• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Em could drop an absolute turd and it'd be ridiculously successful. We know this, his recent history shows just that.

Kanye doesn't have the same commercial appeal he once had, at his height which was probably Graduation. Post-Mercy and WTT though, things could change. Kanye will always do solid numbers but he's pretty much villainized in popular media today and that's a permanent hit on his appeal at large which was once greater. That's why MBDTF only did like 600k of so the first week. We all have those friends who think Kanye West suddenly became an asshole years ago and might fuck with his current music but hate the dude for who he is too much to go check anything out beyond singles.

600k is what a million in a week used to be. And even Em I think only did 700k by comparison first week of Recovery. Kanye's controversy if anything helps him. And if the production is up to snuff, he will do huge #s first week and overall.

PBY

Banned
HRD, despite the struggle mix on the tape, I'm digging it a ton.

Needed something new, I've been in a mixtape drought since acid raps

DominoKid

So that's what Bangalter was alluding to in that recent RS interview. Curious to see OF's contribution. I bet Tyler gets a feature.

oh god no. i like OF, but i cant get with that.

only rap guests i want to hear on this album are Pusha, Jay (obligatory) and maybe Travis.

So Daft Punk worked on Black Skinhead

really. now that's interesting. i was thinking that it sounded sort of like a 2013 Human After All track.

HiResDes

HRD, despite the struggle mix on the tape, I'm digging it a ton.

Needed something new, I've been in a mixtape drought since acid raps

I'd say if they can get someone to mix their shit and some good features they'd have a really good tape. Fat Trel would sound good over a lot of those beats.

DominoKid

Yeezus already inspiring rappers before it even drops.

Speaking to MTV News' Sway Calloway, Lamar offered his thoughts on one of the year's most anticipated albums: Kanye West's as-yet-untitled sixth album. Like most of us, Lamar checked out West's "New Slaves"
 when it dropped on Friday, but, also like us, he said he "couldn't quite get the quality right" on the song that mysteriously appeared as part of a global stunt during which it was screened on 66 buildings across the planet.

"It sounded crazy," he said of the tune. "That whole marketing scheme is crazy. It's very inspiring. After a while you get to a point in hip-hop where certain tactics get watered down. How much music can you release on the internet to get it hot? How many singles can you put out. How many videos can you possibly do."

So, Kanye doing things the way he did is just West being the genius that he is, Lamar said, challenging the game and raising stakes once again with an album that's rumored to be titled Yeezus. "That's crazy, I want to hear that," Lamar said. "That's that creative Kanye genius stuff out the box ... whatever way is his way of being creative and getting his message across through that album, that's the culture. I can't wait to hear it."

oh god no. i like OF, but i cant get with that.

only rap guests i want to hear on this album are Pusha, Jay (obligatory) and maybe Travis.

Even worse. A Tyler-produced track. Or perhaps Earl will make an appearance.

To Siddx, peter, and all of the other creatives in here - Who/what are your main influences (musicians and non-musicians alike)?

HiResDes

kanye-west-rolling-stone.jpg

-GJ-

Sup guys?

I already posted this on KTT but I forgot to post it here.

I extracted the AC3 audiotrack from the 720p mkv and converted it to a WAVE file. Then I cut the songs out, adjusted the volume levels, made the songs blend into each other, and bounced them as 320 kbp/s mp3's. This is probably the highest quality you're going to get from this performance. This isn't recorded from a stream or whatever.

Enjoy!

Kanye West - Not For Sale - Live at SNL
00frontcover.png

http://coversbygj.tumblr.com/post/50820067632/kanye-west-not-for-sale-live-at-snl-01-black

01. Black Skinheads
02. New Slaves

Download
http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/18781725/file.html

kamspy

Wanted to say thanks to WanderingWind and peterboy.

I ended up calling some big shot lawyer downtown and he took my case against my former employer for free (with 1/3 of whatever I get as payment).

I'm betting they settle with me out of court so they don't lose their contract with the utility.

Thanks for the tip guys.

DominoKid

La Musica ‏@HarryFraud 19m
Sequencing the stories that saaab...

YUNG RICK PITINO ‏@ActionBronson 33m
Finishing SAAAB STORIES WIT MY BROTHA @HarryFraud RIGHT NOW. THIS WILL BE OUT EARLY JUNE 10000000% no matter what
Retweeted by La Musica

i dont even like Bronson like that but i know Fraud got some heat lined up for this.

Recon

Banned
I really didnt like the new Yeezus tracks at first, but after listening to them a few times, I cant wait for the new album.

Sup guys?

I already posted this on KTT but I forgot to post it here.
01. Black Skinheads
02. New Slaves

Great quality. Appreciate it, duder. There's some good stuff over at KTT. I need to venture outside of GAF more often.

Side-note: "Giorgio by Moroder" might be my favorite song released so far this year. Legit made my eyes moist on first listen. "Instant Crush" is a close second.

CRS

More than saw U leave?!?!??!?! Wow. Great choice, regardless.

Mine is probably saw U leave by Lil SAD, Kurokumo by Ethelwulf, Game of Love by Daft Punk, Warsaw by Dessa, or Oh Well by The Doppelgangaz.

Oh and thanks for posting that Blanco Yamaguchi track Des and thanks Esch for the shoutout. Trill Nujabes is fucking spot on. This is what Nujabes' tracks would sound like if he was from Texas working with UGK.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Really like new kanye. Love the punk influence, always been a fan of more aggressive hip hop. I even dig the screams on Black Skin Head.

It's okay, but can't get past someone as shallow as Kanye talking about injustice without thinking it is all calculated to get a check. Sounds a lot more genuine from Killer Mike.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
is it because no one buys his records?

No, because it is a constant theme in Mike's records. Record sales has no bearing on my thoughts of where someone is coming from.

Everything Kanye does is calculated and part of a plan to maximize his brand. This is just the next thing. How he is going to twist this when he is on the reality show, I don't know.

edit - Not putting any opinion about the quality of the music, just my thoughts on Militant West. I probably am being too critical though.

DominoKid

No, because it is a constant theme in Mike's records. Record sales has no bearing on my thoughts of where someone is coming from.

Everything Kanye does is calculated and part of a plan to maximize his brand. This is just the next thing. How he is going to twist this when he is on the reality show, I don't know.

edit - Not putting any opinion about the quality of the music, just my thoughts on Militant West. I probably am being too critical though.

and it is in Kanye's too. it always has been. ex: Spaceship on College Dropout. shit, people complained about how pro-Black WTT and it wasnt even that bad really.

now he's just putting it front and center, and pushing it to an extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom