• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadAli

Neo Member
#175. Gucci Mane - Trap House III - 2,500 (2,500)

KuGsj.gif

No buzz, no hype;

just released to the wolves.

Yeah really strange. I can't be the only person who, despite being a fan, doesn't remember Trap House 1 or 2. It's even more confusing when you throw in the 900 Trap mixtapes he's been involved in this year.

It's actually a pretty decent release as well, some solid work on there.

DominoKid

Yeah really strange. I can't be the only person who, despite being a fan, doesn't remember Trap House 1 or 2. It's even more confusing when you throw in the 900 Trap mixtapes he's been involved in this year.

It's actually a pretty decent release as well, some solid work on there.

i have Trap House 1. i SWEAR there's no such thing as a Trap House 2 though. i know when he announced the title i thought "he made a 2nd one???"

SadAli

Neo Member
i have Trap House 1. i SWEAR there's no such thing as a Trap House 2 though. i know when he announced the title i thought "he made a 2nd one???"

Oh wait, Trap House is the way back album with So Icey and the like on it isn't it? Ha, that makes the total lack of promotion and the missing 2nd album even more strange.
Maybe it's entirely made up of Gucci and Jeezy duets and is sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere.

didn't really need to hear mac miller sing but i love that youforia beat. typical clams sound but it's nice and spacey

edit: speaking of beats does anybody know what schoolboy q's hell of a night is sampling? swear i've heard it before

While I'm also not sure where Kendrick will go next, it's worth noting that GKMC is not his debut album and was a pretty clear development of a lot of the stuff he was playing round with on Section.80. To me the main surprise was that they continued to explore that sound rather than the expected "Look out for Detox" style stuff he was dropping in between (which I'm also not made at).

Technically it's his debut though, as his first commercial retail album.

SadAli

Neo Member
Technically it's his debut though, as his first commercial retail album.

I'd probably still disagree though really my main point was about him making a statement with the debut album anyway. I think GKMC only really turned out as it did because of the groundwork he'd done previously on Section.80 and in Black Hippy which meant that he had more confidence to see through the idea in full than he might have otherwise.
Either way, the surely unexpected amount of commercial success he's had with it is going to make what he does next very interesting.

As long as it's not rapping in a james Cagney voice I'm on-board.

Detox

01. Doughboyz Cashout Feat. Young Jeezy - Mob Life (4:44)
02. Doughboyz Cashout Feat. Young Jeezy & Yo Gotti - Woke Up (3:37)
03. Doughboyz Cashout Feat. YG - Hella Ice (3:40)
04. YG Feat. Young Jeezy & Rich Homie Quan - My Nigga (4:51)
05. YG Feat. Young Jeezy - The Homie (2:48)
06. DJ Drama Feat. Young Jeezy, Juicy J & Yo Gotti - 4 What (4:07)

Jitters

Why is there a Jitters rule? I have the best opinions.

Anyway, is there a new Rob Sonic album? I don't see news on it anywhere.

hubes

most days i think illmatic is the greatest album of all time, but theres that one day every once in awhile where i put on it was written and i think it could be better than illmatic and i aint even mad at myself.

Cudder

Yo Des (or anyone else), did you manage to download that Eric Dingus tape? It got taken down for some reason before I could get it. Can you do a quick reupload so I can grab it?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
but it has Wiz on it. Thats like being forced to drink bleach.

Wiz doesn't always suck. Kush and Orange juice and those songs he did with spitta and big Sean shows he can Hang. If anything this not being a money grab project might get some decent from him.

most days i think illmatic is the greatest album of all time, but theres that one day every once in awhile where i put on it was written and i think it could be better than illmatic and i aint even mad at myself.

Truth plus lost tapes is also up there.

HiResDes

It Was Written is by far the second best Nas album, and yo I know Esch agrees as well though he might throw Lost Tapes in the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom