• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacophony

fjchzl4.png

sometimes I wonder what people who review music expect. Like seriously what the fuck did you expect from French Montana, some avant garde experimental next level shit? No an album full of bangers and that's exactly what he delivered

CRS

That's why I don't care for music reviews at all. I actually take GAF-Hop's impressions more seriously than any other review out there. It's actually really nice when regular members post their impressions because I know what their tastes are and how they relate to mine.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Reviewing music is just WTF to me. The hell kinda qualifications do you need to put objectivity on one of the the most subjective mediums ever?

It'd be akin to there being a reviewer for different colours and hues. There's less red, a bit more blue, and a sort of satisfactory amount of green. 8.8/10.

IrishNinja

The new Wu is dope. Very dope, fun summer record. I doubt it's gonna be on the album though.

slept, thanks for this PDs

man i'm glad you don't fucks with gaming side much, that's also me in sega threads sadly

Btw anyone peep the Snoop mix?

actually hitting it up tonight, ill post back impressions Ace!

cacophony

yeah like that anthony fantano douche on Youtube.. it's funny how people take his opinion so serious.

why would I care about HIS opinion of all people lol

Recon

Banned
yeah like that anthony fantano douche on Youtube.. it's funny how people take his opinion so serious.

I see what you are saying, but according to you every critic/reviewer is really just some douche with an opinion. Just ignore the reviews for something you like. I mean, you love Riff Raff/Future/French, you should expect some shitty reviews.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Real talk I've been increasingly agreeing with a lot of the points he makes. Not entirely though, you never go full HRD. Sometimes that dude drops knowledge about influences/samples, and I appreciate that the same way I appreciate when stuff like Juan Epstein or a Young Guru shares what they think about records ATM.

Just like opinions of different GAFers, there's things you agree with, things you disagree with, and stuff that's debatable. And it's fun to debate, post what you think, agree, troll using hyperbole, etc. I don't think anyone takes him that serious, besides though that sub and obviously do care a lot personally about what he has to say.

That's why I don't care for music reviews at all. I actually take GAF-Hop's impressions more seriously than any other review out there. It's actually really nice when regular members post their impressions because I know what their tastes are and how they relate to mine.

Yea.

If some combo of Eschaton Thabiz PP HiRes and Discotheque give something their seal of approval, I take notice.

Esch

Banned
not hip hop related completely but this #askdraya shit is the funniest twitter dragging I've seen in a minute. nothing quite like watching one of these video chicks souls get incinerated goddamn

Esch

Banned
I like that real real hip hop and the occasional homeless person freestyling to a handclap and a distorted Speak&Spell.
homeless raps are dope tho. I knew this one dude id see outside Walgreens in college that would drop some urbane nihilistic apocalypse chest bump shit. Dude had solid breath control too.

CRS

not hip hop related completely but this #askdraya shit is the funniest twitter dragging I've seen in a minute. nothing quite like watching one of these video chicks souls get incinerated goddamn

That Manti Te'O line was the best out of them all.

I was laughing for a solid 10 minutes. Funniest shit I've read in a long time.

Has Manti Te'o seen his girlfriend more than you have seen your son?

I used to go to Fantano alot for music recommendations, and I still do for the most part. However, now I just look at an album he reviewed, read the description and see if I like it. I haven't watched a full video of his since Big Krit's mixtape I think.
But yeah Fantano is still dope sometimes.

Some good shit posted on the last page, thanks for that. Will post impressions soon.

Whoever was saying PP is secretly JazO may just have uncovered something, It all makes perfect sense.

Macca is the avatar GOAT... God damn Miizy...

PBY

Banned
Goddamn Im addicted to the fast furious 6 theme.

It sounds like something that would come out 10 years ago, it needs an em verse and Nate dogg on the hook.

thabiz

Have you heard Oneirology? Good companion album to Death Is Silent. Or maybe not, idk, just listen to it.

i really enjoyed Oneirology the first couple of spins. i recently threw this on, and its kinda not doing it for me anymore. it doesnt have that lasting appeal. more of a hit it, and quit it album. i would also put shabazz palaces last one in the same zone.

the buffy sainte-marie sample still kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom