• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

Weezy repsonds to Yeezy's compliment:

tumblr_mj7z5iDqBf1qha8lao1_500.png

SwagJesus

Banned
Woke up this morning and realized Hip-Hop is trash. I have moved onto Classsical and Jazz. The fucked up thing is all these rappers I looked up to when I was young are corny as hell and fake.

Basically this music means nothing to me because I can't relate to popping bottles, getting high, Eating triple stacks and fucking tons of bad bitches.

All my bitches don't love me just two women. I don't go fucking thrift shopping and I don't sell coke. My grand daddy never had the golden flask and I never fucked a bitch like sherane. I don't go clubbing all night. Nor do I want to be preached at.

Give me a bunch of hip-hop instrumentals and I'm good.

"Try to teach niggas how to be kings and all they ever want to be is soldiers"

//B1G

Banned
Woke up this morning and realized Hip-Hop is trash. I have moved onto Classsical and Jazz.
honestly i'm pretty much there with you. was thinking last night that i was going to turn to solely jazz and classical. classical is ALL i listen to in the whip. need some good jazz guys. after you get a up good collection of stuff post it up or something.

First time Ye has ever been called humble?

I'm currently downloading Lil Ugly Mane

yeah if you was in the room come back in, my next up is some ugly mane.

overcast

Woke up this morning and realized Hip-Hop is trash. I have moved onto Classsical and Jazz. The fucked up thing is all these rappers I looked up to when I was young are corny as hell and fake.
Man it doesn't matter if they are fake. Seriously, such an overblown thing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Everyone wearing gold and diamonds again because of Rocky? LOLOLOLOL
Everyone rapping double time now because of Rocky? LOLOLOLOL

Basically this music means nothing to me because I can't relate to popping bottles, getting high, Eating triple stacks and fucking tons of bad bitches.

All my bitches don't love me just two women. I don't go fucking thrift shopping and I don't sell coke. My grand daddy never had the golden flask and I never fucked a bitch like sherane. I don't go clubbing all night. Nor do I want to be preached at.

Loool

Enjoy

Detox

Everyone wearing gold and diamonds again because of Rocky? LOLOLOLOL
Everyone rapping double time now because of Rocky? LOLOLOLOL

Don't forget Rocky made it acceptable to publicly admit to listenening to Wu, Bone, Three 6, Geto Boys and NWA

Bishman

GAFHOP had a dream!

Cudder

Wtf...and how exactly do you "relate" do classical and jazz? "Relating" to artists and their shit is so overblown. Just listen to the shit because it sounds good to your damn ears.

thabiz

Man. this is gold.

iavi

SwagJesus, bruh. You're slowly becoming one of the funniest posters in here. Not even slowly, actually.

Keep me up to date with those Classical mixtapes.

Esch

Banned
old dusty heads gonna be old and dusty. nobody cares that you cant relate you goof. just move on, nobody told you to give a speech. 'wahhh the rap game isnt like it was when i was 18, i cant self insert anymore wahhh'. i dont understand this complaint either cause lets be real you couldnt truthfully relate to any of that old wu or jay or whatev drug shit (probably). dont let the door hit you on the way out, grandstanding ass old 2.5 kids n a bottle of lipitor rap game relics

Esch

Banned
AND all of this from a dude named 'SwagJesus'. before that post i thought you were 17 and probably listening to Tyler the Creator.

DominoKid

old dusty heads gonna be old and dusty. nobody cares that you cant relate you goof. just move on, nobody told you to give a speech. 'wahhh the rap game isnt like it was when i was 18, i cant self insert anymore wahhh'. i dont understand this complaint either cause lets be real you couldnt truthfully relate to any of that old wu or jay or whatev drug shit (probably). dont let the door hit you on the way out, grandstanding ass old 2.5 kids n a bottle of lipitor rap game relics

soundtrack as i read this post. well said.

SwagJesus

Banned

I wonder if you talk like that IRL and how far that gets you. I never said I could relate when I was younger. I am just smarter to know now that that I have grown out of this. You must feel accomplished after typing all that though. I am sure your peers in this thread will acknowledge it too and you will feel good about it.

If I'm the only one in this whole thread that feels this way so be it. Laters. Have fun reciting lyrics about the scummy shit they talk about knowing damn well you have no clue and neither do they.

Or me for that matter...

I wonder if you talk like that IRL and how far that gets you. I never said I could relate when I was younger. I am just smarter to know now that that I have grown out of this. You must feel accomplished after typing all that though. I am sure your peers in this thread will acknowledge it too and you will feel good about it.

If I'm the only one in this whole thread that feels this way so be it. Laters. Have fun reciting lyrics about the scummy shit they talk about knowing damn well you have no clue and neither do they.

Or me for that matter...

Your taking this too seriously. Music is entertainment, it doesnt have to be real. Look at pro wrestling, everyone knows its not real but millions of people enjoy it regardless.

Stop taking yourself and music so seriously and just enjoy it? I mean I really dont understand what your upset about here?

Esch

Banned
nah. im pretty polite irl. but irl you wouldnt go to a room full of people and complain about one of their interests to their face either, because just like here nobody cares and implying that something people like is immature(and by extension, so are they for 'still' doing it) because its some holier than thou shit. so, theres that i suppose.

PBY

Banned

No fun allowed.

RJT

Wtf...and how exactly do you "relate" do classical and jazz? "Relating" to artists and their shit is so overblown. Just listen to the shit because it sounds good to your damn ears.

This.

Although I do understand being put off by some personality types or subjects, "not relating" to someone is not a valid reason to not appreciate something.

BTW, something I can relate to: an ode to DJ Premier

And what's my favorite Primo joint of all time?
It's either Kick In The Door or New York State Of Mind
Or Ten Crack Commandments or Take It Personal
Too many bangers to choose from, he's too versatile
The Future Is Now joint, Rock Stars, unforgettable
The way he flipped Above The Clouds on the hook was incredible
Society Is Brainwashed, Mind Ya Business
This is a World Premier, and I designed the lyrics
This is The Grimy Awards
When it's time to record
I attack the beat breaks like a viking with his sword
So throw your motherfuckin' hands up in the air
Like you ain't care and make some noise for DJ Premier

This Ill Bill is the best album of the year so far. Love it.

SwagJesus

Banned
nah. im pretty polite irl. but irl you wouldnt go to a room full of people and complain about one of their interests to their face either, because just like here nobody cares and implying that something people like is immature(and by extension, so are they for 'still' doing it) because its some holier than thou shit. so, theres that i suppose.

Stop trying to use grammar before you lose a finger. Also neogaf is an open forum for discussions. All I seem to get out of the general consensus in here is name calling and one liners. Also never an actual response to what I am saying. Old dusty heads... nice. I can see Jim Jones influenced you how to speak on forums.

At the end of the day it isn't just entertainment. These artists influence a wide variety of people including you.

Esch

Banned
If HrD does a quarterly thread detailing all the hottest Jazz and Classical mixtapes, I'm jumping ship.

I relate much more with Mozart, bitches.
ironically enough, wagner da genius is my favorite but i cant relate to his old jew hating miserable faust reading ass at all.

Funny you mentioned Jazz, a genre that got so water down since 60's, lol. You had a few here and there in the 70's but nothing like it was in its heyday. A genre that lost soul, and turned into a Verizon call waiting message. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom