• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
It Was Written is by far the second best Nas album, and yo I know Esch agrees as well though he might throw Lost Tapes in the discussion.

Nah definitely by far, Lost Tapes is a clear 3rd. It's got great tracks, but lacks the orchestrated coherence of an LP attempt. At the time I can see why it was considered a bit of a flop or disappointment. Overtly pandering stuff in spades. However there are some straight genius tracks on there that are just leaps ahead above stuff on Illmatic like Take it In Blood, The Message, I Gave You Power etc etc.

It Was Written is my second favorite Nas album.. shits amazing.

It has one of Nas' best songs

The Message
Sweet Dreams
Affirmative Action
If I Ruled The World
Nas Is Coming
Silent Murder
Take It In Blood
I Gave You Power
Shootouts

so good

I don't see how anyone can hate an album with all those tracks. Don't forget Set Up, one of the best mafioso tracks ever.

Sos pulled me close and told me the deal
He said both hoes'll peel, spray shots and reload
and still handle the wheel, point em out smoke a phill then chill

Esch

Banned
laff.gif
at Danny's clothes in that interview. lookin like the hes about to drive the Iroquois Confederacy car at the Daytona 500

kamspy

Trap House III is real nice, it's just standing in the shadow of Trap God 2. Whatever combination of drugs Gucc was on that week was just perfect. And c'mon fam, Return to the Traphouse is Trap House 2.

IWW same problem, bigger shadow. No where near as Mafioso than Cuban Linx c'mon sons and daughters.

Owl Pharaoh turned out real nice. Pretty sure me and peterboy were the only ones who believed. Maybe Dominokid. Either way, dude is a fucking walking time capsule of Yeezy entombed is his ingant/castle phase, which is fine by me. I need a couple more albums of dat castle music get my fill.

DominoKid

Trap House III is real nice, it's just standing in the shadow of Trap God 2. Whatever combination of drugs Gucc was on that week was just perfect. And c'mon fam, Return to the Traphouse is Trap House 2.

IWW same problem, bigger shadow. No where near as Mafioso than Cuban Linx c'mon sons and daughters.

Owl Pharaoh turned out real nice. Pretty sure me and peterboy were the only ones who believed. Maybe Dominokid. Either way, dude is a fucking walking time capsule of Yeezy entombed is his ingant/castle phase, which is fine by me. I need a couple more albums of dat castle music get my fill.

i've never even heard of Return to the Traphouse.

as far as Travis, Quintana got me hyped for the tape but I still had low expectations. turned out pretty well though.

it's been a hot year for trap/swag shit so far.
Young Thug - 1017 Thug
Future - FBG The Movie
Gucci Mane - Trap God 2, Trap House 3
Young Scooter - Street Lottery <- my favorite so far this year.
Waka Flocka - DuFlockaRant 2
Rocko - Gift of Gab 2
Rich Homie Quan - Still Goin In Reloaded

HiResDes

i've never even heard of Return to the Traphouse.

as far as Travis, Quintana got me hyped for the tape but I still had low expectations. turned out pretty well though.

it's been a hot year for trap/swag shit so far.
Young Thug - 1017 Thug
Future - FBG The Movie
Gucci Mane - Trap God 2, Trap House 3
Young Scooter - Street Lottery <- my favorite so far this year.
Waka Flocka - DuFlockaRant 2
Rocko - Gift of Gab 2
Rich Homie Quan - Still Goin In Reloaded

Like that list a lot as well, but don't forget about Gates' Luca Brasi Story and that Louie V Mob

HiResDes

Hip-Hop Purists have three dope ass new releases to bump right now:

Rob Sonic - Alice in Thunderdome
P-Money - Gratitude
Apollo Brown, Verbal Kent, & Red Pill - Ugly Heroes

...All are in constant rotation over here.

...Oh and the new Tricky is godlike.

CRS

P-Money - Gratitude

Yup.

CRS

Thought I was about to play some Goldeneye 007 off Tricky's first track and I swear I hear a Moments in Love sample in Valentine.

Jitters

P-Money - Gratitude

I like you again. ;)

DominoKid

On the album? He thinks Kanye is afraid of this fisher price shit?

Remember when Kanye couldn't produce drums so he just jacked Dre's drums? That's what Cole needs to do until he learns how to make his own shit.

edit: this beat is literally mixtape status. Utter shit.

damn i cant breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom