• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeah, I don't know why people act like this is some new thing from Kanye. He's literally been rapping about these issues for the past 7 years. In fact I wish he would rap about something else which is hopefully what the rest of the songs on the album are for.

I'm ready for a PoliSci Kanye album. I think he's smart enough not to talk about being abducted by aliens, conspiracy or get too corny with it. And he makes good enough music to keep me interested when he does get a bit too goofy.

With all the Kanye discussion going on here, I can only imagine what the KTT forums look like. 0.o

What are everyone's favorite cross-genre works (meaning, artists featured on/producing music outside of their wheelhouse)? Paul Bank's recent hip-hop endeavor comes to mind.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yeah, I don't know why people act like this is some new thing from Kanye. He's literally been rapping about these issues for the past 7 years. In fact I wish he would rap about something else which is hopefully what the rest of the songs on the album are for.

well, most of the people saying that shit in the OT side probably know yeezy for flashing lights and his more "light hearted" fair. It's pretty easy to hit skip on an album and look for the hits.

6l3WiBR.jpg

link it up breh, lookin for some lulz during lunch.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I posted this earlier. I really liked it, but it didnt seem like anyone else did. solid production. did you check Your Favorite MC's by Reef? Thats also really good.

nah I haven't, I'll go and check it out in a bit tho.

Esch

Banned
Wanted to say thanks to WanderingWind and peterboy.

I ended up calling some big shot lawyer downtown and he took my case against my former employer for free (with 1/3 of whatever I get as payment).

I'm betting they settle with me out of court so they don't lose their contract with the utility.

Thanks for the tip guys.
Take those fuck boys to church. Hope you hit it big and good luck w/ the interviews

Oh shit. My girlfriend bought me tickets to see Danny Brown tonight.

(Hopefully he doesn't get sexually assaulted on stage).
lupe1.png

better keep an eye on her breh

HiResDes

Since there's been a bit of a drought, I'm gonna give a quick preview of my what my Q2 wrapup would look like so far:

Mixtapes

1. Big K.R.I.T. - King Remembered
2. Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap
3. B.I.C. - Influence
4. J. Lately & J. Good - PB&Js
5. Sahtyre - Prelude (LSD)
6. Nike Nando - SPRDLV
7. Scotty - F.A.I.T.H.
8. Bones - Teenager
9. Eddie B - Horsepower
10. Bukkwheat Bill - 8886

...Pusha Man converted me as a fan of Chance, after not feeling his previous efforts. Also if you don't have one of these and would like a link just ask

Tokubetsu

Why isn't it June Eighteen yet?

Since there's been a bit of a drought, I'm gonna give a quick preview of my what my Q2 wrapup would look like so far:

Mixtapes

1. Big K.R.I.T. - King Remembered
2. Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap
3. B.I.C. - Influence
4. J. Lately & J. Good - PB&Js
5. Sahtyre - Prelude (LSD)
6. Nike Nando - SPRDLV
7. Scotty - F.A.I.T.H.
8. Bones - Teenager
9. Eddie B - Horsepower
10. Bukkwheat Bill - 8886

...Pusha Man converted me as a fan of Chance, after not feeling his previous efforts. Also if you don't have one of these and would like a link just ask

Tree's tape is better than 2-10 on that list.

HiResDes

Sahtyre's wordplay is killing other swag artists including A$AP -

"my posse gettin saucy, carlo rossi at the roxy, off that oxy plus im with that bitch named margeret... i mean molly. get her wet like dasani. i mean wet like tsunami. then im killin that punani in this piece (peace) like ghandi."

cacophony

Dope - 25
Nope - 88

...The people have spoken

you should like this.

Details about the LP are still pretty loose, but we do know that it probably features the tracks "New Slaves" (the Frank Ocean-featuring track that he projected on buildings all over the world) and "Black Skinhead" (which he performed on "SNL"). The Haxan Cloak and Evian Christ contributed beats, and rumors have been circulating about collaborations from Daft Punk, Skrillex, Chief Keef, Young Chop, TNGHT, Odd Future, King L, and more.

DominoKid

"So many people get caught up in trying to re-make their first album and it's impossible for me to make another College Dropout but I can make the best Graduation and best 808s that I can make and that's how I think you keep on advancing as an artist. So few hip hop artists have ever advanced. Their songs on their 7th, 8th albums sound exactly like the songs on their first album. More than the artist, I'm a real person and real people grow. I want to sing my growth." - Kanye West from VH1 Storytellers

i actually forgot about this until pulled up that album.

so that's that pretty much. no looking back, and thats how it should be.

Recon

Banned
"So many people get caught up in trying to re-make their first album and it's impossible for me to make another College Dropout but I can make the best Graduation and best 808s that I can make and that's how I think you keep on advancing as an artist. So few hip hop artists have ever advanced. Their songs on their 7th, 8th albums sound exactly like the songs on their first album. More than the artist, I'm a real person and real people grow. I want to sing my growth." - Kanye West from VH1 Storytellers

i actually forgot about this until pulled up that album.

so that's that pretty much. no looking back, and thats how it should be.

I agree. I just happen to find mbdtf a big let down. I am hyped for whatever Yeezus brings me.

Just discovered them. Will cop later. There's too much good music out right now. Currently enjoying the new PVGVN and SZA releases.

EDIT: This Still Corners album. Nice.
itsbBr9hfNs7X.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom