• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really enjoyed Oneirology the first couple of spins. i recently threw this on, and its kinda not doing it for me anymore. it doesnt have that lasting appeal. more of a hit it, and quit it album. i would also put shabazz palaces last one in the same zone.

the buffy sainte-marie sample still kills.

It's still quality to me and has been since day 1. Every time I think I'm tired of it, I go back to it a few weeks later, and the next thing I know I hit "Embers" and think "Nope, it's still greatness."

It's not a daytime album is all. I only throw it on post-midnight.

thabiz

It's still quality to me and has been since day 1. Every time I think I'm tired of it, I go back to it a few weeks later, and the next thing I know I hit "Embers" and think "Nope, it's still greatness."

im not saying its not quality. its a good record. its just become a chore to listen to. its overproduced in my eyes. it feels forced. the studio trickery doesnt feel natural. El-P went the same way for a bit. sometimes more isnt always best.

im not saying its not quality. its a good record. its just become a chore to listen to. its overproduced in my eyes. it feels forced. the studio trickery doesnt feel natural. El-P went the same way for a bit. sometimes more isnt always best.

Overproduced? Hmmm, idk. It just sounds like an evolution of where Kno started going with A Piece of Strange to me. A bit more layered, maybe, but it's more "airy" and dreamlike which keeps it out of what I'd call overproduced.

But I also really like the recent El-P solo and Killer Mike collab stuff, so maybe we're just on different sides of this. unless you're takling about pre-Cancer 4 Cure and RAP Music El-P

thabiz

Overproduced? Hmmm, idk. It just sounds like an evolution of where Kno started going with A Piece of Strange to me. A bit more layered, maybe, but it's more "airy" and dreamlike which keeps it out of what I'd call overproduced.

But I also really like the recent El-P solo and Killer Mike collab stuff, so maybe we're just on different sides of this. unless you're takling about pre-Cancer 4 Cure and RAP Music El-P

by overproduced, i mean there's too much gear involved here. its slick, it has a sugary sheen. its a producer with too much time and gear involved. its produced with a pop mentality. filters everywhere.

The best companion album to Death is Silent is Niggas With Latitude

Ashamed to say I forgot NWL. 36, get that too.

Then get A Piece of Strange if you enjoy everything.

by overproduced, i mean there's too much gear involved here. its slick, it has a sugary sheen. its a producer with too much time and gear involved. its produced with a pop mentality. filters everywhere.

Aha, now I get where you're coming from. I hear that, it just doesn't bother me. Actually on "Dreams" it bothers me a little bit, but that track is late in the album anyway so w/e.

IrishNinja

not going to lie. hype is out of control for the Last of Us.

this is a perfect example of a game ive slept on, like purposely done a media blackout for a while now - it's survival horror by the UC2 team? i don't really need to know much past that, sounds like the kinda game i wanna go in with as little knowledge/expectations as possible you know?

thabiz

this is a perfect example of a game ive slept on, like purposely done a media blackout for a while now - it's survival horror by the UC2 team? i don't really need to know much past that, sounds like the kinda game i wanna go in with as little knowledge/expectations as possible you know?

i watched one trailer. i think it was 2012 E3 trailer. knew instantly that this is a game i want. super pumped. it is survival horror by the UC2 team.

i watched one trailer. i think it was 2012 E3 trailer. knew instantly that this is a game i want. super pumped. it is survival horror by the UC2 team.

Just so you guys don't go in expecting the wrong thing, it's "survival-action" not survival horror. There are horror elements, but this isn't classic RE or Silent Hill from "the UC2 team."

Never was able to get into this album. Maybe my expectations were thrown off because of the name, but that is a lame album. Only word I can think of that fits it. NWL I mean

wat. NWL is so good, Sheisty Khrist kills verse after verse on there. The hook on Rip The Guts is the only thing I've ever had a problem with.

thabiz

Just so you guys don't go in expecting the wrong thing, it's "survival-action" not survival horror. There are horror elements, but this isn't classic RE or Silent Hill from "the UC2 team."

It's The Road: The Game. the mutated dudes look pretty damn creepy. the vibe and setting look incredible.

wat. NWL is so good, Sheisty Khrist kills verse after verse on there. The hook on Rip The Guts is the only thing I've ever had a problem with.

Don't think you are understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying the name threw me off on what type of album it would be. I expected early Ice Cube/NWA stuff. Instead I was given rhymes about TMNT, Harry Potter, etc etc. Just came off lame to me. I'm sure I might enjoy it more since I know what type of album it is, but that's just for the longest what I thought about it. Thought it was going to be like their take on gangster music or something(That's what I RECALL hearing). To me it didn't feel like that at all so it failed in that aspect

Cudder

Yeah definitely copping The Last of Us when it comes out. Don't the reviews come out in 30 mins or so? Gaming side is gonna be fun lol.

Don't think you are understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying the name threw me off on what type of album it would be. I expected early Ice Cube/NWA stuff. Instead I was given rhymes about TMNT, Harry Potter, etc etc. Just came off lame to me. I'm sure I might enjoy it more since I know what type of album it is, but that's just for the longest what I thought about it. Thought it was going to be like their take on gangster music or something(That's what I RECALL hearing). To me it didn't feel like that at all so it failed in that aspect

lol it's not like they spent entire songs on TMNT or Harry Potter though, but I can see why it would throw you off if you were expecting an NWA tribute album or something in that lane. Maybe give it another shot one day. It's not even 40 minutes long, you won't spend much time even if you still don't like it.

Esch

Banned
death is silent is super overrated here, beats and concept are straight but listening to kno struggle through verses makes me a sad panda

solid 6-7/10 album

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

It's not a daytime album is all. I only throw it on post-midnight.

It's the definition of a mood album. When I'm feeling sad that's my album. All others times I'm like "dude, quit whining"

HiResDes

Kismet does too fucking hard. Orbz, The Cauldron, Tomorrow's Gone, exxx Studio, Cherry Raindrops, and Chains are highlights for me. I like the more eccentric stuff on it. The Key Nyata track is up there for SOTY for me.

death is silent is super overrated here, beats and concept are straight but listening to kno struggle through verses makes me a sad panda

solid 6-7/10 album
Agreed even though I rate it higher. At the time I thought it was better than Kanye's album. Kno's voice/accent holds him back.

A lot of that production seems right up Eminem's alley, seems like they'd be soulmates.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Alc & Prodigy album. drip drip.

I heard it at my boys crib Its a clean edit but.....its amazing I cant wait for the legit drop date to cop it. Alchemist's beats are great and Prodigy rides them them like a pro.....pause.

Kismet does too fucking hard. Orbz, The Cauldron, Tomorrow's Gone, exxx Studio, Cherry Raindrops, and Chains are highlights for me. I like the more eccentric stuff on it. The Key Nyata track is up there for SOTY for me.

And there you have it the HRD has spoken. Kismet is great.

Also what is this I hear about Sade doing something? Someone please explain?

Cudder

oie_5211818_Ycj16_Cjj.jpg

cunt has spoken

i'm pretty interested to hear what let nas down will sound like. it's gonna be like those shitty lines sprinkled throughout jesus piece when game was sucking jay and whoever's wang....all concentrated in one song.

Recon

Banned
Im so confused, didnt he also say no other rappers? Is this a joke...?

i'm pretty interested to hear what let nas down will sound like. it's gonna be like those shitty lines sprinkled throughout jesus piece when game was sucking jay and whoever's wang....all concentrated in one song.

You cant get much more concentrated dick riding than "insert song here" from Jesus Piece.

i thought daniels was anorexic or some shit and then all of a sudden there's a scene with his shirt off and he's cut like a muthafucka.

that also reminds me of when i was watching fast and furious 6 and ludacris has abs and shit. it's not right, some people shouldn't be physically fit.

Let Nas Down? Wtf is wrong with this dude? He couldn't come up with a decent title for that shit? I shit on Kanye's Jay Z love fest, but at least it wasn't called "My Big Brother, Hova"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom