• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJT

Stop trying to use grammar before you lose a finger. Also neogaf is an open forum for discussions. All I seem to get out of the general consensus in here is name calling and one liners. Also never an actual response to what I am saying. Old dusty heads... nice. I can see Jim Jones influenced you how to speak on forums.

At the end of the day it isn't just entertainment. These artists influence a wide variety of people including you.

I'm curious: do you feel the same way about movies or videogames? What are your thoughts on Goodfellas or GTA?

SwagJesus

Banned
Funny you mentioned Jazz, a genre that got so water down since 60's, lol. You had a few here and there in the 70's but nothing like it was in its heyday. A genre that lost soul, and turned into a Verizon call waiting message. Enjoy.

Being that I haven't heard anything before the 60's, Thanks for the tip.

SwagJesus

Banned
I'm curious: do you feel the same way about movies or videogames? What are your thoughts on Goodfellas or GTA?

You aren't sitting there saying everything they are on screen are you? My question to you would be do Movies and Videgames influence people in the same way that music does?

That really isn't my point though. It's the fact that the shit they talk about is the most unrealistic shit ever. You know what fuck this shit let's go back to posting dope ass tracks and talking shit about people's personal preference.

PBY

Banned
You aren't sitting there saying everything they are on screen are you? My question to you would be do Movies and Videgames influence people in the same way that music does?

That really isn't my point though. It's the fact that the shit they talk about is the most unrealistic shit ever. You know what fuck this shit let's go back to posting dope ass tracks and talking shit about people's personal preference.

I mean.. thats always been the argument no? Movies are quotable, and videogames get even more of this shit due to you 'actually doing the motions'- shit there was a massive supreme court decision 2 years ago about that very issue.

Anyways, I'll bite. This would be my suggestion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45AGkf5vgPI

Bishman

XnUBY2S.jpg

If you're not digging the content, you should really look into christian hip-hop. I posted a few albums here in the past. Production and lyrics are rather amazing. Is not preach heavy as you think it might be.

This is one of my favorite artist in that genre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36E26Ot8FVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lACnBqX5k4

overcast

Who really NEEDS to relate to the music they listen to. It helps in some instances, like I love plenty of artists more because their lyrics are relatable. On the other hand, there are so many artists (plenty of which are some of my favorites) who I don't relate to in the least. Chill out.

Seems like such a silly complaint. Although I personally can relate to Hip-hop much more than any other genre because of how my childhood and growing up has been. But to me your logic fails because what if it's a concept album that tells a story. One of my favorite albums is David Bowie Ziggy Stardust and I sure as hell can't relate to alien and shit

thabiz

Fuck. bowie takes me back. my first concert ever was the glass spider tour in 87.

the new album is awesome. the duke is back.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Alright, so my contract on SimCity ended a day ago and I'm now freshly unemployed and have a lot of catching up to do. What did I miss this last month that I need to check out?

thabiz

Cult Favorites is off the charts. Sonic beatdown. Im shocked. shaken. This is how you do an album.

The bass will loosen a rib.

thabiz

Alright, so my contract on SimCity ended a day ago and I'm now freshly unemployed and have a lot of catching up to do. What did I miss this last month that I need to check out?

Get

Tokyo Towers
For Madmen Only
Red Tooth Rap
Abrasions
Rawhyde Mixtape
Czarface
Grimy Awards
Dirty Naturals
Tonite Show

Status
Not open for further replies.