• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
What are the names of asher mixtapes you guys are talking about? I had no idea asher wasn't wack but I knew him basically from that one song...
Greenhouse, seared foie gras, and the jazz tape (think it was called pabst and something)

His album is good too tho.

exarkun

Nah Jay will be listening to the song during the mixing sessions and Guru will look at him with an awkward stare. Jay will be like "what's up?" Guru "nothing, don't worry about it." Eventually after over a decade of working together Jay will ask "seriously something is bugging you , what is it?" Guru writes on a piece of paper and leaves the studio. Jay walks up to it and turns it over reading the words written in green block capital: Nas murdered you on your own album don't clear this shit. Jay's hands start to tremble, he has flashbacks of touching Nas' head while he was on tour with Large Professor, he takes a deep breath and walks to his spare house in Queensbridge. He phones B and tells her he has a business meeting in Europe. Jay turns on a ipod stereo styled like an old boom box with Nas' discography loaded in. As the tears stream down his face he looks through the window at the bench on the Illmatic cover, his hands leaving condensation marks on its position. He tries to think about other things like how he is going to tell Ye that song isn't going through alas that night his mind had room for only one thought: he let Nas down.

Fantastic.

Nas can afford a jay feature, he be on that MMG fast track nowadays. I wonder how much ross pays him to feature on those songs.

Matugi

So I'm looking for some stuff to add to my library. I like Kendrick's stuff and also like stuff in the style of Jay-Z, Kanye, and Em.

DominoKid

No New Friends video is weird.

the
TkGZGGV.jpg
makes sense now.

mooooose

Mac really came through on making this album an quasi underground album. Few cheesy old Mac miller type songs, features from TDE, OF, and Bronson. These guys aren't really underground dudes but they sure weren't Mac miller familiar. Hopefully they all see shine because of this.

Best production is SDS. The live versions Mac did with the Internet were as good as the album cuts.

CRS

Overall, Mac's album is really solid and has a great progression climaxing with Watching Movies and descending to a much somber mood with REMember, Someone Like You, and finally ending the album with Clams' Youforia. Really glad he saved it for the very end. Luckily, only couple of tracks that I didn't like are two of the three bonus tracks, O.K. and Goosebumpz. Also, really wish Q was on Watching Movies instead of Gees.

New Mac Miller is actually good.

Glad to see he went away from his teeny bopper music like Donald Trump.

Red Dot Sight might be my favorite right now, I'm pretty sure that's Loaded Lux at the end talkin dat smack, shits dope.

Mac's album so far is tight. The production is amazing, and all the features have been great. I only heard crooked smile and let nas down from born sinner and the latter is wack, why is j cole simping over nas?

Love his guest features, have yet to hear a song with just him other than "Bible on the Dash", which as dope.

187 freestyle and guillotine swordz are just terrific. In fact download all of 106 & snort and bogota rich, no need to thank me.

DominoKid

so we know Action Bronson has fixed at least 2 games:

Georgia Southern vs Grambling (1 Train)
Kentucky vs Miami of Ohio (Red Dot Music)

that's one of my favorite retread lines. any more? i don't listen to Bronson enough to recall them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom