• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
lmao the most absurd part of that whole topic is that dude said his favorite hov album is Kingdom Come.

typical tasteless kanye fan

Recon

Banned
Who here uses FL? Starting to dabble... made a pretty basic beat, and want to find good packs to DL free or to buy... any suggestions? And just for giggles here is my first attempt at a beat (just a bar)..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25021028/firstflbeat.mp3

can't say I am proud per se.. but felt kinda good to make something at all

Not bad, I really like the bass, just dont give up. My stuff now is leagues better than when I first started out, and I still have a long ways to go.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
lmao the most absurd part of that whole topic is that dude said his favorite hov album is Kingdom Come.

typical tasteless kanye fan

kanye fans only fuck with BP. what are you on esch?

edit: shit, he didn't even know the album name...baseless shottttsss. fucking bolo fans, man.

codhand

i go away for three fuckin days and french drops a "classic", do you see what happens?

i'll see, but i have a feeling most of the french is just dressing

heey ooo

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What is taking so long? Pusha doesnt produce, and only writes about one subject. And we know GOOD dont care about proper mixing and mastering.
From what I gather, from his appearances on radio, etc. stretching back as far as the end of last year, he's still "waiting on beats." Been a consistent answer since.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Joell Ortiz - U.O.E.N.O. Remix.
“I’ma take her home and enjoy that, but shorty gonna know it!”
Joell a clown.

Birdman and Rick Ross dropping "The H" LP they recorded back in 2008. Out next Thursday.

The People vs. Flatbush Zombies.

Dre and Iovine donate $70 million to USC to set up their own school for business in the arts. And a follow up interview...

And, does this program mean that Detox will be further delayed?
Dr. Dre: No, I'm more inspired to go back into the studio now. Beats is rolling, this thing is happening, and it's incredible. Now I'm ready to go back to my first love.

Jimmy Iovine: You know he was always making music. You know just look at Kendrick Lamar. If not for Dr. Dre, Kendrick Lamar wouldn't be what he is today. I think Kendrick Lamar is arguably the most important rapper to come in a long time. In my opinion, as far as Dre's business is concerned, I think he is doing a lot for hip-hop, with Kendrick Lamar.

Dr. Dre: I'm going back to the studio. Not for any specific reason, but just to record because I love to record music. I'm going back in and hopefully the next Kendrick Lamar or the next Eminem walks in the door and I can work with that artist. I'm going to record forever.

lawl

Need a new gunplay tape asap. He's so good on features and bible on the dash was one of the best songs last year too

Edit: lmao at that Dre interview. Sure he's always in the studio...but nothing leaves that studio

Good on him and lovine for that donation though

DominoKid

He's right, does gunplay have any hype?

Nope. I've come around on Basehead tho. He cool. His verse on Finals is my favorite

ibuLcfVd6vqZPH.gif

this is a thing??? does this mean the YOLO tape exists too??????????????

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Not bad, I really like the bass, just dont give up. My stuff now is leagues better than when I first started out, and I still have a long ways to go.

Seriously the first time I really sat down and tried.

I need more sounds for FL... So, looking for free packs, or good ones to buy..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just watched the Kanye videos.

Awesome sounds better in that video than what we've gotten in the past. Moderately excited.

Yeezy Season sounds dope as fuck.

That stage with the pyramid is dope as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Rant was underwhelming. I give it a 7/10 on realness tho.

DominoKid

^^^ maybe he didnt sign a Beats deal although i cant imagine why he wouldnt. Can you actually buy the artists special Beats?

we havent posted sales in a while so...

#2. The Great Gatsby Soundtrack - 137,000 (137,000)

#12. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist - 30,000 (703,000) <- shit i figured it was plat by now)

#22. Lil Wayne - I Am Not A Human Being II - 18,000 (423,000)

#43 Kid Cudi - Indicud - 10,555 (193,200 total).

#48. Talib Kweli - Prisoner Of Conscious - 9,900 (10,000)

#52. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city - 9,000 (887,000) <- same w/ macklemore

#66 Tyga - Hotel California - 7,462 (101,007 total)

#83. LL Cool J - Authentic - 5,500 (20,000)

#84 Miguel - Kaleidoscope Dream- 5,484 (405,056 total).

#93. The Uncluded (Aesop Rock & Kimya Dawson) - Hokey Fright - 5,000 (5,000)

#98. Snoop Lion - Reincarnated - 4,700 (35,000)

#99 ASAP Rocky - Long.Live.A$AP - 4,643 (346,454 total). <- they need to put that Fashion Killa out for the white girls and get to gold.

#109. Mike Stud - Relief - 4,200 (4,200)

#152 T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head - 3,279 (464,810 total). <- curious to see what happens w/ his new deal.

#157. Rittz - The Life & Times Of Jonny Valiant - 3,200 (17,000)

#178 2 Chaaaaaainz - Based On A T.R.U. Story - 2,810, (600,457 total). <- not bad.

Blackace

I know someone uses FL here

Just wondering a DL pack like the Lex Luger pack is worth 20 dollars or if someone could point me to some good DLs

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just watched the Kanye videos.

Awesome sounds better in that video than what we've gotten in the past. Moderately excited.

Yeezy Season sounds dope as fuck.

That stage with the pyramid is dope as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Rant was underwhelming. I give it a 7/10 on realness tho.

Is there another link. The first got smashed.

PBY

Banned
I know someone uses FL here

Just wondering a DL pack like the Lex Luger pack is worth 20 dollars or if someone could point me to some good DLs
I don't use FL but I have, and I know they're stock sounds suck. Ive never bought sounds, but I have a bunch that I've gotten from producer friends.

Blackace

I don't use FL but I have, and I know they're stock sounds suck. Ive never bought sounds, but I have a bunch that I've gotten from producer friends.
Would you be willing to hook a brother up with some?

DominoKid

Tim Dog faked his own death?

(Southaven, MS) A woman who was swindled by a famous rapper says &#8216;Tim Dog&#8217; may be up to his biggest scam yet.
The rapper reportedly died in February, but the Mid-South woman he scammed believes the con man may have faked his own death.
Timothy Blair, more commonly known as Tim Dog, owes her money.
When he was reported dead, she says, all the payments stopped.
He got famous in the 90s for his song about Compton, but Tim Dog&#8217;s lasting legacy, in Esther Pilgrim&#8217;s mind, will be something else, &#8220;He really thinks he can outsmart everybody.&#8221;
She says the rapper swindled her out $32,000, &#8220;A fictitious business deal.&#8221;
She&#8217;s not the only one who says Tim Dog is a con man.
&#8220;Twenty victims have contacted me personally from around the world,&#8221; she said.
In 2011, a Mississippi judge ordered Blair to pay her back, &#8220;One hundred dollars per month.&#8221;
Esther says she received those payments up until she got the phone call that Tim Dog was dead.
In February, media outlets, including Rolling Stone, reported the 46-year-old rapper died from complications of diabetes.
Esther says at first, she believed it like everybody else.
Then she did some digging, &#8220;There was nothing of what you would normally find. What city? Who found him? There was nothing with any type of concrete details.&#8221;
She even had a friend go down to Atlanta this week, where he allegedly died, to find his death certificate, &#8220;They weren&#8217;t able to find any record of his death.&#8221;
In fact, News Channel 3 used private investigator Andy Wilson who said he couldn&#8217;t find a death record for Timothy Blair either.
Esther says Tim Dog owes upwards of $2 million to people around the world and she believes his own death might be just be his biggest con yet, &#8220;Oh, I think there is a great chance that he&#8217;s alive.&#8221;
A private investigator has also confirmed an active address for Blair in Atlanta as of April.
Blair has allegedly been dead since February 14th.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just listened to that Ethel Wulf. This would be incredible if this absolutely fucking HORRRRRRIBLE rapper wasn't on here. Holy shit, could you be any more soulless and any less charismatic? I was expecting at least something serviceable, maybe just as uninspired but I cringe when dude starts rapping, and even harder when he tries to sing.

This would've been great as a beat tape but it's one of those cases where artist active detracts from the songs and the beats. The real definition of phoned in.

Cudder

Just listened to that Ethel Wulf. This would be incredible if this absolutely fucking HORRRRRRIBLE rapper wasn't on here. Holy shit, could you be any more soulless and any less charismatic? I was expecting at least something serviceable, maybe just as uninspired but I cringe when dude starts rapping, and even harder when he tries to sing.

This would've been great as a beat tape but it's one of those cases where artist active detracts from the songs and the beats. The real definition of phoned in.

i mean, has he ever said anything with any substance?

this might sound weird (I agreed with you at first about how shit his raps are), but I kinda like that these beats have a lazy, monotone flow on them. last thing I want is some rapper "going in" over beats like these. the tape is just so chillll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom