• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptic

Woah,woah,woah. Big Sean is terrible.
Street Lordz, Team Eastside, GDB, Fat Killahz, Esham, Gordy from time to time, eminem, anyone Helluva/Kidd produces, Nick Speed, Seven the General,Dusty Mcfly, to name a few.
Something about what I've been hearing on the radio the past 5-10 years just sounds real phony, I can't put my name on it, but I'd rather listen to those guys talking, my opinion.

I've been listening to him a lot lately, as an example, he's a member of the greenguys;Icewear Vezzo:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP0E5VsCPko

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Restricting your music choices to a single city seems absolutely bizarre and insane to me. Is it a hometown pride thing? Cause if so you are taking it way too far and are missing out on a lot of good music.

exarkun

Saw the post about kanye stannery. I mean, everyone has a little Kanye stan inside them. Don't even think its possible to dislike yeezus. Hes given us too much.

and fuck jay elec. Badu for life.

siddx

I mean, everyone has a little Kanye stan inside them.

Naw, not even remotely. He could never make another song in his life and it wouldn't bother me one bit. Haven't enjoyed an album since graduation and outside of a few tracks here and there, all his work since has been a clusterfuck of shittiness. But I don't wonder why others still like him anymore, he obviously hits certain people's musical soft spot. Just not mine, not ever close.

overcast

Hey guys, I know some of you must know laptops in here. My girlfriend wants a laptop for college. I think Apple products are over priced so I've been against them. Any easy to use, reliable, good looking ones? Doesn't need to be gaming, preferably between 500 - 800 dollars.

Sorry for going off topic. I tried the gaming laptop thread a while ago.

Tokubetsu

Naw, not even remotely. He could never make another song in his life and it wouldn't bother me one bit. Haven't enjoyed an album since graduation and outside of a few tracks here and there, all his work since has been a clusterfuck of shittiness. But I don't wonder why others still like him anymore, he obviously hits certain people's musical soft spot. Just not mine, not ever close.

Siddx has too much Nicki Minaj in him to let Yeezus in.

cryptic

Restricting your music choices to a single city seems absolutely bizarre and insane to me. Is it a hometown pride thing? Cause if so you are taking it way too far and are missing out on a lot of good music.

I mean, it's not like I'm restricting myself, that just happens to be the way it is at the moment. I used to be into New York rap, Wu and Priest, still listen to Sean P whenever, but a lot of the rappers I used to like have gotten so abstract for me that it throws me off, but I need something new at the same time.
Trust me I'm listening but I can't name a hot up and comer from either side or below no more and Detroit seems to have an almost 90s era New York hunger bubbling so I've been sticking there but still on the check out.

siddx

Siddx has too much Nicki Minaj in him to let Yeezus in.

I actually danced to two nicki minaaj songs tonight. To be fair I was drunk and high as fuck, but I still felt like I needed to flog myself as penance.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Can't wait for Peter's next beat entitled Let Nas Down.

image.php

zychi

Banned
Lol kendricks show was do basic.

I saw him last summer before drank blew up. It was literally him, a guy on a macbook, and a black curtain behind him. Shit was awesome tho, I spent $45 and walked through Wiz fans to hear him.

I've heard MAAD city stuff is terrible live. Like he's fishing for the crowd to know the chorus to every song, and its awkward as fuck.

HiResDes

Tree - Sunday School II
Bukkweat Bill - 8886
Eddie B - Horsepower
B.I.C. (Bitches is Crazy) - Influence
J. Lately & J. Good - PB&Js
MFN - Kismet
Nike Nando - SPRDLV
Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap
Sahtyre - LSD
Joey Fatts - Chipper Jones II
Travis Scott - Owl Pharoah
Chuck English - Droptops
Bones - Teenager
Scotty - F.A.I.T.H
KRIT - King Remembered
Iamsu - Kilt 2
Alley Boy - War Cry

PBY

Banned
Governor's? How is it? Not upset I didn't get tix. More excited about all the free concerts this summer anyway.
Sick. You should try and get a ticket for tom.
Was it at a college? Did he put on the jersey of the school with a three on it and say "we're all family" or some shit?
No, Governors ball.
I saw him last summer before drank blew up. It was literally him, a guy on a macbook, and a black curtain behind him. Shit was awesome tho, I spent $45 and walked through Wiz fans to hear him.

I've heard MAAD city stuff is terrible live. Like he's fishing for the crowd to know the chorus to every song, and its awkward as fuck.

This is who I saw today, and the order of how I liked it:

1. Thievery Corporation- Killed it. Flawless show. So much energy.
2. Guns N Roses- AKA the corpse of Axl and friends. Still cool to see such a legend do his thing, nailed Sweet Child of Mine.
3. Kendrick- Was a fine show. But still super 'basic.' Its tough to come off these shows that have like 18 instruments with multiple vocalists to see a dude rap over beats from a DJ. I saw him last summer at another festival, and that time he had negative swag and the crowd was moderately hyped. This time it was rough because the crowd was just SO huge to get much hypeness, but people seemed moderately into it. The hits hit home, ie Drank killed. But a lot of other stuff kinda didn't go over as well, for example that Drake track suuuuuuuucks live. Even Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe wasn't that cool for some reason.
4. Cut Copy. Pretty cool.
5. Azalea Banks- Pretty energetic, still a super basic show.
6. Nas- Didn't see him lol, but from the bits I heard walking through the stages he seemed to be actually doing okay, his rapping sounded clear and on point. I'll eat my words, he didn't look like he was taking any Ls.

HYPE ON HYPE ON HYPE FOR YEEZUS TOM DOE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom