• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New summer beat yall. Panda Bear sample, got inspired by the gawds Daft Punk.

http://limelinx.com/9bvk
Man, this is straight fire!

yep. he had one on Hip Hop is Dead. actually my favorite song on the album. Blunt Ashes.
i didn't believe it was the same CWebb for the longest even though the liner notes were staring me in the face.
The Nas song blunt ashes is CWebb
&This is blowing my mind...I always thought it was just some random Chris Webber.

DominoKid

a0D4rBG.png

dem triple album numbers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, I know they got a lot of shit, but there was things about Hollywood Undead's Swan Songs that I really liked. I never really listened to them after that but recently went back and listened to their new stuff.

What the fuck. It's like a different band. All the lyrics about ridiculous partying has been replaced with some tumblr jpg lyric posts about being a lion.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Oh and Domino, French didn't pay for any of the features, he said they all did it for free and kinds implied he just would have to return the favor

Always thought this would be the best way to go. Especially if you just want to get your name out there.

Speaking of French's album, depressing as fuck. So many great beats wasted on that nursery school motherfucker. Oh well.

codhand

Speaking of French's album, depressing as fuck. So many great beats wasted on that nursery school motherfucker. Oh well.

haha true

some hilarious lines from wayne and future on here

all my hoes pretty
all my knee'as crazy
we sell that white sell that brown
call it rice and gravy

Ted Dibiasi in Versace loafers /
All you talkin' shit knee'a holitosis

but i, i do....."like" this album... this must mean the end is near..

not feelin that daft punk album tho, easy listening ass bs, no but seriously, the best track is lucky, a blatant mj cc

the moroder interview at the beginning of his track, not sure what they were thinking if that was like the 2013 equivalent of Little Fluffy Clouds or something....

and panda bear? jesus, watch his interview for the collab, what is that guy on?

i think mostly, the slick marketing and hype made this an inevitable disappointment for me, i realize this will be unpopular opinion, but better i shit up here than the daft punk stans in the OT,

siddx

Yeah its been hard to keep up being so busy, I hardly get on gaf, but im pretty sure I have downloaded and listened to every single mix. Listened to traprap tonight actually, I enjoyed some of it but I think I need to be more fucked up to truly appreciate it.

siddx

If by complete garbage you mean perfect summer album, I agree. It's pretty awesome loving music.

Also, that French goes hard in my rap car.

I can't even comprehend that. It sounds like fucking elevator music.

codhand

Do you even Animal Collective Codhand?

i recall everyone going ape shit over merriweather, and listening once or twice, and feeling like it was a bit cheesy, too busy sonically, and too temporal--meaning i felt it wouldnt age well--i would go back to animal collective, and try again,

daft punk dont have to make albums to please me personally, but this is not what i wanted from a daft punk album, additionally the notion that anything on it is new or innovative i find to be completely misleading, the track lucky hints at what could have been i felt, honestly the original 15 second sound snippet was my fave part of the entire album

i love electronic music because of bands like daft punk, orbital, orb, aphex twin etc, so im no stranger

whoa, cool

Recon

Banned
i recall everyone going ape shit over merriweather, and listening once or twice, and feeling like it was a bit cheesy, too busy sonically, and too temporal--meaning i felt it wouldnt age well--i would go back to animal collective, and try again,

daft punk dont have to make albums to please me personally, but this is not what i wanted from a daft punk album, additionally the notion that anything on it is new or innovative i find to be completely misleading, the track lucky hints at what could have been i felt, honestly the original 15 second sound snippet was my fave part of the entire album

i love electronic music because of bands like daft punk, orbital, orb, aphex twin etc, so im no stranger

whoa, cool

Is anyone claiming it is groundbreaking or innovative? I just appreciate that it is different.

codhand

Is anyone claiming it is groundbreaking or innovative? I just appreciate that it is different.

yes, the marketing videos feat, ferret, moroder, panda bore, etc, all hailed it as new, innovative, the return to true musicianship, the return of real dance music etc etc etc

now even if i extract the hype out of it, i can see theyve done something different for themselves, but certainly not for music on the whole,

i used to watch MTV amp, at 3am back in my less dusty days, and seeing Around the World, or Da funk, come on TV, were some of my favorite memories....
--

this gets my highest recommendation
http://djfrane.bandcamp.com/album/hi-dusty-stranger

codhand

Oh shit. The RAM arguments are infiltrating this thread.

I think it's a great album. It's pretty damn divisive it seems.

sorry, it's not that bad of an album i guess, it's more of a solid album that suffers greatly from expectations, with a couple of real turkey tracks

i think motherboard and a few other tracks are great, just dont wanna hear that weak yacht rock

Recon

Banned
yes, the marketing videos feat, ferret, moroder, panda bore, etc, all hailed it as new, innovative, the return to true musicianship, the return of real dance music etc etc etc

now even if i extract the hype out of it, i can see theyve done something different for themselves, but certainly not for music on the whole,

i used to watch MTV amp, at 3am back in my less dusty days, and seeing Around the World, or Da funk, come on TV, were some of my favorite memories....
--

this gets my highest recommendation
http://djfrane.bandcamp.com/album/hi-dusty-stranger

I had zero expectations for it since electronic music isn't something I have normally fucked with. Hype up anything enough and it will disappoint.

siddx

Disappointed with ram. Been a Daft Punk fan for years. Guess I expected too much

Yeah I mean, I'm not a huge fan, but I've enjoyed the hell out of some past daft punk efforts. This one just feels like the kind of shit they play at dentist offices to help you relax. Its just boring as fuck.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Disappointed with ram. Been a Daft Punk fan for years. Guess I expected too much

Yeah I mean, I'm not a huge fan, but I've enjoyed the hell out of some past daft punk efforts. This one just feels like the kind of shit they play at dentist offices to help you relax. Its just boring as fuck.
They said they were tired of their old stuff in the Rolling Stones interview. I'm a fan of this new album but I understand the dislike.

I've had it on repeat though.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is Stay Trippy still dropping on July 2, 2013 or is it going to get pushed back again?

Feel like this shit was supposed to drop for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom