• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

ok. every one here needs to check that Cult Favorite.

Fucking amazing and has become the number one this year. Def Jux fans NEED this album.

SIIIIIIIIICK!

im losing my shit.

thabiz

I thought we were talking about the best beat? Your wrong opinion of the rapper is irrelevant.

the beat is weak ass shit.

bird on a wire is the shit.

shit is next level. higher power and all that.

and i hate riff raff. that beat crosses guarded borders.

Esch

Banned
best beat of his is sixty seven turbo jet, WOH, or maybe bird on a wire. theyre all god tier.

id also accept playing in the wind or french montanas intro. nothing else.

Esch

Banned
leaving the docks gets criminally ignored around here

that was the closest thing to miami vice swag rap i've ever heard.

its an amazing beat but when WOH is right after it its just like seeing schoolboy before kendrick; good but LOL you're an opener sorry.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
2 chainz is number one. grandmas know who he is.

love him, hate him or don't give a fuck about him. Dude put in work last year and is popping off 2013 fairly strong too

mooooose

Rocky had a better year than Nas, and arguably a similar year to Ross. Big Sean and Ye had a much better year than all of those guys.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Where you guys getting your album sales data? I'm always curious as to who sold what and can never find it until one you enlightened mugs put it in here.

Blackace

How is Nas on the list? His album was damn good but hasn't gone gold, didn't have any hit singles, didn't win a Grammy, etc.

the Don was a fairly big single and his album did hold number 1 on the charts for a second.

but yeah he is kinda like Wizards MJ as an all-star

Blackace

Rocky had a better year than Nas, and arguably a similar year to Ross. Big Sean and Ye had a much better year than all of those guys.

based on what? Ross had a great year for MMG and are pretty much a staple in hip-hop right. Ye didn't release a solo album last year and still made the list, pretty ballin IMO

Kendrick will be #1, Wayne second. Not that I care. Too busy checking out thabiz's links, shit is crazy

2 Chainz not making the list at all is pretty crazy.. With Future on it..

mooooose

based on what? Ross had a great year for MMG and are pretty much a staple in hip-hop right. Ye didn't release a solo album last year and still made the list, pretty ballin IMO

Ross delivered a mixtape that was better than his album, Ye rode the wave of WTT for the first six months of the year and gave us arguably the biggest singles of the year in rap (Mercy, Cold, Clique, Don't Like, New God Flow). White girls listened to Mercy, Cold, and Clique. They also listened to No Lie and Fuckin Problems, and the list gets short from there on.

Rappers who have crossover white girl appeal deserve top spot in terms of a list like THIS. This isn't "who spit hardest" or "who made the best album" list. It's who made guap and who got listened to most.

Esch

Banned
Ye is still riding off NiP and while Cruel Summer was a piece of shit comparable to what happens when i eat an entire wheel of cheese, it did have popular singles. Not to mention he's just a really visible guy right now. he's dating kim k who america has on a pedestal right now.

Same thing for Ross, although I think his year did kinda suck and he should be lower. A$AP has no real mainstream interest in him like say, Kendrick or even Nasir this year. He's basically getting his shine from a combination of the underground hip hop fanbase, p4k style hipsters, and SOME mainstream shine. He should be a lil higher than he is.

Nas is a returning star, people are just astounded that he didnt release a pile of shit.

Forgot about 2chainz. So 2chainz #2, Kendrick number one meaning no Wayne? Seems likely lol. Revenge for his NY diss.

What a stupid list.

Blackace

Ross delivered a mixtape that was better than his album, Ye rode the wave of WTT for the first six months of the year and gave us arguably the biggest singles of the year in rap (Mercy, Cold, Clique, Don't Like, New God Flow). White girls listened to Mercy, Cold, and Clique. They also listened to No Lie and Fuckin Problems, and the list gets short from there on.

Rappers who have white girl appeal deserve top spot.

Don't Like wasn't even his song.. Mercy and Clique are great Mtv singles NGF.. isn't..

Ross obviously appeals to someone because he went gold and his mixtapes and self made vol 2 were insane. And the white girl appeal thing would give Wayne and Drake number 1 spots forever not Ye..

Blackace

Rappers who have crossover white girl appeal deserve top spot in terms of a list like THIS. This isn't "who spit hardest" or "who made the best album" list. It's who made guap and who got listened to most.

Which would be Ross all day..

Blackace

Forgot about 2chainz. So 2chainz #2, Kendrick number one meaning no Wayne? Seems likely lol. Revenge for his NY diss.

What a stupid list.

I don't see Kendrick getting number 1... Not that he doesn't deserve it, I just don't see it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom