• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
There's no denying Kanye is an ass clown, but he was shit on more than he asked for. Interviewers asking him about about what his mom would think on live television being just as unprofessional as him and not getting any flak for it. There's a time and a place for everything but to have America as a whole hate you for stealing a little white girls 15 seconds on a stage, man that's some bullshit. People don't even hate bush as much as they hate Kanye. Ain't that shit ironic?

He asked for it when he fucked with the golden child herself, on national television. Any other artist would have had the same thing happen to them. Hell, an older artist with more clout might have reacted to him negatively on stage.

Reporters stay doing foul unprofessional shit to people that fuck up. The very same shit would have happened to any other person in the limelight.

codhand

http://www.egotripland.com/run-the-jewels-killer-mike-el-p-36″-chain/

Rgi7om2.gif

damn im late,

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Anybody here a fan of Absolut? What's your favorite flavor? Damn I need to find an Alcohol GAF in Off Topic.

Absolut Berri Acai, 100, and Citron. I haven't had some of the more exotic flavors though. Acai is good shit. Had some oyster shooters that were really good with it.

IrishNinja

Witnessed a full on race war outside my house today while I was working on my car. Bunch of Romanian gypsies live at the top of my street. Like 20-30 Irish wannabe tough guys went up to start some shit, shouting all types of racist shit, smashing windows, all that jazz. Pussies.

They lost that confidence quick when they gypsies went blazing down the street trying to run em all over in a benz. Then like 20 Romanians pulled up and jumped out of a van with bats and pipes and shit. People started getting smacked up pretty bad just as the cops came. Shit was nuts. Im standing in front of my house just chilled smoking a cigarette watching all this shit unfold.

Just another day in paradise.

damn my dude, glad you're alright, that's some shit right there

when i was in limmerick & dublin my boy was shook at anyone looking like a pikey/gypsy, going on about how much they fight and all that. i literally know nothing about that scene past Snatch and a handful of some racist-ass threads here on OT.

I feel Cole's album certainly has more replayability of course if you are willing to let it have some after the first listen haha. The chorus to She Knows and Forbidden Fruit is kinda stuck in my head

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
When Jay electronica runs that illuminatI duchess bank account clean and is forced to drop that album....it will be glorious

I Still Believe

Tokubetsu

Kanye stannery in this thread is reaching critical mass.

Holy shit.

Username: "Enter The 36 Chambers"

Anybody here a fan of Absolut? What's your favorite flavor? Damn I need to find an Alcohol GAF in Off Topic.

First and last blackout night was Absolut Peach. Never again. I don't do flavored vodka of any kind anymore*.

People buying shots at the bar are exempt. I don't want to be rude.

lmao at the last page

I'm looking forward to reading what people have to say about Yeezus Kanye more than I'm looking forward to listening to it

lmao at the last page

I'm looking forward to reading what people have to say about Yeezus Kanye more than I'm looking forward to listening to it

Man we already know what the basics will be. People will call the album a classic after one listen, declare it Kanye's best work and say we should seriously think of Kanye's standing in the GOAT list. Others will wish he went back to that College Dropout style and will call it overproduced.
These are damn near parts of the Kayne cycle at this point too.

Tokubetsu

lol at only blacking out once in your life

No, when I say first and last I meant, the first time it happened and the last time as in most recent (which was years ago). I've had more shameful nights than I'd care to dive into. Some of them not absolut related.

Me and vodka are cool though, as long as it's chilled. I just don't do flavors.

Detox

Man we already know what the basics will be. People will call the album a classic after one listen, declare it Kanye's best work and say we should seriously think of Kanye's standing in the GOAT list. Others will wish he went back to that College Dropout style and will call it overproduced.
These are damn near parts of the Kayne cycle at this point too.
Can't wait for everyone to send me to rapgenius because I don't get it.

Went to sleep last night, but effzee got it. The message is diluted when you know the person behind the music. That just lessens its impact on me and I can't accept the sentiments behind it if the artist isn't even 100% sure he believes in it.

DominoKid

Went to sleep last night, but effzee got it. The message is diluted when you know the person behind the music. That just lessens its impact on me and I can't accept the sentiments behind it if the artist isn't even 100% sure he believes in it.

Project more please.

cdyhybrid

I'm praying to Yeezus for you.

Detox

Project more please.
You are denying the contradiction isn't there? Or are you happy that the music is good enough that you can ignore the paradoxical message he sends out in his music and lifestyle? If you are fine, I'm not.

Just like a corrupt politician uses his message to pretend he supports the masses when in fact it is to serve his own cult.

cdyhybrid

You are denying the contradiction isn't there? Or are you happy that the music is good enough that you can ignore the paradoxical message he sends out in his music and lifestyle? If you are fine, I'm not.

Just like a corrupt politician uses his message to pretend he supports the masses when in fact it is to serve his own cult.
The contradiction has always been there. That's who he is. Makes him human.

IrishNinja

These Kanye discussions are just a sign of things to come. You guys ready for this?

i am, but then i'm of the firm belief that college dropout is his best work, followed by others, then MBDTF

if you had to assign numerics to your preference, sweet overcast, how would that exorcise go for you?

well some people actually learn from that morning after they blackout when they say "ah fuck i'm never doing this again"

sadly that wasn't me but it's only happened a few times.

Detox

The contradiction has always been there. That's who he is. Makes him human.
It's not a human contradiction, it's fraud. It's like telling someone to stop smoking while you go and puff on a Cuban. He is just exploiting the messages in the Yeezus tracks thus far to serve his own interests while feigining a serious concern that affects society.

cdyhybrid

It's not a human contradiction, it's fraud. It's like telling someone to stop smoking while you go and puff on a Cuban. He is just exploiting the messages in the Yeezus tracks thus far to serve his own interests while feigining a serious concern that affects society.

99% of rappers are frauds if that's your criteria. Including Nasir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom