• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Wale have a (charting) single out? Given how long MMG crafted their first batch of albums it seems odd that they're simply throwing Wale's shit out to die.

a3611594409_2.jpg

Unorthodox - Raekwon, Ghostface, JD Era and RZA

Shows how disconnected I am with radio, wow. Didn't know he had a track out. Whereas I do remember hearing Lotus Flower Bomb all the time, from cars passing by.

Lol I originally thought you were saying his single was doing that bad it wasn't charting. I was like damn really? I hear that fucking song all the time.

Just heard Bad. I'll at least give it props for introducing urban radio audiences to the instrument called the acoustic guitar. Still, I need to flush the estrogen from my body....but first imma listen to this Body Party song from Ciara on the "suggested videos" list of youtube. This is pretty dope, giving me some 90s r&b vibes.

I'll listen to some Roc Marciano after this tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
gaming side is disgusting right now. i swear all these new members are pr people. its crazy.
Never underestimate closet fanboys. We got motherfuckers making threads defending always online DRM, Sony PR squad out in full force and even IrishNinja's brothers are planning a rebellion.

E3 will only make things worse but I hope I get a few games that make me excited for next gen.

thabiz

e3 is going to be an absolute shitstorm this year.

people are fighting over power brick size. is your life really that pathetic?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
did you see that NeoGaf speaks video? not hard to believe after watching that lol
That video was mostly trolling the things the gaming side of GAF is about.

I like what Cliffy B said about gaming side in the little snippet from the documentary. Folks are really fickle.

thabiz

i do get a good laugh at the twitter campaign. yeah, massive global companies are going to start shredding contracts and ruin business relations, because of some tweets.

IrishNinja

i do get a good laugh at the twitter campaign. yeah, massive global companies are going to start shredding contracts and ruin business relations, because of some tweets.

whether something immediately comes of it or not, it's better to let companies know anit-consumer bullshit like that isn't looked upon favorably, rather than the usual bitch about it on forums and just buy shit anyway that usually happens.

MS' PR took hits, and they've already had to walk some of that shit back - did a twitter campaign alone cause that? nah, but it sure didn't hurt it either, i figure

thabiz

rather than the usual bitch about it on forums and just buy shit anyway that usually happens.
you honestly believe its going to be different this time. please. if gamers have proven anything over the years, they will put up with just about anything. the second <insert favorite franchise> is shown, they will gladly tuck it, and buy it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
you honestly believe its going to be different this time. please. if gamers have proven anything over the years, they will put up with just about anything. the second <insert favorite franchise> is shown, they will gladly tuck it, and buy it.
12 million copies of Diablo III agrees. If 12 million people will look past DRM for a shitty game, imagine how easy the decision is for good ones.

Shit, if the games are there, I'll buy in too. Everyone has their breaking point *hangs X1 Shenmue exclusive above Irish*

thabiz

enzo gets it.

I wonder how many people rallying against Microsoft, are sitting at home playing on Live? Or using a MS product. thats not sticking it to the man and standing up for your consumer rights. thats picking your battles when its convenient for you. this is almost as hilarious as the wall street movement. throwing a tantrum about big business and the horrible banks, while blogging about it on their macbook. taking photos with their iphones. its a joke.

and before you scream corporate apologist. Im not. I just grew up and realized that sometimes, SOMETIMES, you have to play the game to get what you want. Still doesnt change my core beliefs. Sadly, the world just doesnt work that way.

to sum it up for Irish.

Cash rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M get the money
Dollar, dollar bill y'all

IrishNinja

so it's only worth the most bare minimal effort (and really, that's pretty much twitter defined) if everyone else does it & sticks to their guns? that's a weird mentality there

i don't think you're an apolgist biz...but should i have fucked with occupy shit from a cave? kind've a false dichotomy there

12 million copies of Diablo III agrees. If 12 million people will look past DRM for a shitty game, imagine how easy the decision is for good ones.

uh huh, and Sim City sold alright too...but look at the falloff of those #'s after the first week or two with all the negative talk. you don't think those brands are damaged? i bet they were planning on people staying around a lot longer & spending on that RMA when they were budgeting...not gonna happen on the console version, at least.

again there's already talk that sony was considering this shit, and the blowback may've pushed them to leave it up to the publisher...i'd consider that progress, lets me choose which ones to support

i ain't responsible for what the rest of GAF/the entire gaming community does, but i do know what such a defeatist mentality does on an individual level: not a damn thing

to sum it up biz, heh
What we need is awareness, we can't get careless
You say what is this?/My beloved lets get down to business
Mental self defensive fitness
yo bum rush the show
You gotta go for what you know
Make everybody see, in order to fight the powers that be

cmon fam, at least borrow, rent, or in the case of xbone, pirate or straight debo shit if you gotta have it...enzo please believe i will beat shenmue 3 on a store demo unit xbone if shit was that offensive, haha

...so yeah, hip hip & gaming huh

thabiz

the effort is there, and thats great. i love to see grass roots movements. i love to see people not sit down and take it. hell, i got arrested at the g20 for trying to get my voice heard, but i was speaking out for my life, not my hobby.

I just feel that this "movement" shouldnt be happening right now. the timing is very poor. theres no outcome yet. rallying against rumors is not the way to go about it. the chips arent on the table yet. would this campaign be going if the consoles were out right now? i highly doubt it. its very easy to speak out when theres no decision to be made on your part.

There is no way in hell Sony is tossing all that money aside and reverting on some of these policies because of tweets. they havent lost anything tangible yet. IF a boycott happens IF sony goes this route, then yes they may change their position. but you and i know that these things are going to sell gang busters with or without you.

This is an industry policy. no bones about it. if sony leaves it up to the publisher, then they are just side stepping the issue and trying to blame the guy standing next to them. you can almost guarantee that every single pub is going to implement it. why have two seperate DRM versions for consoles. why leave free money on the table. from a business standpoint it makes zero sense.

For Sim City, doesnt EVERY game see sales drop off after the first couple of weeks?

so get the lube out. this shit is happening whether you want it to or not. are you willing to give up gaming? thats the only question that should be answered.

occupy was not shouting from a cave. it was a vocal movement against the very things they supported in life. did you stop buying shit? did you take your money out of the bank? did you show them how far you were willing to go for your beliefs? no. you squawked for a couple of weeks and then went back to the status quo.*

*not talking about you in particular

thabiz

i rarely post on that side, but i do like to read. good for info and opinions on games. after the ms conference, it went to hell. everything relevant is just buried under a think fog of hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom