• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

On the album? He thinks Kanye is afraid of this fisher price shit?

Remember when Kanye couldn't produce drums so he just jacked Dre's drums? That's what Cole needs to do until he learns how to make his own shit.

edit: this beat is literally mixtape status. Utter shit.
tumblr_m8ajo36Dxi1r1nisw.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
J. Cole - Niggaz know

Off the album

good thing ninja rhymes with ninja
Feeling this, but yeah I'm not feeling the flow jacking shit, even if it's intentional. Turns me off to the whole song.

That beat fucking goes.

Also those undergrad raps are kinda annoying me at this point. And I guess I'm the demographic he's sorta trying to cater too, but c'mon son, I don't listen to music to be reminded about my goddamn loans.

DominoKid

Feeling this, but yeah I'm not feeling the flow jacking shit, even if it's intentional. Turns me off to the whole song.

That beat fucking goes.

Also those undergrad raps are kinda annoying me at this point. And I guess I'm the demographic he's sorta trying to cater too, but c'mon son, I don't listen to music to be reminded about my goddamn loans.

it'd disappointing how hard Cole is stuck in that early-Kanye stage. for somebody that claims to feel like he's in competition w/ the legends, you damn sure wouldn't know it by the persona he presents in his music. maybe its just me but i don't feel it.

that's one thing i'll give Drake credit for. even if he's not naming names (these days who is?), he'll talk cash shit about the old generation of rap. even Kendrick sounds a lot more self-assured post-GKMC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
it'd disappointing how hard Cole is stuck in that early-Kanye stage. for somebody that claims to feel like he's in competition w/ the legends, you damn sure wouldn't know it by the persona he presents in his music.

that's one thing i'll give Drake credit for. even if he's not naming names, he'll talk cash shit about the old generation of rap. even Kendrick sounds a lot more self-assured post-GKMC.
Yeah, I think Cole's production has evolved and morphed but him as an MC has seen not much change. I just don't buy what he's selling anymore or he's not really putting flavour into the same content anymore.

I teeter between completely bored of Cole nowadays and kinda enamoured when I go back to his older work.

Recon

Banned
I feel like some of you just throw out "lol drums" because it is just Cole. Because there is nothing wrong with them. They could hit harder, but that is a choice. Now, it is boring, but that is a whole different type of complaint.

Edit: No lie...I swear I made this same drum loop yesterday....maybe it is bad lol

Solid track. Not great though. I dig the beat but I just dont feel Cole does it justice.

Edit: Hope he goes harder on the album, and mix it up a bit with the content/concept for each song.

Esch

Banned

Remember when Kanye couldn't produce drums so he just jacked Dre's drums? That's what Cole needs to do until he learns how to make his own shit.

all I know is this dude is the turkey sandwich with mayo rapper. undergrad raps is the perfect description for his work. shits not raw, its not really kicking that much knowledge, his bars aren't that sick, he doesn't turn up, his chill joints are too self conscious. basically there is no reason for J coles rap career to exist and he renders me comatose. work out and power trip were both unmemorable and boring as fuck. I'm attributing that success to the music trilluminati cause that ish sounds like audio ambien.

Recon

Banned
all I know is this dude is the turkey sandwich with mayo rapper. undergrad raps is the perfect description for his work. shits not raw, its not really kicking that much knowledge, his bars aren't that sick, he doesn't turn up, his chill joints are too self conscious. basically there is no reason for J coles rap career to exist and he renders me comatose. work out and power trip were both unmemorable and boring as fuck. I'm attributing that success to the music trilluminati cause that ish sounds like audio ambien.

Do you like Curren$y? You seem to know a lot about Ambien rappers.

Esch

Banned
Charles Hamilton was right, Jermaine has the rap Illuminati bilderberg complex behind him. there is no other reason anyone would selectively choose to listen to this mans music

DominoKid

Charles Hamilton was right, Jermaine has the rap Illuminati bilderberg complex behind him. there is no other reason anyone would selectively choose to listen to this mans music

i do wonder what made Jay want to sign him over...i dont know, everyone else. did he really like Lights Please that much?

Dereck

tumblr_m8ajo36Dxi1r1nisw.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
C'mon son, we were feeling you until here, you don't have to go this far.

iavi

#dead at the whole page. Cole is melatonin--straight. I've got this thing with dude where I respect his hustle, I even respect his product, but I don't like a thing about it. FNL was dope, but it wasn't omfgamaze, and nothing since has touched it.

Krit does the rapper/producer act better, though he can't produce a hit for the life of him.

i don't know how power trip is a bigger song than anything krit has done. sure his hooks are repetitive but i can repeat listen to him.

cole is just....unmemorable. he's like the ANN of rappers. or was it egg? who? i dunno.

iavi

i don't know how power trip is a bigger song than anything krit has done. sure his hooks are repetitive but i can repeat listen to him.

cole is just....unmemorable. he's like the ANN of rappers. or was it egg? who? i dunno.

Sales wise/ Radio play. I also think Krit's current disco is times better than Cole's but the ladies other's aint feeling it like that.

CRS

Sales wise and general marketability would be given to Cole. And Cole might technically be a better rapper but I choose K.R.I.T. over Cole 8 days of the week as an overall artist/producer.

Seriously, if I do well on my midterms tomorrow, I'm giving Eric Dingus all the credit.

This dude.
wow.png

Sidenote: I actually re-listened to Kanye's G.O.O.D. Friday series earlier this week and I forgot that Cole had a hot verse. I remember people going crazy over it since Cole's internet hype was practically at its peak.

Also, Lord Lord Lord is the best track Kanye has done since Drive Slow.

DominoKid

interesting beat + for the bitches + miguel hook. of course it's bigger than anything KRIT's ever done. KRIT couldnt make a song w/ that type of appeal if his life depended on it.

iavi

We're throwing all of this shade now, but watch Krit have an epiphany and drop a classic. Dude'll actually be able to eat.

IrishNinja

this last page was another mess, brought to you by artists wanting that mackelmore can't hold us money

Hip-Hop Purists have three dope ass new releases to bump right now:

Rob Sonic - Alice in Thunderdome
P-Money - Gratitude
Apollo Brown, Verbal Kent, & Red Pill - Ugly Heroes

...All are in constant rotation over here.

...Oh and the new Tricky is godlike.

bookmarking like alla this

He did. Three years ago.

also this

IrishNinja

i know i aint the only one who buys like $1 DLC singin I don't know bout y'all but every night I swing...in the ferrari or jaguar, switchin four lanes; with the top down, screamin out money ain't a thang

pmoney-gratitute.jpg

saw this on the previous page, but GODDAMN this needs it's own post. P-Money has some sick beats and the album is just so well produced. Highly recommend it.

don't know what links you guys prefer in here, so here's iTunes and Spotify

damn son.

HiResDes

Drake is gonna ether him at this point. Fuck Mac Miller will probably put out a better album.

HiResDes

I'm so serious. LarryFisherman is a better producer than Cole, and we all know even though he's a complete dick he can flow pretty well.

Recon

Banned
I'm so serious. LarryFisherman is a better producer than Cole, and we all know even though he's a complete dick he can flow pretty well.

I just love how you base that off that track. His recent mini mixtapes have more than proven that he is a good producer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom