• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

If that Q song is on Oxymoron I'll be disappointed. Just a boring song. Yay Yay, Man of the Year, and Gangsta have the potential to be three of Q's BEST songs. This song sounds like a shitty version of Party which was already a meh song (but so hype live).

Recon

Banned
If that Q song is on Oxymoron I'll be disappointed. Just a boring song. Yay Yay, Man of the Year, and Gangsta have the potential to be three of Q's BEST songs. This song sounds like a shitty version of Party which was already a meh song (but so hype live).

Shit sounds dope to me. First thing I have heard of Q since H&C.

Something that came out of a "lets get high and make music" session the other day. Made around 11 beats that night, this one isnt my favorite, but it samples a video game. Dark Souls fans should like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cui3j2b70gb2dta/Blinding_Dawn.mp3

i0h5emFMinw6u.gif

This is nice. It's great to see more Dark Souls love. Main influences/inspirations?

Haha thanks, I actually have only played about 10 minutes of Dark Souls. And my influences are jazz hop to trap music, just a bunch of shit.

Last page, you mentioned you needed a proper mixing setup. I've heard good things about the VRM Box. Let's you mix on a variety of speakers and monitors in a few different room types. Might be worth checking out.

Recon

Banned
Last page, you mentioned you needed a proper mixing setup. I've heard good things about the VRM Box. Let's you mix on a variety of speakers and monitors in a few different room types. Might be worth checking out.

I have a USB interface, problem is I need studio monitors. Plus I want a better mixer for recording.

That Q track sounds good to me. I only listened to 1 verse though, as I don't want to overplay anything before Oxymoron comes out...

....but I'm still playing There He Go like it just released soooooo

mooooose

I don't love the new Q but it is definitely growing on me and will probably fit very well in the album.

So far Oxymoron is...

Yay Yay
Gangsta
Man of the Year
Hell Of A Night
Druggys wit Hoes, Part Trois
Eat

That is solid as fuck...

Bishman

I realized today why Ab-Soul "sucks" now. Since CS he's only done features and whenever he is on a song with normal rappers with good flow, Ab-Soul's flow makes him sound fucking stupid. Rather than sound like an idiot savant, like on his own stuff, he sounds really dumb.

This is the dumbest post I've seen in a long time.

mooooose

I think you could give ANYONE the Wu catalog, have them start from the beginning and they will eventually love rap and Wu.

36 Chambers > Tical > Return to 36 Chambers > Only Built 4 Cuban Linx > Liquid Swords > Ironman > Wu-Tang Forever

Has there ever been a crew that had such an IMPECCABLE run? All 7 albums are 10/10. I don't know if it was talent + control of the crew, but after Forever it all went to shit. Since then we had Blackout, The W, Supreme Clientele, Bulletproof Wallets, and that's about it for 10/10. And The W is a stretch/personal preference.

I just think Wu is such a waste because they could be The Beatles of rap is a GOOD way. The way they treat their legacy makes them seem so... classless. I guess it's hard to say they had class considering they are all former dust heads but they definitely just said fuck all to trying to quality and innovation when they saw they could make money by shitting out indie LPs and touring to colleges and countries that just got Iron Flag off whatever the local Kazaa alternative.

This is the dumbest post I've seen in a long time.
It's truth.

edit - Also this was the best song on OB4CL 2. No question.

We Will Rob You

A) Raekwon storytelling WASN'T CORNY. He didn't repeat words to rhyme, he had swagger, and the story WENT SOMEWHERE, partially thanks to...

B) GZA! This verse is old, but JESUS he KILLED IT. Supreme alphabets, great imagery, some great vocab. Just science dropped. Has GZA ever had such a straight forward storytelling verse? It was amazing.

C) Slick Rick! Sadly on the chorus. It was a great chorus. I have no idea why he didn't just get a verse because the only downside of the song was...

NEGATIVE) Masta Killa. What the fuck. The song is so thematically straight forward, how did he fuck this up? Just total shit. If it ended with GZA it would've been great.

D) The beat! Produced by GZA's son and RZA! Dude has talent. Sounds like a classic Wu beat to me and fit the song perfectly.

OB4CL 2 was a big disappointment but I guess it wasn't horrible compared to all the absolute shit Wu put out from 1999 to 2008.

cryptic

Damn. I've been trying to get back into making beats cause I have nothing better to do, but immediately I realize how near impossible it is to get good drums for the samples and on top of that, get them to fit.
It would help if I knew where to look for drum kits cause I'm basically stuck with fruity loop basics as is so that make's it hard to put something together good.
For now I've just been cutting drums from tracks where I can but it's just hard to make it all come full circle.
It sucks the most cause I really want to get into this.

Tokubetsu

I think you could give ANYONE the Wu catalog, have them start from the beginning and they will eventually love rap and Wu.

36 Chambers > Tical > Return to 36 Chambers > Only Built 4 Cuban Linx > Liquid Swords > Ironman > Wu-Tang Forever

Has there ever been a crew that had such an IMPECCABLE run? All 7 albums are 10/10. I don't know if it was talent + control of the crew, but after Forever it all went to shit. Since then we had Blackout, The W, Supreme Clientele, Bulletproof Wallets, and that's about it for 10/10. And The W is a stretch/personal preference.

I just think Wu is such a waste because they could be The Beatles of rap is a GOOD way. The way they treat their legacy makes them seem so... classless. I guess it's hard to say they had class considering they are all former dust heads but they definitely just said fuck all to trying to quality and innovation when they saw they could make money by shitting out indie LPs and touring to colleges and countries that just got Iron Flag off whatever the local Kazaa alternative.

It's truth.

edit - Also this was the best song on OB4CL 2. No question.

We Will Rob You

A) Raekwon storytelling WASN'T CORNY. He didn't repeat words to rhyme, he had swagger, and the story WENT SOMEWHERE, partially thanks to...

B) GZA! This verse is old, but JESUS he KILLED IT. Supreme alphabets, great imagery, some great vocab. Just science dropped. Has GZA ever had such a straight forward storytelling verse? It was amazing.

C) Slick Rick! Sadly on the chorus. It was a great chorus. I have no idea why he didn't just get a verse because the only downside of the song was...

NEGATIVE) Masta Killa. What the fuck. The song is so thematically straight forward, how did he fuck this up? Just total shit. If it ended with GZA it would've been great.

D) The beat! Produced by GZA's son and RZA! Dude has talent. Sounds like a classic Wu beat to me and fit the song perfectly.

OB4CL 2 was a big disappointment but I guess it wasn't horrible compared to all the absolute shit Wu put out from 1999 to 2008.

Let it go moose. You beating a dead horse. No one gives a shit anymore.

mooooose

Its a weekly occurrence that I get high and put on the Wu/Dipset discography and just get upset that they aren't still relevant and go on their Wikipedias and look where the downfalls were and just get sad.

Yo I'm watching parenthood right now and this shit seems like a family bible on how to handle situations.

Aspergers moose? What makes you think that

Recon

Banned
Damn. I've been trying to get back into making beats cause I have nothing better to do, but immediately I realize how near impossible it is to get good drums for the samples and on top of that, get them to fit.
It would help if I knew where to look for drum kits cause I'm basically stuck with fruity loop basics as is so that make's it hard to put something together good.
For now I've just been cutting drums from tracks where I can but it's just hard to make it all come full circle.
It sucks the most cause I really want to get into this.

Just keep at it. Shit will click eventually. There are tons of drum samples out there, just google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom