• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

i have very few nice things to say about little brother. even when i was into that sort of shit (high school), i never liked them. funny too because they're from NC.

Little Brother were the poster child of rap duos where one dude completely outshines the other. Phonte is one of the best rappers alive, skill and lyrics rise. Whereas Pooh is from the Guilty Simpson School of Mediocre Rhymes. He's not bad...just so ordinary. He did get better on the Minstrel Show though.

Don't get me started on those Fruity Loops drums...

DominoKid

my last.fm recommendations are absolutely shot. all the rap i've been listening too has ruined it. i need a new tool to find new artists.

DominoKid

it aint a problem w/ the music itself. i just don't need it to tell me about artists i already know about. i had to X out a whole page because it was like Fat Trel, SD, Slim Dunkin, etc. artist's i've already filtered out on my own. last.fm used to be how i kept up my musical diversity.

Look up at artist and/or genre and see what Related Artists pop up.

yeah i'm checking the artist pages and genre tags more.

edit: it's determined to get me to listen to Sky Ferreira.

iavi

my last.fm recommendations are absolutely shot. all the rap i've been listening too has ruined it. i need a new tool to find new artists.

I think I find more new artists through YT recs now more than anything.

Everyone tries to put their beat foot forward for PVs too, so by sticking to YT, it helps filter in ways too.

RJT

Little Brother were the poster child of rap duos where one dude completely outshines the other. Phonte is one of the best rappers alive, skill and lyrics rise. Whereas Pooh is from the Guilty Simpson School of Mediocre Rhymes. He's not bad...just so ordinary. He did get better on the Minstrel Show though.

Don't get me started on those Fruity Loops drums...

I literally laughed out loud when Murs said:

"To answer all the rumors that been shooting through your group:
Yes 9th really does make these beats on Fruity Loops"

Recon

Banned
Happy Bday, fam! Pour a shot for me.

ibvEFVQDVRm2Mt.gif

Happy day of vagina escape Recon.

Happy birthday, man. I'll be there in December.

So Kendrick is supporting Eminem here in Dublin in August, then the Wu a week after.

August is gonna be good.

Happy birthday Recon, yeah, you are old.
Im 23 in like 30 days

happy bday recon.

happy birthday 2 recon.

since we're talking birthdays, mine is in three days, i'm going to be 47.

Thanks guys!

DominoKid

Fuck. I did so bad on my math final. Always have had trouble with math.

How did you guys do?

I just didn't take math. Only math class I ever had in college was some HS level stats class. It's funny because math is my best subject when I put my mind to it but I just don't like doing it.

I enjoy writing way more and I'm also pretty good at that. Surprisingly good compared to the rest of my classmates. I don't understand how you get into a field where writing is like 70% of the work and you fucking suck at it. Shit I don't know how you get to college and can't write. It used to crack me up whenever we got assignments returned back and mine was used as the standard for what level you should be at. Folks that used to hate on me were begging me to help them become better writers, proofread their shit, edit their articles, etc. I really couldn't help em though because there's no technique to it. I just write and it comes out awesome.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
There is a reason why my career choices have been far away from any math that isn't about adding or subtracting numbers. I sucked at calculus and geometry and advanced algebra because who the fuck cares? Hate math equations with a passion.

f0rk

Had the first exam of the final semester of my maths degree today actually. I get pretty good grades but I still feel like I know nothing. The subject just goes on forever

Fuck. I did so bad on my math final. Always have had trouble with math.

How did you guys do?
It's all good man. I almost got kicked out of college because I failed a bunch of classes. It definitely hit me pretty hard but I managed to flip it and get past it. Looking back though, I really made a big deal out of nothing. I still graduated and I still got a job so I made it out alive even with all of that.

As far as math goes, hitting up my professor's/TA's office hours really helped me out.

I am pretty great at math and accounting, but yeah I just don't like it at all especially accounting. It can be so time consuming to figure where you made mistakes.

Happy birthday recon

Tokubetsu

Whenever I get unbearably :(, I listen to Big K.R.I.T. and it cheers me up a bit. There's definitely a healing factor to his music.

kamspy

It clicked with me that all those scary ass advanced algebra+ equations all break down to basic math. The trick is just knowing how to chop up the equations into the basic math problems.

Recon

Banned
Happy B-day recon,

bump something you love that everybody else hates,

and stick your nose up at them.

Recon happy bday.

Happy birthday recon (Yoda)

Happy birthday, duder. What's on the birthday mix?

Trapped in 2012.

Happy born day Recon

happy birthday recon

I am pretty great at math and accounting, but yeah I just don't like it at all especially accounting. It can be so time consuming to figure where you made mistakes.

Happy birthday recon

Why aint i at home, happy bday Yoda

Thanks guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom