Dream feature is cool but having Justin Vernon again would be fucking awesome.

His feature was the best part of Monster.

Esch, Irish was basically saying this.

You better not be referring to what I think you are. And if you are, cut that fucking shit out.

IrishNinja

b...b...but sega is japanese culture

not to us weeaboos

Sega of America was the shit, real talk...genesis bombed hard in the homeland, while SOA gave us Comix Zone, sports games & all kindsa shit. Ninten still don't

Nah man, all we learn in school is how to lift pints of Guinness, peel potatoes and smack our wives

fucker, U2 sucks

also this offended my culture - we're not supposed to talk about the wife-beating to outsiders, and U2 gets the association because the UN still hasn't approved ireland officially adopting the pogues

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
U2 does suck. Massively. Although I like Sweetest Thing for some reason.

Speaking of sucking, finally heard Get Lucky. Never been a huge Daft Punk fan but I was not expecting such a shit song.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I just found out that Shock G's nose was fake. I feel like my childhood has been destroyed. I didn't know! How could I tell with those crappy CRT quality music videos? I think I need to lie down.

IrishNinja

So I just found out that Shock G's nose was fake. I feel like my childhood has been destroyed. I didn't know! How could I tell with those crappy CRT quality music videos? I think I need to lie down.

Ghostface called the hip-hop game WWF years ago...shit's as real as you believe it is

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wow, I can't believe Arsenio had Eazy on his show AND he played real COMPTON CITY g's. And he had NWA on before. I wonder how much Arsenio did for hip hop back then. I can't imagine many rappers got to do talk shows.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Shock G's nose isn't fake

Humpty Hump on the otherhand

HiResDes

Been a super slow past week or so, which gave me a chance to check out this:

styles-p-float-artwork.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So I ended up getting shitcanned at my job for getting my face burnt off.

Sucks

The fuck? That's not legal. Lockheed did that to me when I worked the washrack. Defective goggles, got low grade acid in my eyes. Went blind for a few days. Got fired, but didn't really think to do anything.

Definitely do something. What job and most fucking importantly, what do you mean "off?"

kamspy

Face is fine now. Second degree burns that have mostly healed now.

How should I pursue it if you think it's wrongful?

Basically I was told off the record that they had to make an example out of me since safety company-wide has been shit this year.

I was working for a contractor for a utility (Duke Energy).

WanderingWind

Face is fine now. Second degree burns that have mostly healed now.

How should I pursue it if you think it's wrongful?

Basically I was told off the record that they had to make an example out of me since safety company-wide has been shit this year.

I was working for a contractor for a utility (Duke Energy).

Contact a lawyer immediately. Like now. Most will at least elhear you out without a fee. The longer you wait, the worse it is for you.

kamspy

What's my best case scenario though?

I've already got 2 interviews lined up. Is it worth my energy? Are we talking cash settlement or just getting my job back?

Esch

Banned

I've already got 2 interviews lined up. Is it worth my energy? Are we talking cash settlement or just getting my job back?
cash settlement probs but yeah definitely get a meeting with a lawyer. fuck those dudes anyway.

WanderingWind

Wrongful termination suit is best case scenario. You can't be fired for being injuries, unless they can prove negligence on your part. I looked into this pretty heavily and talked to a lawyer since. It's very actionable.

Hey y'all im writing an essay on internet censorship and I'm trying to name it after a rap song, so far i have empire state of mind because that was the only thing i thought worked.

Any suggestions, would be mad appreciated!

kamspy

Wrongful termination suit is best case scenario. You can't be fired for being injuries, unless they can prove negligence on your part. I looked into this pretty heavily and talked to a lawyer since. It's very actionable.

They said I was improperly wearing my nomex hood. They don't issue new ones. Mine has list elasticity, so wearing it higher was not an option.

PBY

Banned
Hey y'all im writing an essay on internet censorship and I'm trying to name it after a rap song, so far i have empire state of mind because that was the only thing i thought worked.

Bitch don't kill my vibe

Thes N*ggas Can't Hold me Back

Fuck the Police

Esch

Banned

Just browse the Dalek discography and pick something.

lol

The most I ever did was quote 2Pac somewhere in an English essay.

That shit got me an A and my teacher was this real old white lady.

Edit: This was in high school.
I had the coolest English teacher ever my senior year. Was this old white man who was a huge fan of tupac. He would quote him all the time then ask just a random person to decipher what he meant

I had the coolest English teacher ever my senior year. Was this old white man who was a huge fan of tupac. He would quote him all the time then ask just a random person to decipher what he meant
In highschool, I had an English teacher who was an Em fan and actually used Lose Yourself for a lesson in class.

I was unmotivated as fuck in my first two years of highschool so I did not really get along with that teacher but in hindsight he was a pretty chill guy. Sucks, I wish I could reconnect but he went to go teach in Cali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom