• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

I3SBedy.png

shoulda seen this coming after Pac...biggie's headlining next year i hurrd

Deniro Farrar's version is better.

I'm assuming you're talking about that Q track? I like Farrar's version better from what little we've heard of Q's version.

Also, I can't believe we're seriously getting hologram performances from dead artists. This is crazy, like we in da future or something.

Recon

Banned
I didnt know what to think last year at the hologram shit. But it is obviously a money grab now and not a tribute, fuck Rock The Bells and anyone involved with this shit.

njean777

I literally have no idea what you're talking about, bro. 2013 has sucked for music. (HIP HIP MUSIC JITTERS)

August Burns Red is putting out a new album in a month (not hip hop) and BMTH's (not hip hop) album dropped earlier this year so no it hasn't sucked for music yet. Hip Hop has been a bit stale so far for me except for Rockies album, nothing has hooked me yet. Still waiting for Schoolboys album.

TangMeng

I did not expect a Weeknd/French collab to sound so good. I agree with Recon though, these Weeknd songs are really starting to run together.

mooooose

I listened to Setbacks in full at the gym again tonight. I haven't done that in awhile.

Other than a handful of songs, Q is so boring on this. His rhymes aren't tight at all, his flow is much more basic, the beats are definitely all TDE and at the time that wasn't something to write home about... and his subject matter hasn't changed much but he is definitely more focused. Here some of what he says sounds corny. Now, I believe it.

Kamikaze is a GOAT song. One of his best. Figg get the Money is really good. Other than that it's a pretty boring album IMO. If this was all I knew about Q, he'd be one boring dude.

I'm happy to see Bodega BAMZ on the Rock the Bells lineup. I wish it wasn't at the Meadowlands and still at Jones Beach. I hate festivals so I wouldn't go regardless but I'd consider it at Jones Beach.

mooooose

Hov x Rae, for some reason, makes me excited. I have no idea if it will actually happen but the idea of old NY rappers getting together to make music makes me happy.

An album with Wu, Jay, MOP, Boot Camp Clik, Mobb Deep, Nas. With RZA, Pete Rock, Premo, Alchemist, MOP, Havoc, Statik Selektah and company doing production... goddamn.

Pretty much how I felt about it as well and it the tempo was so samey on every beat.

My favorite song on it was Fuck Ya Hip-hop which was a bonus song. Underrated Q song without a doubt

Yeah, this song is dope. He sounds like a west coast 50 on this. Setbacks is definitely more 50, for better or worse. It also sounds way more west coast in terms of beats.

I dont know about those holograms man. Could be interesting, but seems like whoring out their names to me.

Wtf at Chase and Status playing RTB, I mean I like their music but its not exactly hip hop.

DominoKid

Hov x Rae, for some reason, makes me excited. I have no idea if it will actually happen but the idea of old NY rappers getting together to make music makes me happy.

An album with Wu, Jay, MOP, Boot Camp Clik, Mobb Deep, Nas. With RZA, Pete Rock, Premo, Alchemist, MOP, Havoc, Statik Selektah and company doing production... goddamn.

Yeah, this song is dope. He sounds like a west coast 50 on this. Setbacks is definitely more 50, for better or worse. It also sounds way more west coast in terms of beats.

yeah it only took em until way past their sell-by date to realize they could probably get over pretty well if they started working together. imagine if NY rappers in their prime were cartel'd up like that YMCMB/MMG/WTB shit.

IrishNinja

i really only fucked with Onyx on Bacdafukup or whatever it was, was anything past that good?

yeah it only took em until way past their sell-by date to realize they could probably get over pretty well if they started working together. imagine if NY rappers in their prime were cartel'd up like that YMCMB/MMG/WTB shit.

this really wouldn'tve worked for the most part like many here would want it to, between egos and silly shit. i cherish Wu, Def Squad & other supergroup albums we got for just that reason.

iavi

The holos are definitely results of whoring out the name, but there's that tiny bit inside of me that just needs to see that in person. Awe of the tech and all that. The other 75% wants to dismiss on principle.

mooooose

It wouldn't have been NY rap if they didn't have their egos. That's part of what makes NY great. The fact that French Montana and Dipset have such a deep hatred for each other still makes me happy.
i really only fucked with Onyx on Bacdafukup or whatever it was, was anything past that good?
Both of their next albums were even better. All We Got Iz Us is a classic IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciGN8nBWkRY

The holos are definitely results of whoring out the name, but there's that tiny bit inside of me that just needs to see that in person. Awe of the tech and all that. The other 75% wants to dismiss on principle.

I feel the same man. On the one hand Im like that shit isn't right. But then Im still thinking Id wanna see it in person.

DominoKid

this really wouldn'tve worked for the most part like many here would want it to, between egos and silly shit. i cherish Wu, Def Squad & other supergroup albums we got for just that reason.

money > egos.
always and forever.
thats why them dudes end up broke, hungry and hating.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So Canada is aborting their gangstas.
Yup. Y'all can keep Drizzy. Our gift to y'all. No, please, I insist.

That's sad. Are they music and/or internet aficionados?
Some are, most aren't. But he had frequent appearances on the Canadian version of TRL for a while and was one of the more frequent hosts of another show called Going Coastal, along with having his own segment from time to time (which is what the online intervews are). I certainly remember him and I wasn't deep into music or anything until recent years. Can't forget the theme song!

Oh god.. where is this headed.

IrishNinja

money > egos.
always and forever.
thats why them dudes end up broke, hungry and hating.

true, but...counterpoint: the dudes that stay around just for $ like we're pointing at now often don't do half as much for me as what say Tribe was able to put out (even when their label was screwing them outta $) consistently for years doe

mooooooooooooooooose kinda said it; better or worse that ego shit was part of the music..i don't wanna co-sign primadonna shit but still

ahaha my dude just wants to see me go in...alright then

CRS

Yup. Y'all can keep Drizzy. Our gift to y'all. No, please, I insist.

Some are, most aren't. But he had frequent appearances on the Canadian version of TRL for a while and was one of the more frequent hosts of another show called Going Coastal, along with having his own segment from time to time (which is what the online intervews are). I certainly remember him and I wasn't deep into music or anything until recent years. Can't forget the theme song!

I've seen Going Coastal mentioned in Nard's old videos from the early 90s.

Glad to see him using the internet to his advantage. Especially with hitting the SXSW musical acts which always have a big internet following.

Questlove expecting crazy musical references and still getting trumped was awesome.

That lineup is straight buttcheese

I love seeing some of those guys lives but every single year? Come on

And Cudi again? Dude was awful last year. Cole would have been light years better on the lineup.

DominoKid

Yeah they do 2 songs.

sn: watching that doc, it's weird that humble Kanye (relatively speaking) now seems like the personality that's out of character for him.

PBY

Banned
theraflu? seriously? lol

he's probably going to do two new songs
I'd be pissed if he did Cold. But then part of me wonders... What if he does it with that extended intro? That sample flip was so dope, would have made the album version 10x better

Doubt it tho.

IrishNinja

fuck the sega of the present, future, and christmas past

fuck that qte on wax shenmue

fuck sonic too

i see you tryin real hard Dr Dhalsim so ima break something down for you right quick

i get that ownership is a new concept for ya'll down in the shallow end of the river ganges or wherever

but in this culture it's usually frowned upon to speak on things you know not about

somethin to think on next time ya getting ya eyebrows threaded n whatever

Tokubetsu

I'm assuming you're talking about that Q track? I like Farrar's version better from what little we've heard of Q's version.

Also, I can't believe we're seriously getting hologram performances from dead artists. This is crazy, like we in da future or something.

The beat on Farrar's version is way more subtle.

Esch

Banned
i see you tryin real hard Dr Dhalsim so ima break something down for you right quick

i get that ownership is a new concept for ya'll down in the shallow end of the river ganges or wherever

but in this culture it's usually frowned upon to speak on things you know not about

somethin to think on next time ya getting ya eyebrows threaded n whatever
getting real mad and then coming at me on some race shit, i see you for you now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom